Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can finally get that "never speak of this again" medal and have the site record it this time :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
You don't get medals for private matches

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
:smith:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Private Matches are up now?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

yeah they just turned them on, restart if necessary

FishBulb posted:

What the what
you can carry the spark in a sparrow

Roman fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 13, 2016

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
gently caress yeah so our idea of Star War Episode 1 Pod Racing can live

One team on scooters, the other team has sniper rifles and the pod racers have to get to the other side of the map on skyshock or bastion of light or whatever

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

can you still ride on another person's sparrow? if so, we need sparrow jousting with swords/shotguns

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Make Destiny Multiplayer Great Again

(by not letting poor smelly pubbies in)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just loaded Bastion / Night. So i can see the a war between the vex and the cabal in the skybox.

So these X in the sky are Vex landing pods formations / Cabal flying to space (Is hard to say what faction, they just float).

Tei fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 13, 2016

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Thorn always was the most fun in the game, i once got a 12 kill streak by blindly firing it into a doorway on that map that looks like a shopping centre.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

gently caress yeah so our idea of Star War Episode 1 Pod Racing can live

One team on scooters, the other team has sniper rifles and the pod racers have to get to the other side of the map on skyshock or bastion of light or whatever

Snipers and sticky grenades.

Can you gently caress with loadouts and whatever in the private matches? Infinite ammo or restrict weapons etc?

Playing that gametype where everyone had unlimited rockets in Halo was pretty fun for a 20 minute blast

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

hitchensgoespop posted:

Snipers and sticky grenades.

Can you gently caress with loadouts and whatever in the private matches? Infinite ammo or restrict weapons etc?

Playing that gametype where everyone had unlimited rockets in Halo was pretty fun for a 20 minute blast

Game won't enforce it but with invite and kick power it's much easier to rely on the honor system. No infinite ammo or anything you can't do in any other mode, though.

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

here's the most important q: can we turn on mayhem

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ohrwurm posted:

yes

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

ohrwurm posted:

Better question:

can we never turn it off?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

ohrwurm posted:

:getin:

(Has Mayhem Rumble too)

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Bernie and I just did an impromptu test of TLW vs. Hard Light and it turns out TLW is about 4.0 times as good, give or take a bit.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Bernie and I just did an impromptu test of TLW vs. Hard Light and it turns out TLW is about 4.0 times as good, give or take a bit.

So I guess anecdotes ARE data because we've known that for two years.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It was peer reviewed data

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

can you join in on random private matches, I.e is there a browser or do you have to get an invite to one?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Lyer posted:

can you join in on random private matches, I.e is there a browser or do you have to get an invite to one?

I haven't touched the private match stuff at all but I'm going to say haha god no of course you can't haven't you been paying attention the last 2 years?!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Can you do 6 v 6 skirmish and elimination?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

I've heard people talk about elimination so I'm going to say yes.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

No

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

For reals or trollin?

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

BlindSite posted:

For reals or trollin?

No it's just regular elimination and skirmish.

runwiled
Feb 21, 2011
I find it bizarre that you can complete Crucible bounties and quests in Private matches. Time to finish all those lovely sub class punch quests

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Time to finish doubles grimoire

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So who wants to sword-hilt rumble?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Well I never noticed that sweeping robot in Bannerfall before but now I did

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
http://i.imgur.com/ZpiGLcz.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/18F3wOa.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/gkeLXXZ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/OSkx8Vx.gifv

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Any time Trickle is included in any modifier set I always make a similar post on here that I hope gains some traction or at least inspires another post that gains traction and winds up somewhere Bungie can see it:

Trickle is the worst modifier in this game and takes away many of the unique things this game was supposed to innovate on. NO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY a good challenge is welcomed any day. The issue is that Trickle makes things BORING which in my opinion is worse than if content was just too difficult.

Trickle takes every defining aspect of Destiny's game play and stifles it. We are SUPPOSED to be Space Zombies with God powers, so WHY is there a modifier that instead makes us CoD soldiers with no abilities? HOW is it fun to give us grenades, melees and supers and then say, "well now you can only use them half as much!"

Some people like Trickle, and that's fine, some people also like shoving light bulbs up their asses. The majority of the people I know just tolerate it as a modifier and grab a Monte Carlo or guns with melee and grenade recharge perks, resigned that they have to pigeon-hole their play style (something I thought went against Bungie's philosophy...) in order to get their abilities near-when they are used to getting them. But why do we have to tolerate a lovely, counter-intuitive modifier? I don't get on Destiny to compromise or tolerate lovely game choices, I get on Destiny because I want to have fun playing the mechanics unique to this game and not just any random FPS where you don't have abilities.

Trickle is boring, please remove it as a modifier. Until then I will continue to not participate in any activity that has it for the week, and I will continue to post my "Trickle Sucks" posts until it is removed or the community ties me to a railroad tie, tars & feathers me, and sends me out into the wild.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That will hopefully teach them to stop saying fusions suck.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Mill Village posted:

Any time Trickle is included in any modifier set I always make a similar post on here that I hope gains some traction or at least inspires another post that gains traction and winds up somewhere Bungie can see it:

Trickle is the worst modifier in this game and takes away many of the unique things this game was supposed to innovate on. NO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY a good challenge is welcomed any day. The issue is that Trickle makes things BORING which in my opinion is worse than if content was just too difficult.

Trickle takes every defining aspect of Destiny's game play and stifles it. We are SUPPOSED to be Space Zombies with God powers, so WHY is there a modifier that instead makes us CoD soldiers with no abilities? HOW is it fun to give us grenades, melees and supers and then say, "well now you can only use them half as much!"

Some people like Trickle, and that's fine, some people also like shoving light bulbs up their asses. The majority of the people I know just tolerate it as a modifier and grab a Monte Carlo or guns with melee and grenade recharge perks, resigned that they have to pigeon-hole their play style (something I thought went against Bungie's philosophy...) in order to get their abilities near-when they are used to getting them. But why do we have to tolerate a lovely, counter-intuitive modifier? I don't get on Destiny to compromise or tolerate lovely game choices, I get on Destiny because I want to have fun playing the mechanics unique to this game and not just any random FPS where you don't have abilities.

Trickle is boring, please remove it as a modifier. Until then I will continue to not participate in any activity that has it for the week, and I will continue to post my "Trickle Sucks" posts until it is removed or the community ties me to a railroad tie, tars & feathers me, and sends me out into the wild.

Nobody likes trickle but it's still better than lightswitch

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

BlindSite posted:

Yes you can for elim don't listen to these fools, and I can also confirm that you get a wrecking ball medal for wiping a whole team even if there are more than 3 :getin:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

xzzy posted:

That will hopefully teach them to stop saying fusions suck.

To be fair it's a lot of "what the hell...a fusion rifle"

I was ripping people up with trespasser not necessarily because they are bad or it is good (I think it's good) bit because it's unexpected and works at a weird engagement distance.

That being said moist ripped us up

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Last time I did trials I rolled a fusion and it does gently caress up the timing of shotgun users. They're so used to everyone using the same thing they don't know what to do when something is outside the box.

I mean the high elo guys work with it just fine but average dudes expecting an easy win short circuit.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Elimination on Skyshock with vehicles, have fun

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Inferno ice breaker/no land duels own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Elimination on Skyshock with vehicles, have fun

First team to control the interceptors wins super hard.

• Locked thread