Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
memba this
This poll is closed.
goku 130 46.43%
goku 150 53.57%
Total: 190 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

mother teresa?

more like mother tereSATAN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
What the gently caress else happened you goddam insufferable semanticists?

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
mother teresa was a shitball retard (possibly literal) that was used as a morality prop by some of the most reviled people in the world.

jfc guys. the larger donations her order and teresa herself received were essentially indulgences used to improve the donor's negative image. she was a tolerated fool that smarter, more insidious assholes and bureaucrats used as a tool when it suited them.

nobody had any illusions that she was doing any legitimate healing beyond the West having a feel-good icon floating around that they didn't want to vet or examine. and the church certainly had no incentive to do it.

Wrath of the Bitch King has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Sep 14, 2016

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Arnold Schwarzenegger's goals in life were to win Mr. Universe, move to the USA, become an actor, and marry a Kennedy.

pants in my pants
Aug 18, 2009

by Smythe

took me a second. :golfclap:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
doctors without borders is pretty transparent with their books afaik if you want to look into a charity that absolutely does not do what mother teresa did

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
if they had fewer doctors and more borders they probably wouldn't get owned so hard by airstrikes etc

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Okay I said a dumb thing and there are, in fact, some charities that are better than the Catholic Church, I'm really sorry :shrug:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
the catholic church fucks up a lot but I don't think that they deserve teresa's calcutta death camp being the "face" of religious charity.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yep I agree, it would have been better if they hadn't been there at all and those untouchable dudes crawled under a house and died quietly :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Flesh Forge posted:

Yep I agree, it would have been better if they hadn't been there at all and those untouchable dudes crawled under a house and died quietly :shrug:

or you know, give them actual medicine and proper care besides having a slightly less lovely place to die :shrug:

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

this is unironically true since the conditions in the hospice stretched out their miserable existence to the maximum extent rather then just letting them die.

it wasn't a place to be comforted, it was a place to be preached at and indoctrinated so that an ancient retard could score points with her god.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
St. Walnut and that guy who owned several fedoras are both super dead. That's a thing that happened, too.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Mokbek posted:

There was this one web forum entirely populated by HIV positive gay men whose purpose was to spread the disease to as many people as possible.

I forgot the name but it was active 10 years ago.

I thought you were making a joke about SA for a minute there

EDIT: no seriously, I'm still not sure you aren't. It's perfect

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Flesh Forge posted:

You know, it really makes you look like a dumbass when you apologize for making a dumb assumption and then immediately go ahead and make another dumb assumption.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

the catholic church fucks up a lot but I don't think that they deserve teresa's calcutta death camp being the "face" of religious charity.

Yeah. I think the catholic church really deserves attention for their work with sexually abused boys.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
wow, if only there was a higher power capable of bringing them justice, too bad all of the power structures of earth adamantly protect their own kidrapist constituents

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm just glad that Flesh Forge got P'Zoned in this thread for being an emotional moron. He and PCOSBill should be in a buddy cop movie but they just keep trying to eat their radios.

For content:
The Elephant's Foot is an enormous piece of radioactive martial that is basically fused the the floor of the Chernobyl reactor. It is so extremely dangerous that the only way it would be photographed was down a number of hallways and with a series of mirrors.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
If it's sooooo dangerous how's they get the mirrors down there? Huh smart guy!?

Bet you could just strap a camera to an RC car. pfft way easy

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I would go buy one of those dumb VR headsets right loving now if there was a high-quality sim of Chernobyl.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Buckets posted:

If it's sooooo dangerous how's they get the mirrors down there? Huh smart guy!?

Bet you could just strap a camera to an RC car. pfft way easy

The levels of radiation that make the mirrors necessary would also make short work of unshielded/unhardened electronics, let alone some lovely CCD camera.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
pfft yeah ok :rolleyes:
Listen buddy, I know how mirrors work, if they set em up going down the hallway it would just reflect all the radiation back at them! Any where you put up a mirror would be just as dangerous as the source.

maybe do a little reading next time before you get in the ring with black belt :smug:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You set up a crystal to diffuse the radiation, idiot.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

That poo poo is still there, like right now.

