Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

YouTuber posted:

Reading through this leak and the donor credit card information is exposed lmao. Good job violating PCI standards, the DNC should have it's loving ability to run credit cards revoked for this poo poo. Probably gonna get suicided for having the files on my computer but not like I was doing jack poo poo with my life anyway.

I have this and the wikileaks insurance file on my computer and I don't even own a gun. I have a bed and a bathroom floor though so you guys'll know where to find me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is

GORDON posted:

The fact that it costs the most implies it's the best.

Sucker mistake, like paying the Apple tax on a national scale

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
giving an inch to anybody makes you a sucker, i hope we can be free of suckers as soon as we carpet nuke earth

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
Is buying your way into power illegal or something?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Gamer With Dignity posted:

Also, is Trump going to kick the ladder out from under himself once he's done?

FYGM. Not hard to believe that he'd kick the ladder out once he reaches the top.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Ork of Fiction posted:

FYGM. Not hard to believe that he'd kick the ladder out once he reaches the top.
That ladder was a piece of poo poo. He's going to commission a better ladder.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

someguyonfacebook posted:

Believe it or not, a lot of people like her actually think these are good strategies. "If we ridicule or shame large groups people and call them deplorable for associating with Republicans, they'll come to our side". It's the old guilt by association tactic. But it's only effective if you're like-able. She's the Richard Nixon of our times, but she may be far worse than Nixon. I don't think she realizes the damage she's doing. She's actually making the alt right look cool. She's making racism and white nationalism look cool. It's the same thing that happened during gamergate but on a much larger scale. A lot of people that were on the left moved to to the right, and people who were moderate, or moderate right moved to the extreme right. People, who never would have before, actually started listening to neo nazis and started thinking they were good ideas. She's doing more good for fringe right wing groups than she realizes.

Gamergate warned you!

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

In her house at Chappaqua, Dead Hilary waits dreaming.

A Clinton walked or "stumbled."

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
it's cool to watch the dissolution of the republic and western civilization in real time

we're right between the margins of painting 2 & 3 of thomas cole's magnum opus

The Protagonist fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 14, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

The Protagonist posted:

it's cool to watch the dissolution of the republic and western civilization in real time

"Since the fall of the Soviet Union, (Johan) Galtung has made several predictions of when the United States will no longer be a superpower, a stance that has attracted some controversy. In an article published in 2004, he lists 14 'contradictions' that would cause the 'decline and fall' of the US empire. After the beginning of the Iraq War, he revised his prediction of the "downfall of the US-Empire", seeing it as more imminent. He claims the US will go through a phase as a fascist dictatorship on its path down, and that the Patriot Act is a symptom of this. He claims the election of George W. Bush cost the US empire five years – although he admits that this estimate was set a bit arbitrarily. He now sets the date for the end of the American Empire at 2020, but not the American Republic. Like Great Britain, Russia and France, he says the American Republic will be better off without the Empire."

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

extra stout posted:

...the Patriot Act is a symptom of this....

Reminder that the PA was penned by a guy who lost to a guy who died in a plane crash.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

The Protagonist posted:

Is Trump/Clinton/Soros part of a conspiratorial triumvirate meant to overthrow the Republic? Which one is Caesar?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Protagonist posted:

Reminder that the PA was penned by a guy who lost to a guy who died in a plane crash.
Now there's "I'd rather vote for the dead one" people putting their money where their mouth is.

Also I still vividly recall Ashcroft's departure, wherein he graced us with a song.

Ashcroft finally loving off is a good indicator that America can be improved by losing her empire.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Gianthogweed posted:

Is Trump/Clinton/Soros part of a conspiratorial triumvirate meant to overthrow the Republic? Which one is Caesar?

obama is caesar because of his drones, full head a hair, height and accusations of homosexuality, soros is pompeiius magnus because of his money, rotundity and age and hillary is servillia junia silanis because of the glass ceiling and burgeoning feminist movement

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You guys are stupid, American Samoa will always be under America's thumb!

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
if hillary gets impeached and responds by conquering america with her private army, then, yeah, sure, it would be exactly like the fall of the roman republic

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
the protection from prosecution granted by the office of the presidency is identical to the protections of the office of the consul and proconsul (among other imperium bearing offices) though

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
The Roman Republic just has a little pneumonia, no big deal. It' s fine! Rome is not burning and being looted at this very moment, those are just rumors!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Vae victis.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
If we could be said to resemble any Roman Empire, it would be the Holy Roman Empire before the foundation of the Habsburg dynasty.

We're not a pure democracy, instead a we have a small council of extremely powerful elites who vie for control of the state through their chosen executor. When the Habsburg Dynasty was established the only voting bloc of the Holy Roman Empire was forced to rubber stamp the election of a Habsburg for like 1000 years

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dookifex_maximus posted:

if hillary gets impeached and responds by conquering america with her private army, then, yeah, sure, it would be exactly like the fall of the roman republic

you are probably joking but to clarify that's a sociologist who's been predicting america's fall as an empire and return to a republic for like a decade or three, unrelated to hillary and obviously only related to rome in the most vague dexcription of 'get too huge, get smaller, stabilize'. britain is obviously the much much closer soon to be similarity

Pvt.Scott posted:

The Roman Republic just has a little pneumonia, no big deal. It' s fine! Rome is not burning and being looted at this very moment, those are just rumors!

this post literally made me spit out some beer, ty

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

phasmid posted:

Vae victis.

