Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Wait, can you progress punch/grenade/super kills, TLW chaperone %, and/or 6+ weapon kill rounds for the mountain top quest line in private matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

poor life choice posted:

Wait, can you progress punch/grenade/super kills, TLW chaperone %, and/or 6+ weapon kill rounds for the mountain top quest line in private matches?

Definately shaxxfall stuff. Would need a scrub who hasn't done all the other stuff to weigh in to confirm.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Definately shaxxfall stuff. Would need a scrub who hasn't done all the other stuff to weigh in to confirm.

MY DUDES

Any shitlords on PS4 want to punch their PvP cards with me?

PSN Brownview

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Mill Village posted:

Any time Trickle is included in any modifier set I always make a similar post on here that I hope gains some traction or at least inspires another post that gains traction and winds up somewhere Bungie can see it:

Trickle is the worst modifier in this game and takes away many of the unique things this game was supposed to innovate on. NO, THIS IS NOT ABOUT DIFFICULTY a good challenge is welcomed any day. The issue is that Trickle makes things BORING which in my opinion is worse than if content was just too difficult.

Trickle takes every defining aspect of Destiny's game play and stifles it. We are SUPPOSED to be Space Zombies with God powers, so WHY is there a modifier that instead makes us CoD soldiers with no abilities? HOW is it fun to give us grenades, melees and supers and then say, "well now you can only use them half as much!"

Some people like Trickle, and that's fine, some people also like shoving light bulbs up their asses. The majority of the people I know just tolerate it as a modifier and grab a Monte Carlo or guns with melee and grenade recharge perks, resigned that they have to pigeon-hole their play style (something I thought went against Bungie's philosophy...) in order to get their abilities near-when they are used to getting them. But why do we have to tolerate a lovely, counter-intuitive modifier? I don't get on Destiny to compromise or tolerate lovely game choices, I get on Destiny because I want to have fun playing the mechanics unique to this game and not just any random FPS where you don't have abilities.

Trickle is boring, please remove it as a modifier. Until then I will continue to not participate in any activity that has it for the week, and I will continue to post my "Trickle Sucks" posts until it is removed or the community ties me to a railroad tie, tars & feathers me, and sends me out into the wild.

Same. But Skill Based Match Making instead of Trickle.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Elimination on Skyshock with vehicles, have fun

Oh no

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You can dilo Shaxxfall in private marches.

loving hell.

In the next updates cunts will be able to make it to the lighthouse in private matches.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Good, then I can get those grimoire cards.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

CheeseFactory posted:

You can dilo Shaxxfall in private marches.

loving hell.

In the next updates cunts will be able to make it to the lighthouse in private matches.

If I can defeat the guys in the bone crew who regularly do trials, I just might be able to hit lighthouse if I gave a poo poo.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The best part of private matches is that all the bullshit that's infuriating against randos is funny as hell agrainst bros.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Are you making sure to tea-bag after every kill?

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
In elimination, steep your opponent until the round is over.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I hardly ever play pvp but today I thought I'd grind for that HC everyone seems to love. This one's okay right?

lol

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

8th-snype posted:

I hardly ever play pvp but today I thought I'd grind for that HC everyone seems to love. This one's okay right?

lol

gently caress you

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

8th-snype posted:

lol

ohrwurm posted:

gently caress you

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

8th-snype posted:

lol

Needs rifled barreled 5/10 roll.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

BlindSite posted:

I assumed hammer forged would be good enough with RF. No?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

8th-snype posted:

While Rifled is BIS, hammer forged is nothing to scoff at. I would keep it. I regularly run a Rangefinder, Hammer Forged, Hidden Hand Byronic Hero.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

8th-snype posted:

It is but it isn't the "god roll"

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
Urgh, is there a decent way to raise light level while the engrams are decoding into bullshit? Kinda wanted to sneak in some progression before RoI, never did get around to King's Fall

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rep Packages, Nightfalls, and POE/COE still drop light-level appropriate loot.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Space Hamlet posted:

Urgh, is there a decent way to raise light level while the engrams are decoding into bullshit? Kinda wanted to sneak in some progression before RoI, never did get around to King's Fall

Easiest way would be to run a bunch of CoE and nightfall, pop three of coins at every boss because exotics decrypt higher and make sure you have your rep increaser burning.

Do your shaxxfalls and do the same with crucible rep going. You can get like 4 faction packages of different types in a long session and 3 or 4 exotics if you really want to grind that hard. Plus the end CoE, nightfall lootz.