I'm not exactly the expert on these things to say the least, but that's gotta be pretty loving bad right? Like it's just chilling there like that and nobody has any plans to go anywhere near it ever?

Maybe we will drop another concrete dome over it? Really? That's like the blow up the dead whale with dynamite story. Did they ask a 12 year old what they would do?

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
true story, I flew through the radiation plume flying to Munich, West Germany in 86 and I'm 100% certain that the radiation did not give me schizophrenia (it was my dad's toxic cum that did that)

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...
schizophrenia's not an STD dude, you can't blame your dad for everything

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Inzombiac posted:

You set up a crystal to diffuse the radiation, idiot.

Nah just put a pyramid on your head that shits better than any hazmat suit.

Source, I'm literally in a pyramid posting in the wasteland known as my mom's basement.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

Harton posted:

I'm not exactly the expert on these things to say the least, but that's gotta be pretty loving bad right? Like it's just chilling there like that and nobody has any plans to go anywhere near it ever?

Maybe we will drop another concrete dome over it? Really? That's like the blow up the dead whale with dynamite story. Did they ask a 12 year old what they would do?

They're putting a big quonset hut over the entire thing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chernobyl_New_Safe_Confinement

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Inzombiac posted:

I'm just glad that Flesh Forge got P'Zoned in this thread for being an emotional moron. He and PCOSBill should be in a buddy cop movie but they just keep trying to eat their radios.

For content:
The Elephant's Foot is an enormous piece of radioactive martial that is basically fused the the floor of the Chernobyl reactor. It is so extremely dangerous that the only way it would be photographed was down a number of hallways and with a series of mirrors.

That is extremely exaggerated, though it was formerly a molten piece of uranium, the part of the reactor that melted down which is pretty cool.

Content:
A former forums superstar named X Jakk, creator of Awful Fantasy a Something Awful themed Final Fantasy 3 rom-hack full of the freshest"catch phrases" aka "memes" from the early 2000s created a portrait of Lowtax made out of his own hair. This loving portrait was personally delivered to Lowtax at Gooncon2k4 by yours truly.

The only picture of this masterpiece that I know of is near the end of this flashwave animation.

http://roflzombie.com/flash/xjakk.swf

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Buckets posted:

schizophrenia's not an STD dude, you can't blame your dad for everything

he was infected with an artificial schizogenic CIA bioweapon tho, I have all the infowars articles right here

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Woden
May 6, 2006

Harton posted:

Well the best way we have to deal with something radioactive as poo poo is to pack it up and bury it so it's not like they're doing anything weird.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah that's exactly what's horrible about it, we have no better ideas. Mcbain smiley and all that.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

Inzombiac posted:

For content:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

its weird that you get this image when you overlay hillary & her body doubles' portraits

it rly makes u think

Woden
May 6, 2006

Harton posted:

Yeah that's exactly what's horrible about it, we have no better ideas. Mcbain smiley and all that.

I've read that coal plants pump out more radiation than nuke plants, as in coal has trace amounts of radioactive poo poo and since we burn a shitload of it it ends up as a bigger mass fraction.

Maybe the real answer is the same as the whale, we should nuke Chernobyl super hard and blast all that junk into the air so it's diffuse.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Same man, three days later:

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

Well well welly well... Looks like this cold war just got hot!
I knew it, mirrors and crystals, pfft what garbage! Russia's all like "oooh look at us, we're the mysterious east! With our mystical ways and giant radioactive bricks!" When in real life it's just a harmless tourist trap cooked up by Putin to scare Little Jimmy America away from the awesome potential of nuclear power!

How many nuclear power plants we have in America? That's right, not enough! I bet we would all have free energy right now if it weren't for those bear huggers trying to keep the white man down!

Looks like this cold war... just got hot :smug:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What an idiotic way to boil some water. Like seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Same man, three days later:

actually its this dude.

nms and probably nws but they put some paper over his probably radiated off dick

http://imgur.com/PeYAIg6

• Locked thread