Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Cake Attack posted:

don't tell that to namtab

that's right, im bringing it back

I was going to if you hadn't.

e: I'd have gone for something like "holy crap, Sono is Namtab!"

Yes_Cantaloupe fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Aug 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
She could at least poach the egg and chicken and season the chicken w/ herbs and stuff....

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Brought To You By posted:

Sono really is the best drinking girl.

I very much respect this opinion, but Micchan is clearly the best

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Compendium posted:

She could at least poach the egg and chicken and season the chicken w/ herbs and stuff....

Yeah, it makes everything much more palatable.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

uhg, mmos

only 2.5 chapters left in volume 2 of this, though there are some more chapters (that will probably be in volume 3 in some form) that are available online already

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:yeah:

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Classy.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I was going to if you hadn't.

e: I'd have gone for something like "holy crap, Sono is Namtab backwards!"

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm dead
*NARU* killed me with cuteness

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

This finally has me caught up to that other group that was doing this, but isn't anymore.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

And the extras. Uhg what a nightmare.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Hail King Zog

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Hail King Zog

(Seriously though thanks for the hard work)

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

'Twas I, the manga liker.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Winking practice was really good, thank you zoglin

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

These nerds...

These god drat nerds...

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Thank you Zoglin for your notes.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

This hasn't been QC'd enough but I'm sick of looking at it so here you go. (it's the fate cooking manga)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Extra points for including a Cooking with Dog link. Love that show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Mikl posted:

Extra points for including a Cooking with Dog link. Love that show.

it has salmon roe!

hina would love it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bamboo is good. I recommend it.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

The continuation of the match against Roman.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
If someone actually won that way in a real tournament everyone would be insanely hype.

Re: Celestial Rebirth, whether or not something is a silver bullet will change based on a lot of stuff; the card just has to be included in her deck as a response to discard cards in general, it doesn't really matter if it's a sensible card to include in her deck as-is.

e; pet peeve: the word "factoid" does not mean "small fact." :v:

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Sep 14, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
seriously, that's the most amazing bullshit win, and the crowd would be going wild

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

seriously, that's the most amazing bullshit win, and the crowd would be going wild

If no one else, Roman would go wild. That seems like exactly her kinda poo poo. She probably will after getting over the shock of defeat, too.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Roman got DUNKED on.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah no kidding. I can understand her fanboys being a bit bummed but like, there should be some screaming going on after a play like that. Then again, maybe that's more of an American game thing.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Man, I would kill to win that way. I love deck stealing, been trying for it since Theros.

Incidentally, for those that don't follow Magic, go look up art from the next set to be released, Kaladesh. It is loving beautiful.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Glagha posted:

Then again, maybe that's more of an American game thing.

I guess it's possible. I haven't been to any TCG events in Japan, but I know several American fighting game players who've gone to Tokyo tournaments who complain about how the Japanese players were so anti-hype. One particularly boisterous New Yorker actually had a Japanese player blow up on him, like "you're too loving loud! we don't act like that here!" (in Japanese of course).

I still like to think there'd be people doing the Japanese version "going nuts" over it though, instead of just ~gloom~

Lemon-Lime posted:

e; pet peeve: the word "factoid" does not mean "small fact." :v:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2010/02/the-difference-between-a-fact-and-a-factoid/ :colbert:

(Yeah the original definition was different, but I'm in the "whatever people use it as is what it means" camp.)

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

the first 2 images are of the same page. Is it supposed to be that way?

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Droyer posted:

the first 2 images are of the same page. Is it supposed to be that way?

n-nope...

Thanks, should be fixed now. At least there weren't any pages missing or out of order :shobon:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Roman is cute and I hope she joins the Manaka commentary crew

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

the tranquil grove card says "activate activated abilites", which seems a bit clunky.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I forget if current mtg terminology is activate or use, but I think it is activate.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Activate activated abilities is correct, though what MtG usually goes with is "Activated abilities can't be activated." IIRC.

I hope the girls can still be friends. :smith:

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

GimmickMan posted:

what MtG usually goes with is "Activated abilities can't be activated." IIRC.

It is, but I'm too dumb to come up with an elegant way of wording the blanket ban this card causes that uses that formatting.

You could make the argument that there's not really any reason to stick to MTG terminology as long as whatever I do use is applied consistently, but please nobody do because I don't have a counterargument!

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

During your turn, spells your opponents control cannot be cast and activated abilities your opponents control cannot be activated.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

During your turn, spells your opponents control cannot be cast and activated abilities your opponents control cannot be activated.

But do you "control" an activated ability before it's activated? I feel like you'd need to say "activated abilities on permanents your opponents control" or something, but then that leaves open activated abilities on non-permanents (like the "can use from the hand" ability on the angel in the article at the end) or activated abilities on your permanents that opponents can activate, like on this guy:

You can imagine I was great fun to play against, back when I went to mtg tournaments.

z0glin Warchief
May 16, 2007

Oh apparently this is a thing:

I guess you just say "can't activate abilities" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

z0glin Warchief posted:

Oh apparently this is a thing:

I guess you just say "can't activate abilities" :downs:

Well it lets them activate abilities on lands, which seems important. They could still like, Maze of Ith. I also wonder if that specific omission is there to allow players to pay mana costs triggered by their opponent (Of the "unless your opponent pays X" variety) because that otherwise might deactivate the ability to tap for mana.
:goonsay:

• Locked thread