Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sounds like the 90s equivalent to Power Girl's first run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah the Buseik/Perez JLA/Avengers was great, pretty much everything Buseik was doing at the time was gold (I loved Avengers Forever).

As for the Supers/Captain Marvel thing, I remember there is an issue where Marvel decks Superman with one punch and the guy with him is really impressed, and Marvel notes,"Well yeah, I sucker punched him! If he'd been ready for it I never could have taken him down like that."

Yeah, that's the way I understand it. He's vulnerable to magic, it doesn't weaken him. Like, he's still super strong and stuff. He and Thor are on some pretty similar footing power levels, so magic makes him swinging Mjolnir at him equivalent to a dude of similar size and strength to yourself swinging a big hammer at you in the real world. If you're good at fighting, it's plausible you could wrestle him away from succeeding. While otherwise, Thor swinging a non-magic hammer at Supes would probably just bounce off him harmlessly.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

SHIELD by Lee and Kirby

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
That doesn't make sense, if a huge man who is incredibly strong swings a pillow at you with all his might it's still gonna loving hurt

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

SHIELD by Lee and Kirby

the lack of poo poo like this is why Agents of SHIELD is a bad show.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

AnonSpore posted:

That doesn't make sense, if a huge man who is incredibly strong swings a pillow at you with all his might it's still gonna loving hurt

But you are also a huge man who is incredibly strong, so it's not going to hurt nearly as much. And since you're also much faster than the other huge, incredibly strong guy, you might even be able to catch it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

old phones hueg

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Crowetron posted:

the lack of poo poo like this is why Agents of SHIELD is a bad show.

:agreed: They had what, the flying car in the first episode and that was it? Even their plane in the first season was literally a commercial airliner painted black. So goddamn lame.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

old phones hueg

Dirk Anger was more on the nose than I thought

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

redbackground posted:

Not quite, but came across it while searching:

Let's just gloss over the fact that Superman is a fan of Spinal Tap.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Choco1980 posted:

Yeah, that's the way I understand it. He's vulnerable to magic, it doesn't weaken him. Like, he's still super strong and stuff. He and Thor are on some pretty similar footing power levels, so magic makes him swinging Mjolnir at him equivalent to a dude of similar size and strength to yourself swinging a big hammer at you in the real world. If you're good at fighting, it's plausible you could wrestle him away from succeeding. While otherwise, Thor swinging a non-magic hammer at Supes would probably just bounce off him harmlessly.
How good at fighting do you need to be able to one-handed catch a big hammer that is charged with electricity without injury though.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Rhyno posted:

Let's just gloss over the fact that Superman is a fan of Spinal Tap.

Of course he is, he's a casual metalhead.

(Source unknown)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

prefect posted:

I love that sequence.

:allears:

drat, that wasn't even as rude as I thought it'd be. Bats was just like a little curt and Cap was on it. I love Captain America, man.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Man, now I want to read JLA/Avengers again.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Of course he is, he's a casual metalhead.

(Source unknown)

This is what outside adaptations of Superman need to realize. He's allowed to be a character. There isn't a cabal of Santa Claus, Rosie the Riveter, Uncle Sam, a Bald Eagle, Mickey Mouse, and the couple from American Gothic who are going to come to your house and strike you down.

SonicRulez posted:

drat, that wasn't even as rude as I thought it'd be. Bats was just like a little curt and Cap was on it. I love Captain America, man.

"Y'er idea a' small change huh?" is probably my favorite line in the entire book, although "Justice League, uh... Lambaste!" is pretty good too.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
From a page or so ago, but I think I need to read whatever comic had Krona going crazy on Galactus.

"I don't negotiate with crazy-"
[CRACKHEAD CRAZY TO THE FACE]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant find it on Comixology. Do they not carry it? :\

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mind the walrus posted:

This is what outside adaptations of Superman need to realize. He's allowed to be a character. There isn't a cabal of Santa Claus, Rosie the Riveter, Uncle Sam, a Bald Eagle, Mickey Mouse, and the couple from American Gothic who are going to come to your house and strike you down.

