Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

update: rollback and OTA worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jato
Dec 21, 2009

These stickers have ruined my ability to have intelligent conversation over iMessage forever, thanks Apple. I've been on the iOS 10 beta since the beginning but never actually used the messaging stuff until now since nobody I message was on it.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

badjohny posted:

Anyone having an issue with the long press to bring up bubbles in chat. The long press in the arrow? Mine is apparently not working. It worked in beta 2 or 3 or the last time I tried it. It it's not working anymore. Did they take that out?

Yup I'm trying and I can't get it to work either. Is there an option to turn this on? Or should it be on by default?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

xzzy posted:

I'm actually using the siri app suggestions now. Lift phone to wake, unlock with fingerprint, swipe left and get my most used apps right there. Feels slicker than bringing up the springboard and selecting the same app there.

I'm afraid that Siri is going to scan through my playlist and recommend apps based on my music tastes. :ohdear:

Apple Music isn't bad.

Is there any way to make this whole thing more dark and less gray?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I think they made a massive mistake not making iMessage apps work across apps by using the Keyboard API.

Want to use any of those stickers in another app? Tough poo poo.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Think I figured it out. Check if reduce motion is on. Turned this off and it is working for me now

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The text effects are super dumb and pointless but I'm going to use the hell out of laser for everything.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I'm really liking this on my 5s. Runs fine.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The text effects are super dumb and pointless but I'm going to use the hell out of laser for everything.

I'm quite enjoying the combination of Shooting Star and Eric-Wareheim-mind-blown.gif

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't like how it auto-sends as soon as you lift your finger. Talk about a ton of spam.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Housh posted:

I'm really liking this on my 5s. Runs fine.

It should give everyone a speed boost, they're not encrypting the kernel portion of the storage.

Space Robot
Sep 3, 2011

Is there a Rick and Morty sticker pack? I need to send everyone I know a plumbus.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

No pusheen, gently caress this garbage poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

incoherent posted:

incoherent posted:

This x100000

Hopefully all the Facebook sticker people port for iMessage

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

How does Apple make such a huge misstep

iLikeMidgets
Jan 3, 2005
insert witty title here

incoherent posted:

It should give everyone a speed boost, they're not encrypting the kernel portion of the storage.

Just updated my 6+ and it feels almost new. It was definitely getting sluggish. Can't wait to update the iPad mini 2.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

incoherent posted:

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I had to turn off predictive text again since it was enabled after update. Anyone else find it distracting?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
So I hope that new alarm thing is loud enough to make me up...

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Social Animal posted:

I had to turn off predictive text again since it was enabled after update. Anyone else find it distracting?

Like when you have the dumb word bar above the keyboard? Yeah I hate that and don't use gboard except for gifs because it's so awful.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The new music.app felt weird at first, but after playing with it, it seems to make a lot more sense from a usage standpoint than the prior version.

Now I wish they'd update podcasts.app, update it so its as nice music.app and give me back my on-the-go playlist functionality.

Also give me back my playlist button in music.app. What the hell Apple. :mad:

I suppose I should just be thankful I can turn off Apple Music still.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 14, 2016

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Lol. iOS 10 made the pistol emoji look loving gay. Thanks Apple. That's going to prevent violence.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Weird. This is just weird.

Is there a new recommendation for an adblocker on 10?

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Bob Morales posted:

Weird. This is just weird.

Focus by Firefox has been working great for free.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

Nothing's really changed.

People like 1Blocker due to its granularity. I use Wipr.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Three-Phase posted:

Yeah I'm a little hesitant to cancel my regular weekday alarm. I wonder if both will ring at the same time?

tuyop posted:

Like when you have the dumb word bar above the keyboard? Yeah I hate that and don't use gboard except for gifs because it's so awful.

It's just terrible I end up staring at it while I type.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Social Animal posted:

Yeah I'm a little hesitant to cancel my regular weekday alarm. I wonder if both will ring at the same time?