You have to pronounce the Vs right though, to get the full imperial majesty. A sort of derpy W sound instead of the modern vee poo poo. Uae weectis!

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

extra stout posted:

you are probably joking but to clarify that's a sociologist who's been predicting america's fall as an empire and return to a republic for like a decade or three, unrelated to hillary and obviously only related to rome in the most vague dexcription of 'get too huge, get smaller, stabilize'. britain is obviously the much much closer soon to be similarity

I prefer to examine a society by the percentage of its population who have suffrage. In America we're not a democracy because we don't have universal suffrage, which would entail allowing felons and minors to vote

Personally, I think we would learn a lot by letting children vote, specifically we, as adults, would learn a great deal about the candidates by seeing how they campaign to children

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
America has been a player for such a short time, if yalls "empire" ends soon yours will be a pretty lovely empire

you need to stick it out for at least another 200 years imo

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

dookifex_maximus posted:

I prefer to examine a society by the percentage of its population who have suffrage. In America we're not a democracy because we don't have universal suffrage, which would entail allowing felons and minors to vote

Personally, I think we would learn a lot by letting children vote, specifically we, as adults, would learn a great deal about the candidates by seeing how they campaign to children

jill stein would easily dominate the child vote because she's a doctor, probably the only role model among the four, she's obsessed with animals and protecting the earth, and she aesthetically resembles whatever the english word for 'abuela' is

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

America has been a player for such a short time, if yalls "empire" ends soon yours will be a pretty lovely empire

you need to stick it out for at least another 200 years imo

well there's no-one on the world stage who can challenge us without knitting the empire back together. nothing gives us a purpose like MOTHERFUCKERS TO KILL

if the world wants the american empire to collapse they'll have to bend over backwards to let our most excessive players tie their own nooses, and probably hurt their own standings in the meantime, probably endure a few regional cultural uprisings

the imperial spirit hasn't yet been defeated however, and if America collapses before global nuclear war, whichever nation is strongest on the world stage will take our place

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

dookifex_maximus posted:

I'm ok without total suffrage. Ex-cons being disenfranchised is bullshit, but if you have no cut-off for voting age you're gonna get a lot of write-in votes for Strained Carrot Vomit every election. More realistically, you're just adding however many votes to a household for whatever candidate the adults prefer. I guess maybe that could be a perk to having kids?

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

as long as there are (endless fields of) icbms idling in tubes it's hard to predict or imagine what the full collapse looks like

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

really if society and money cease to have any value, isn't it the general rippers and their goons who really inherit sovereignty?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

extra stout posted:

jill stein would easily dominate the child vote because she's a doctor, probably the only role model among the four, she's obsessed with animals and protecting the earth, and she aesthetically resembles whatever the english word for 'abuela' is

Abuela is grandmother. I don't know what sort of connotations or whatever it might have depending on region or speaker, but that's the literal equivalent.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Pvt.Scott posted:

Abuela is grandmother. I don't know what sort of connotations or whatever it might have depending on region or speaker, but that's the literal equivalent.

hillary is your abuela

just like her, anyways

they both consume water when necessary

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Wait so how much did the ambassador in Benghazi pay? Or was he behind on his payments or something?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Pvt.Scott posted:

I'm ok without total suffrage. Ex-cons being disenfranchised is bullshit, but if you have no cut-off for voting age you're gonna get a lot of write-in votes for Strained Carrot Vomit every election. More realistically, you're just adding however many votes to a household for whatever candidate the adults prefer. I guess maybe that could be a perk to having kids?

thanks to convalescent care, we count strained carrot vomit as a vote for the republican party

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Pvt.Scott posted:

You have to pronounce the Vs right though, to get the full imperial majesty. A sort of derpy W sound instead of the modern vee poo poo. Uae weectis!

It just doesn't sound right... maybe Brennus said it the 'cooler' way. I mean, he was a barbarian.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

reallivedinosaur posted:

hillary is your abuela

just like her, anyways

they both consume water when necessary

I guess I had a hard time trying to get gramma Kitty to do the simplest poo poo when she didn't want to. Oxygen? Water? Food? Help getting heavy poo poo off this overhead shelf? gently caress you!

Come to think of it, there were a lot of times where I had to catch and support her like in that video where Hillary just gets ready to beef it on the pavement.

Maybe she is like my abuela! A cold-hearted, manipulative oval office who destroyed everything good she ever touched. I can see it now! The resemblance is uncanny.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

The Protagonist posted:

really if society and money cease to have any value, isn't it the general rippers and their goons who really inherit sovereignty?

yea, we'd have a series of "barracks emperors" aka Juntas

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Pvt.Scott posted:

my ego just collapsed more brutally than hillary did on 9/11

you think the man who coined 'dis-abuala'd' wasn't being sarcastic there? u got any idea who ur talkin to boy???

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
crabuela crabuela talks like crab looks like your abuela

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Anything cool other than the pay-for-positions from the new leak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Anything cool other than the pay-for-positions from the new leak?

yeah is there a good summary somewhere i don't feel like reading them all

• Locked thread