While this is true, Mickey Mouse absolutely WILL gently caress you up hardcore if you get on his wrong side :ohdear:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Jerusalem posted:

While this is true, Mickey Mouse absolutely WILL gently caress you up hardcore if you get on his wrong side :ohdear:

That's what Kingdom Hearts was all about.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

SynthOrange posted:

I cant find it on Comixology. Do they not carry it? :\

Look for JLA/Avengers #2, it's the issue with basically all the panels that have been posted.
In fact, the panel in question:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Captain Bravo posted:

Look for JLA/Avengers #2, it's the issue with basically all the panels that have been posted.
In fact, the panel in question:

Yes I read the last page, that's not what I was asking. I was asking if for some reason Comixology has it at all because all my searching is coming up with nothing.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

:agreed: They had what, the flying car in the first episode and that was it? Even their plane in the first season was literally a commercial airliner painted black. So goddamn lame.

Yeah, but now Coulson has a cyborg hand which may or may not have a laser finger, so it's all good.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Is it Hypocritical of me that I love both criminally incompetent cartoon Sentinels, and things like this?

I guess part of it is someone programmed him for sass :allears:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Section Z posted:

Is it Hypocritical of me that I love both criminally incompetent cartoon Sentinels, and things like this?

I guess part of it is someone programmed him for sass :allears:

Aren't a lot of them piloted nowadays? Giant, less effective government-issue Iron Men.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Sep 14, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

MikeJF posted:

Aren't a lot of them piloted nowadays? Giant, less effective government-issue Iron Men.

I think that one's a Spider-Slayer:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The Sentinel Punisher sequence from Howard the Duck is probably my favorite backstory of the year.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

That reminds me of my favorite scene from the 90's X-Men cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMvLjw6hxQ&t=107s

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, but now Coulson has a cyborg hand which may or may not have a laser finger, so it's all good.

They cyborg hand also has an energy shield, simply so Coulson could say "I thought the director of SHIELD should have a shield."

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Vakal posted:

That reminds me of my favorite scene from the 90's X-Men cartoon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKMvLjw6hxQ&t=107s

I swore this was gonna be where the glowing playing card is on an elevator that sets down in a middle of a group of Sentinels.

One of the Sentinels gets on his hands and knees, and gets his face next to the card, and says, "It appears to be the ace of spades."

KA-BOOM

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

prefect posted:

I think that one's a Spider-Slayer:

drat it, we're gonna loop back around to Iron Jonah at this rate! :argh:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Reminds me of:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Frinkiac and Morbotron are the kindest things to happen to the internet since the sketchy sites that list lyrics for songs.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Phy posted:

Frinkiac and Morbotron are the kindest things to happen to the internet since the sketchy sites that list lyrics for songs.

Frinkiac is almost too good to be true. If someone had told me the idea of the site I would have pictured a terrible, low-quality thing that spat out grainy watermarked Impact font crap.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I've never posted something from Deviant Art before, but:

(a take on:)

Red fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 14, 2016

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

WickedHate posted:

drat it, we're gonna loop back around to Iron Jonah at this rate! :argh:

You say that like it's a bad thing

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

SynthOrange posted:

Yes I read the last page, that's not what I was asking. I was asking if for some reason Comixology has it at all because all my searching is coming up with nothing.

Comixology has a pretty bad built-in search, and the last time I contacted them about it, they admitted it.

I normally use google to search Comixology.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Red posted:

I've never posted something from Deviant Art before, but:

(a take on:)

dang, that guy couldn't have missed the point any harder.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I've never posted a tweet to this thread before, but..

https://twitter.com/Wil_Moss/status/761722399146532864?s=02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That last panel is going to see a lot of use on forums posting I reckon