Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tri 3 ending, by KNIFE OF DAY. The edgiest of bands, thanks Yamato.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQjGJtJF2C4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3ydvexj9d8

here's your digirap you americans

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I am satisfied

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

good

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

they should have just had the original play

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Digirap is bad, I feel sad for all the Americans that were robbed of the amazing original soundtrack, and instead were conditioned to like this crap. :(

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

This isn't the digirap, this is poo poo. gently caress that.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is the original opening what they use in tri? like it's fine but I don't feel like I was robbed by not having ever heard it before

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Manatee Cannon posted:

is the original opening what they use in tri? like it's fine but I don't feel like I was robbed by not having ever heard it before

Yeah, I don't get why you have so many online throwing such temper tantrums about the dub for losing it. It's a decent song, but not wroth getting worked up over.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Yeah, I don't get why you have so many online throwing such temper tantrums about the dub for losing it. It's a decent song, but not wroth getting worked up over.

The Digimon fandom, in my experience, is prone to epic meltdowns over minor poo poo. See: Jeff Nimoy throwing his hands up in frustration and walking away from the franchise for nearly a decade because of people constantly flipping their poo poo over dumb dad jokes by the end of 02. And that was before the age of Twitter, too.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Aug 19, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Torrannor posted:

Digirap is bad, I feel sad for all the Americans that were robbed of the amazing original soundtrack, and instead were conditioned to like this crap. :(
A friend of mine grew up in China and she watched Digimon about the same time as I did, but she saw the Chinese dub which had most of the original audio and songs. We decided to sit down and watch the whole series and her reaction to the American version was pretty drat hilarious

Haven't seen Tri at all, don't know anything about it. How does it stack up?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

RealFoxy posted:

Haven't seen Tri at all, don't know anything about it. How does it stack up?

It's good. It absolutely feels like a work made by people who loved Adventure and remember details astonishingly well, despite not having the people behind Adventure in the first place, while at the same time aiming really well at the now-mature demographic with a more realistic show of exactly what would happen if monsters fought in the middle of a city and how hard it is to grow.

The artstyle for the humans still annoys me, but the Digimon look amazing, the new evolution scenes are a bit bland but gorgeous, and the animation is top-tier. Basically everything except for the humans looks as impressive as it should in a movie, and it ends up being easy to ignore the flaws overall.

Plus, it has a very Tamers-like feel with how it tackles more mature, realistic content, and it helps the series a lot. While not complete (of course) I fully recommend watching Tri, and I can't wait for Tri 3 to come out.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Torrannor posted:

That fight has come and gone. I think the original theme sounds nice, both back at the time and still today, but I wouldn't want to go from what we had into what is ostensibly a nostalgia project in a new otaku-approved direction that puts an accurate translation over the re-branding, or cultural whitewashing, or excessive Dad Jokes or whatever you think of the US show. Because the people who wish the Saban edits never happened have access to subtitled versions now, and meanwhile there's actually an entire wave of nostalgia specifically for Saban's edits as goofy as they were.

The only depressing thing is that they couldn't get the actual song and had to make an imitator that may be just as bad but doesn't have the nostalgic goodwill covering it's rear end.

[Spoken like a monotone man on a Burger King drive through speaker]
"Digivolve... Into champion! Digivolve... Into ultimate!"

Honestly if I don't hear that Burger King speaker voice during a digivolve then it isn't a true digivolve. :colbert:

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Aug 20, 2016

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Onmi posted:

Do not gently caress with Latin America on their anime.

As an Argentinian, I found this statement really funny, yet completely accurate, which completely blows my mind, because people who watch anime or attend conventions are heavily mocked upon over here.

But gently caress up the wrong nostalgia fueled anime (namely Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Digimon, Sailor Moon) and WE.WILL.RAGE.

Literally every single Spain spanish dubbed video of the afore mentioned animes' comment section is filled with triggered Latin Americans over how their dub is superior in every aspect.

Although I gotta admit that in the case of Digimon, yeah, USA got the short end of the stick with a lot of censorship and mood whiplash (like Devimon about to kill them all, yet they comment on how they'd wish their teacher could see this).

Anyways, how long till Tri 3?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

lezard_valeth posted:

As an Argentinian, I found this statement really funny, yet completely accurate, which completely blows my mind, because people who watch anime or attend conventions are heavily mocked upon over here.

But gently caress up the wrong nostalgia fueled anime (namely Dragon Ball, Saint Seiya, Digimon, Sailor Moon) and WE.WILL.RAGE.

Literally every single Spain spanish dubbed video of the afore mentioned animes' comment section is filled with triggered Latin Americans over how their dub is superior in every aspect.

Although I gotta admit that in the case of Digimon, yeah, USA got the short end of the stick with a lot of censorship and mood whiplash (like Devimon about to kill them all, yet they comment on how they'd wish their teacher could see this).

It's always shocking to find another one of my country in this forum. In any case, yeah, this is basically completely true, although I've found Saint Seiya is less well-liked than Dragon Ball (never speak badly about Dragon Ball).

Tri 3's coming out September 24, so a bit less than a month.