I pretty much got all three of my dudes to like 335, 332 and 330 the last one I sont have an artifact for. By running CoE and passing off gear to my welfare classes.

Raid would be super quick though if you can find a carry all the challenge modes are active so it'll poo poo high level gear.

Otherwise dont bother, doing the RoI quests will probs get you to 335. So might as well just edge factions and stock up on exotic engrams.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Trespasser fucks people up

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

BlindSite posted:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Has anyone used icebreaker lately? The aim assist is out of control, it's so strong it's annoying.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ohrwurm posted:

Inferno ice breaker/no land duels own

Omg the team snipers I've missed so madly

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Has anyone used icebreaker lately? The aim assist is out of control, it's so strong it's annoying.

I used all last night and was getting STUPID kills

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That's odd, all the item managers still have it at 30 and I'm pretty sure they pull that directly as each item is queried.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally private matches, only took 3 years for quite literally one of the most basic features in an FPS .

Perhaps by Destiny 3 or 4 we might actually have something that resembles a complete game.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Finally private matches, only took 3 years for quite literally one of the most basic features in an FPS .

Perhaps by Destiny 3 or 4 we might actually have something that resembles a complete game.

By the time we would get 3, instead we will get the Destiny 1 HDR 4K remake.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Alteisen posted:

you should buy a few more copies to fund it

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

I thought you already owned Destiny 4?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Omg the team snipers I've missed so madly

who are you again

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Shot

CheeseFactory posted:

Shots fired. Four times.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

CheeseFactory posted:

What Bungie could use, is to put some time to rewrite the mapping tools, modeling tools, ... all of the content creation workflow, with the aim to make it easy to generate high quality content.

It seems that with the current tools, they have been building cathedrals with matches. They produce new content at the speed geological changes. For a bussines model where you sell the content you create, if you produce it very slow, you cant really make much money.

They may even create a procedural algorithm to generate weapons from random weapons parts, similar to Borderlands, but with obvious different gameplay. Terrain could also use heighfields or other type of modelling, that make for them cheaper to make bigger maps, more maps.

With all of this, Destiny 2018 would be basically the same game and gameplay of Destiny 2016, but with more maps, more weapons, etc and the same quality. A order of magnitude more of everything, made possible because they created tools to make creating content painless.

I am saying that 90% of everything that made Destiny into Destiny don't need to be rewritten. What they would benefit from a rewrite (imho) are the creation tools.

Anyway everything is expensive, hard and require talent people putting insane hours. And yet time dilate more than anyone want, and a "Destiny 2.0" could get a 2019 release instead of a 2018 release, maybe even a 2020 release. Good, Fast, Pretty, choose two.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Tei posted:

What Bungie could use, is to put some time to rewrite the mapping tools, modeling tools, ... all of the content creation workflow, with the aim to make it easy to generate high quality content.

It seems that with the current tools, they have been building cathedrals with matches. They produce new content at the speed geological changes. For a bussines model where you sell the content you create, if you produce it very slow, you cant really make much money.

They may even create a procedural algorithm to generate weapons from random weapons parts, similar to Borderlands, but with obvious different gameplay. Terrain could also use heighfields or other type of modelling, that make for them cheaper to make bigger maps, more maps.

With all of this, Destiny 2018 would be basically the same game and gameplay of Destiny 2016, but with more maps, more weapons, etc and the same quality. A order of magnitude more of everything, made possible because they created tools to make creating content painless.

I am saying that 90% of everything that made Destiny into Destiny don't need to be rewritten. What they would benefit from a rewrite (imho) are the creation tools.

Anyway everything is expensive, hard and require talent people putting insane hours. And yet time dilate more than anyone want, and a "Destiny 2.0" could get a 2019 release instead of a 2018 release, maybe even a 2020 release. Good, Fast, Pretty, choose two.

While that all sounds good you kind of missed :thejoke:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I do like the idea of a boarder lands type weapon system. The more weapons the better. Shut is way to samey in Destiny

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
I haven't played this for like 5 months. Just had some sort of spasm and preordered RoI. Gods have mercy on me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I don't have House of Wolves or Dark Below and the wiki said they're not for sale anymore but I need them for The Taken King, are they included with it now then? I don't play much Destiny but it's the only game I play online with a pal and we play every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.
There's a 59.99 bundle that is the whole thing.

• Locked thread