Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Did you ever check that there wasn't an invisible chest in there after all after getting the lens of truth working? I can't remember if there is and it's really bothering me for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
There's a 50 rupee chest behind the Lens chest, yes.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Pretend I empty-quoted my last post re: Bomb use :lol:

A neat trick for precision bomb-laying- if you're holding a bomb over your head and press R to block, you'll drop the bomb right at your feet even if you're moving. Good thing to use if you're worried about accidentally throwing them.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
I'd forgotten where you met the ghost, so I was wondering what the shadow next to Link was while you were escaping from the ledge of technical difficulties. Nice of the ghost to move to the village side so you don't have to platform all over again.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Heh, I noticed that and figured it was a little graphical glitch. Or an ice bat coming in for a dive attack.

I tend to use the blast mask over bombs for the most part as well, even though the game is very generous with item drops. It's like in RPGs where I tend to not use limited-access recovery items ever. It doesn't make sense, but it would hurt my brain otherwise.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Zagglezig posted:

I'd forgotten where you met the ghost, so I was wondering what the shadow next to Link was while you were escaping from the ledge of technical difficulties. Nice of the ghost to move to the village side so you don't have to platform all over again.

I don't know what that's supposed to be (a footprint?) but our G(host)ron buddy was definitely on the village side of the chasm when you first get there. Go to like 5:35 in the video.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The snow and creepy music is giving me Arctic Alive flashbacks.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
So what sort of things are you having Project 64 do to this game?

I have several times done double-takes while watching this because I don't think I've ever seen Majora's Mask 64 looking quite this good. Usually watching 720p Youtube videos of N64 games fullscreened is a terrible idea. Here...it's partially the art aesthetic, but everything almost seems to be carved wooden figurines or something. It's really cool.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Patter Song posted:

So what sort of things are you having Project 64 do to this game?

I cranked all the graphics settings on p64 all the way up, since my graphics card is...well not beefy but its decent. It handles it pretty well and as you can see, it looks great

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Hello I havent' updated in ages because I am a sad sack who lost all enthusiasm for the things I enjoy for a little bit isn't life grand? Have an update!

Episode 26 - This Is A Cool Hallucination We're All Having

Edvarius
Aug 23, 2013
It's kinda funny how the Gorons think Link is the hero he used the Song of Healing on. And by funny I mean Link is wearing a dead man's face to pass himself off as him.

This game is kinda twisted.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Anyone who says they haven't done laps outside of Clock Town as a Goron is a goddamn liar

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Anyone who says they haven't done laps outside of Clock Town as a Goron is a goddamn liar

I haven't, because I never got far enough in the game. :v:

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
Goron mask is the best mask in the game, it's going to be so rad when Fae gets up to speed with it.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

If you start rolling right from the space where you stop after leaving the grave, you spin out enough to get the spikes and clear the gap of the pond below.
Getting down as normal link is for scrubs.

(Don't start rolling before leaving the grave because then you won't spin out on the snow and will just drop down into the drink. Also make sure you have magic.)

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I would never be so gauche as do laps outside of clock town.

I did them inside, like a civilized goron.

Seriously, doing circles around the central map is fun.

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 27 - ChaosArgate Learned A Thing

Update schedule should be back to normal now, sorry for being a flake as usual. We'll also be able to record again soon so we can test out whether or not I actually remember anything I learned from Artix's Combat School!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

-op my audio -op my audio -op my audio

Was that intentional? :v:

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Sep 20, 2016

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Kind of! Artix's audio file hosed up at the end and I thought it was funny so I kept it in because I have a strange love of technology goofing up like that

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mean it got a laugh out of me.

On actual game content, holy poo poo that elder lives up to his title. :stare:

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
This game made me hate the Gorons. Horrible noises are one of the few things that will actually piss me off to the point where I will lose my temper. Crying babies and snoring are the big offenders.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
How old was the elder when he fathered that child

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Shei-kun posted:

How old was the elder when he fathered that child

Oh, that 'baby' is like 30. He's Chris Elliot in Get a Life

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Are there female Gorons? Are the genders indistinguishable, or are baby Gorons mined out of stone or what? Like Gorons have some weird biology going on, what with the rock-eating, but Darmani has nipples so they're probably mammal-ish.

I want answers to all the questions no sane person would ask.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Maybe the Gorons are like Gems. They pop out after injecting the land with stuff.

We...are the Goron Race
We'll always roll away
And if you think we can't
We wil punch out a way
That's why the people of Termina
Believe in...
Elder
Darmani
And Link
And baby!

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Sep 22, 2016

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Faerie Fortune posted:

Kind of! Artix's audio file hosed up at the end and I thought it was funny so I kept it in because I have a strange love of technology goofing up like that

You were correct, it was *very* funny.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

I hope it's a lesson on friendship~

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 28 - I Hate Mazes

Time for us to relax with some minigames!

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Too bad you didn't stick around to see the cutscene with the goron called Link after you get the room key. But you can easily enough get that on another cycle if you care to see it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I'm surprised you didn't try quicksaving for the maze.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I love mazes to the point where they are one of the few things that can hold my full attention. My family once flew to the Virgin Islands and my mom got me a book about mazes for me to read on it. It had history and tons of interesting ones to do. Apparently I didn't look up once and completely ignored the flight attendant when she offered me food and drink.

EDIT: Also every time I hear Fae yell "door" I think of Lisa Miller in the space episode of News Radio closing the automatic door because it won't listen to Dave.

Rabbi Raccoon fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Sep 25, 2016

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Yay, I get my name in the video! And it's not just because someone is talking about an actual door frame :dance:

As for the minigame, normally I'd just say, "stick to the left wall," but that camera is aggressively unhelpful. Do any of the transformations have better camera angles, or is the speed from the bunny hood more helpful than the extra vision would be?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not to be a downer, but the audio balance in that video seemed kind of off - you were a lot quieter than Argate.

But wow, that maze. Kind of impressive, though, to have something ~procedurally generated~ before that was a big-deal buzzword. :v:

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

AlphaKretin posted:

But wow, that maze. Kind of impressive, though, to have something ~procedurally generated~ before that was a big-deal buzzword. :v:

I think it's a number of predetermined layouts.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

drat, there's some terrifying storm noises in this video. :spooky:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 29 - Please Don't Punch The Baby

To be fair, you probably shouldn't do that thing.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Those are in fact words stating what one should not do.

I'm looking forward to seeing how you dealt with the temple when you didn't have a fever (and it's technically the second run and you aren't actually going to fight the boss I don't think).

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Best hat with the best name.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.
We know you're able to make your own frog hats, but that's no reason not to feed the hungry Goron. If he rolled off as he was, he'd probably just stay there in the snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

Episode 30 - Fairy Hunting

Turns out this temple is a lot easier when I'm not hallucinating, who knew?