Just set a regular alarm 5 minutes later if it'll ease your anxiety, but beta users haven't complained about missing work.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Thinking about getting the Jet Black phone, despite worries about :cry:SCRATCHES :cry:

At this point, my only concern is if a "normal" amount of scuffs/scratches is enough to make Apple/Verizon/whoever not accept the phone for it's full trade-in value next year. I can live with them as long as they aren't loving with my resale value.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Bum the Sad posted:

Lol. iOS 10 made the pistol emoji look loving gay. Thanks Apple. That's going to prevent violence.

The pistol emoji was not on the CA-approved handgun list.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

Ugh, so purchased music that isn't downloaded looks like it's permanently included in your artist/album lists now and the only way to keep the phone from streaming it is to turn off streaming over cellular (which means it'll still show up if you play music on wifi). Which breaks the radio feature because it uses the same toggle.

:fuckoff:

Just go to "Downloaded Music" and play through there?

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Snuffman posted:

The new music.app felt weird at first, but after playing with it, it seems to make a lot more sense from a usage standpoint than the prior version.

Now I wish they'd update podcasts.app, update it so its as nice music.app and give me back my on-the-go playlist functionality.

Also give me back my playlist button in music.app. What the hell Apple. :mad:

I suppose I should just be thankful I can turn off Apple Music still.

Turn off connect in restrictions.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Three-Phase posted:

It slowly builds in volume, the first 10 to 15 seconds of preview are low volume

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I would have preferred pusheen for iphone at the keynote over mario.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

Just go to "Downloaded Music" and play through there?

That technically works but it's still pretty idiotic because it means only two categories out of nine are of use to me due the rest of them showing every song I've ever purchased through iTunes. If I don't have a song downloaded that's a pretty good clue I don't want to hear it so the phone shouldn't loving offer it to me.

Also Siri doesn't recognize the "downloaded music" category so the only way to shuffle all music is to tap through the app.

It blows my mind how reliably Apple manages to make iTunes or the Music app a shittier experience every single time they touch it.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
How do I get mail fold the original messages in mail again. Every new reply is doubling the length of the email chain and it's awful.

EDIT: oh cool this appears to be specific to exchange. Thanks Apple.

FamDav fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 14, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

xzzy posted:

That technically works but it's still pretty idiotic because it means only two categories out of nine are of use to me due the rest of them showing every song I've ever purchased through iTunes. If I don't have a song downloaded that's a pretty good clue I don't want to hear it so the phone shouldn't loving offer it to me.

Also Siri doesn't recognize the "downloaded music" category so the only way to shuffle all music is to tap through the app.

It blows my mind how reliably Apple manages to make iTunes or the Music app a shittier experience every single time they touch it.
I don't think that's the case at all and not really how Apple Music is intended to be used. I'm honestly not really sure what you're trying to do if:

-You don't want to listen to music you haven't downloaded
-You want full listings anyway
-You want the phone to know you don't want to listen to undownloaded music but don't want to go to the downloaded music tab

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

cowofwar posted:

I would have preferred pusheen for iphone at the keynote over mario.
Yeah that Mario game is just gonna be Tinywings.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

xzzy posted:

If I don't have a song downloaded that's a pretty good clue I don't want to hear it so the phone shouldn't loving offer it to me.
Doesn't going to Settings - Music and turning off "iCloud Music Library" solve your problem?

E: Oh I guess it doesn't for purchased songs, just matched and uploaded songs.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Sep 14, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

I don't think that's the case at all and not really how Apple Music is intended to be used. I'm honestly not really sure what you're trying to do if:

I want the Music app to show me songs I have synced to the device via iTunes and nothing else, like it has been since 2007.

When I tap the Songs category? Only show me songs on local storage. Albums? Show me what is on local storage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teflon Bob
Feb 2, 2004

Wipes down easy!

FamDav posted:

How do I get mail fold the original messages in mail again. Every new reply is doubling the length of the email chain and it's awful.

EDIT: oh cool this appears to be specific to exchange. Thanks Apple.

Try Outlook if you haven't ever/in a while. It's better than the native client by a lot.