In other series news, there's a rather long interview about Appmon. I haven't read it yet because it's long and I was feeling sick yesterday, but it does look interesting from the bits I did read. Probably worth a read. http://withthewill.net/threads/16362-Appmon-Staff-Interview-from-Animedia

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-rated-ps4-brazil

:siren:Next Order for PS4 has been rated by Brazil's Advisory Rating Board :siren:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm so sorry.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

do we know what the next of the good games (Story) is supposed to be? I know the devs of CS are making some Valkyria Chronicles spinoff but I don't keep up with Digimon news so I don't know if CS has its own successor or not.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
i feel like the words cyber sleuth 2 have been mentioned in at least a semi-official capacity before, but i can't come up with a source atm.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mikeycp posted:

I'm so sorry.

I'd be up for feeling your pain if the drat game had Impmon as a Digimon partner. And watch that be the preorder bonus...

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Rudoku posted:

I'd be up for feeling your pain if the drat game had Impmon as a Digimon partner. And watch that be the preorder bonus...

I'm not sure what you said and what I said really go together.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

lezard_valeth posted:

I am Argentinian as well and I'd add Captain Tsubasa (Super Campeones!) to the list of nostalgia-fueled anime :v:

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mikeycp posted:

I'm not sure what you said and what I said really go together.

I know how much you hate the Digimon World games, and the hell you went through during that last Let's Play. I was saying I'd deal with the bullshit gameplay if they gave me my favorite Digimon, then remembered what they did for the PS4 international versions of Cyber Sleuth (added stuff that should've been in the game in the first place as DLC).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Rudoku posted:

I know how much you hate the Digimon World games, and the hell you went through during that last Let's Play. I was saying I'd deal with the bullshit gameplay if they gave me my favorite Digimon, then remembered what they did for the PS4 international versions of Cyber Sleuth (added stuff that should've been in the game in the first place as DLC).

Oh ok. I get you now!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also, heads up: Fathom has put out a brief clip of the Tri dub in advance of this week's event screenings. It's mostly just Josh Seth making action grunts for 30 seconds while poo poo happens around Tai, but it's better than nothing.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Anyone going to a screening tonight? I'm gonna be at the one in Union Square, Manhattan at 7. Nostalgia!

EDIT: I am a gigantic moron and didn't notice that the screening isn't until tomorrow... At least I caught it when I was checking my ticket at the bus stop before getting on the bus to Manhattan. At least I get to catch Jeopardy tonight.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Sep 15, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Next Order is indeed coming to the west but only in PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2037RfbLc

:rip: Vita

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
Going to see Tri tomorrow, wonder how many nerds will be at my local theater. :toot:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Next Order is indeed coming to the west but only in PS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it2037RfbLc

:rip: Vita

Well, I guess you can't win 'em all.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
The Tri screening isn't playing at the theater I normally go see Fathom events at. The closest it's playing at is too far away. :(

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/status/776416757506420740

Hmmm, weird that is only Bamco Europe the one giving updates regarding Next Order

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
According to a spanish outlet, the Next Order port has a massive graphic upgrade, 12 new digimon, multiple difficulty levels and more than 30 new quests added.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've got tickets to see Tri with my sister tonight.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Next Order looked really bad, is it even worth playing?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

According to a spanish outlet, the Next Order port has a massive graphic upgrade, 12 new digimon, multiple difficulty levels and more than 30 new quests added.

how many are recolors I wonder

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

KoB posted:

Next Order looked really bad, is it even worth playing?

it's a digimon world game, so absolutely not.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

http://gematsu.com/2016/09/digimon-world-next-order-coming-west-ps4-ps-vita-early-2017

apparently it's coming out for the vita after all.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'd prefer more Digimon Story stuff myself.

KariOhki
Apr 22, 2008
I went to a screening for Tri and it was so good because of all the nostalgia fuel. The theater was mostly 20-30somethings that grew up on the show so there were many cheers when the old voices came on and jabs at old fanfiction pairings. The actual movie was great, beautiful to see on the big screen. I want a remake of Adventure with this animation.

Only two weird dub things, first one was they replaced Butter-Fly with the dub theme, but kept Brave Heart and I Wish. Second, they pronounced Gennai like they do in Japanese with the hard G, when it was the soft G in the original series. Also they played a rather long preview for Part 3 after the credits/crunchyroll bits that summarized Part 2 in text, thanks for the spoilers :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
So your'e saying you HAVEN'T watched the subtitled 2 yet? For shame! ;)

Our theater was about the same. Fairly decent crowd, a lot of cheering when familiar voices came up, and a lot of commentary about Leomon oddly enough. A real 5.1 soundtrack helped, it really adds to the experience since the streaming version was just a plain jane stereo track. It did put the strangeness of some of the dub voices in play, it felt like something halfway between the old dub stylings, and something like the Viz Sailor Moon, where they were making an effort to make ti right. Either way, it still worked and not needing to read subtitles allowed me to enjoy the visuals on the big screen.

The biggest cheer was probably when Izzy finally pulled out Prodigious.