Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I will clear Aether's good name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They're both bad guys and I will beat them up with my friends.

Anyway, saying the enemy teams are version exclusive is just ridiculous because they would have mentioned something about it by now. Take Rockruff's evolutions, it says right on that page they're exclusive evolutions, so they're not hiding version exclusives or anything. There is nothing but paranoia to suggest the story will change significantly between the two games beyond poo poo like different legendaries.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Guzma told me he's only in Pokemon Moon.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If you play Pokémon Sun, you are locked into Daywolf, Solgaleo is your legendary, Team Skull is the villain team, Aether foundation is good, you're locked into Litten as your starter, and you can only play as the male PC.

Miyamoto told me.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wicked + d = Wicked

:supaburn: AETHER IS EVIL!!! :supaburn:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Reinanigans posted:

If you play Pokémon Sun, you are locked into Daywolf, Solgaleo is your legendary, Team Skull is the villain team, Aether foundation is good, you're locked into Litten as your starter, and you can only play as the male PC.

Miyamoto told me.

Man that's an awful lot of terrible but I will do anything for my cool and good friend Daywolf.

Internet Kraken posted:

Wicked + d = Wicked

:supaburn: AETHER IS EVIL!!! :supaburn:

Guzma = Gooz-ma = Good + ma. Ma as in Mother. Mothers are good.

Team Skull are the good guys it checks out.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Dunban posted:

Expansion doesn't resemble any character shown so far.

Samson Oak? SAMSON???

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Space T Rex posted:

Samson Oak? SAMSON???

He grew his hair out to get super strength.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Guys, obviously UB-02 Expansion is...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Lusamine = Um, Aliens

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm getting the feeling that the Ultra Beasts themselves are the true antagonists. Team Skull and Aether Foundation both do something that bring the Ultra Beasts into Alola and it's up to you to save the day.

The Ultra Beasts kinda remind me of the GEATHJERKs from The Wonderful 101. So I imagine them to be conquerors from space, another dimension or the far future.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
UB02 Beauty & Expansion are version exclusive as stated in Corocoro. They look to be beating up Tapu Koko and both will probably main villains. Beauty looks like Lusamine and Expansion's red and black reminds them of Gladion is all the person is saying.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Zuzie posted:

I'm getting the feeling that the Ultra Beasts themselves are the true antagonists. Team Skull and Aether Foundation both do something that bring the Ultra Beasts into Alola and it's up to you to save the day.

The Ultra Beasts kinda remind me of the GEATHJERKs from The Wonderful 101. So I imagine them to be conquerors from space, another dimension or the far future.

this works for me because jellifish, roaches, and mosquitos all suck irl

what if you couldnt catch em :gonk:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
the most plausible theory is that the Aether Foundation is indeed evil, but in a mad science-y way. Not that they have some WORLD DOMINATION plan, but that they're doing horrible poo poo and tampering with realms Man Was Not Meant To See. and they're trying to harness entities from another dimension by bonding them to people. Lusamine used herself and her own loving children (Lillie, Gladion) as the subjects. So I'm not sure whether you actually fight Aether, or whether you just deal with the Ultra Beasts they brought into the world.
and I think the box legendaries get involved because you summon them to fight the Ultra Beasts.

whatever the case, I believe in our boy Guzma, and I think he will be redeemed by the end. :unsmith:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Lusamine and Beauty have the exact same pose, they weren't even trying to obfuscate the issue.
I wonder when they'll show the buff man in a sorta punchy pose that will obviously be Expanse

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
question cuz I'm a National dex completionist scrub: I understand that the difference between the little Kalos icon and a Pokeball icon in your pokedex means you have that pokemon FROM gen 6 (right?) versus importing it from a previous gen. I'm noticing that marking on my mons, in the dex, and in the bank. Is there any significant difference between completing the dex, and completing the dex with pokemon that originate from gen 6?

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

there's a slight cosmetic difference on the certificate, I think

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Can someone explain how fish Pokemon are able to fight on land

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

if you believe in your pokemon, they can do anything

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

BrianWilly posted:

Realistically they just sit there and breathe with their secondary lung spiracles and hop around. Animators are lazy so they float and fly around

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Strength of will.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

jarbv posted:

this works for me because jellifish, roaches, and mosquitos all suck irl

what if you couldnt catch em :gonk:

I will capture the attractive roach and mosquito

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BrianWilly posted:

people carry around small pools for their fish pokemon or wait for you to find a small stream.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Sligoo is the best and cutest dragon type so I drew a picture of it.

BrianWilly posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAz7iMcC8e0&t=5s

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

you would hack through team skull's mainframe just to have the awesome muscle mosquito and beautiful cockroach if they weren't available to capture??? those poor pokes

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ultra beasts are not pokemon. you cant catch them. thats my opinion, and it will be proven as fact in time.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

sharrrk posted:

ultra beasts are not pokemon. you cant catch them. thats my opinion, and it will be proven as fact in time.

also they're people

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

sharrrk posted:

please dont say this, it triggers me severely. you can catch all of them, and also fight with rotomdex.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Space T Rex posted:

please dont say this, it triggers me severely. you can catch all of them, and also fight with rotomdex.

rotomdex can speak. ergo, rotomdex is a person, not a pokemon.

and people very clearly cannot fight.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Zore posted:

also they're people

I don't think that's true.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zore posted:

pokemon are people too

The Great Burrito
Jan 21, 2008

Is that freedom rock? Well turn it up!

Zore posted:

They can throw rocks, food and Safari Balls

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

pokemon are people too

people can't be caught in pokeballs. also people can speak.

The Great Burrito posted:

They can throw rocks, food and Safari Balls

yeah but did you ever see one use tackle? or splash even????

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Ive seen ash tackle pikachu like 10000000 times in all the movies. They love having ash tackle pikachu out of the way of danger.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lupus Rufus posted:

question cuz I'm a National dex completionist scrub: I understand that the difference between the little Kalos icon and a Pokeball icon in your pokedex means you have that pokemon FROM gen 6 (right?) versus importing it from a previous gen. I'm noticing that marking on my mons, in the dex, and in the bank. Is there any significant difference between completing the dex, and completing the dex with pokemon that originate from gen 6?
If you evolve an Eevee that did not come from gen 6, it will not flag Sylveon as owned in your Pokedex.

I just ran into this last night when I went to get the Shiny Charm and was somehow one short and had to tear my hair out wondering why Sylveon was the only thing that came up in the "not caught" search.

So make sure that either your Sylveon came from a gen 6 eevee (with the little pentagon icon on its summary page) or that you pick up one off the GTS that has (which is not that hard because GTS is gen 6 only at this point)

That might not affect you but it also might so I'm mentioning it!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i've been known to use Curse every now and then, haha. i practice witchcraft

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4e3CDc1r5k

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zore posted:

people can't be caught in pokeballs. also people can speak.

have you ever tried

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Anybody here have a klefki with a careful nature? Stats don't matter all I need is the nature. For that matter I'll even take something that can breed with klefki. I'm having a hell of a time breeding this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Zore posted:

yeah but did you ever see one use tackle? or splash even????

rock throw is a pokemon move