Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

Yea its the last arc. The last arc before the new chapter of the Toriko saga is unleashed.

GOURMET GALAXY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Toriko will never end as long as we're still hungry for new adventure...

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

When Toriko ends, I will go out into the world and prepare my full course, for everyone to share.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm ok with Toriko ending. I wish it had gone on longer but it's sort of nice to see a shonen get ending well. The art has taken a hit, just as Bleach did, but the story is moving at a brisk pace with lots of interesting twists.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it cut out most of acacia's full course. considering how amazing the pair arc was that is truly shameful and reflects poorly on japan and the wsj staff.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It clearly got the "wrap it up" signal. It was pretty clear that the original plan was to have the gang slowly power up over each area and have a big thing dedicated to each part of the special course.

Seeing the power creep explode so fast with the truncated version however is cool because that's pretty much peak Toriko.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I would've liked to have seen the rest of the relationships between the ingredients and the eight kings. For example, what is the connection between the Crow king and the drink ATOM? Does it use ATOM as a bird bath? We'll never know now.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

The pace sort of makes sense. If all the ingredients except God are guarded by the king animals that are more or less equally powerful, then the ingredients should be more or less equally difficult to get. The first ingredient will be the hardest, and once you eat it the second one will be relatively easier, and once you've eaten your second meal and powered up, its feasible that rest will be relative cakewalk.

Cuchulain
May 15, 2007

My tiny godly CoX shall burn forever!
Relative Cakewalk would have been an intense arc in this comic tho

also now I'm mad there's no ability called Cakewalk.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Cuchulain posted:

Relative Cakewalk would have been an intense arc in this comic tho

also now I'm mad there's no ability called Cakewalk.

thats what im gonna call the pres walking on water the one time

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

"Relative Cakewalk" is where you throw a pastry at your opponent so hard that it exceeds the speed of light and hits them with a nuclear explosion.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Death Bot posted:

thats what im gonna call the pres walking on water the one time

man he was cool

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

FAT BATMAN posted:

The pace sort of makes sense. If all the ingredients except God are guarded by the king animals that are more or less equally powerful, then the ingredients should be more or less equally difficult to get. The first ingredient will be the hardest, and once you eat it the second one will be relatively easier, and once you've eaten your second meal and powered up, its feasible that rest will be relative cakewalk.

except Hercules really didn't stop them, and neither did bambini, it was more "you gotta figure out how to work with/around the king to get the goodie." Another didn't even involve le whale at all, motherfucker just spent the arc chilling under his sweet rear end meteor hat. RIP WHALE KING MOON.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
Chapter 387

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

:psyboom:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's one hell of a take on the Moses story

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This is one hell of a chapter

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

lol hes become buddha and its only a matter of time before he crushes sun wukong with his palm

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Terror Sweat posted:

lol hes become buddha and its only a matter of time before he crushes sun wukong with his palm

Food Buddha.

Fooddha.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh my god this is so good.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012
lol at the kochikame tribute

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Law Cheetah posted:

lol at the kochikame tribute

poo poo, I didn't put that together, that's awesome.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Toriko is just the weirdest loving thing and I'm gonna be sad when it ends

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Toriko is just the weirdest loving thing and I'm gonna be sad when it ends

Good news! The food journey still has a long ways to go!

http://mangastream.com/r/toriko/387/3673/18

It's a real shame the anime was total garbage and did a fake ending. Opposite Day and everything Midora are amazing.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I uh... So if he eats god again does blue devil come forth?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I wonder if the two other Demons are actually Acacia and Froese's original appetites.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
^ Acacia's demon has always been Neo.

And can anyone explain what the hell just happened? Who and what are these ghosts things?

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Mraagvpeine posted:

can anyone explain what the hell just happened?

nope

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Lmfao

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

^ Acacia's demon has always been Neo.

And can anyone explain what the hell just happened? Who and what are these ghosts things?

Food Luck.

Since Food Luck is actually an ingredient it is actually ghosts, delicious delicious ghosts.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mraagvpeine posted:

And can anyone explain what the hell just happened?

poo poo gonna get ate.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

the loving kochikame tribute panel

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Gotta eat the newtype ghosts, Toriko.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

KoB posted:

poo poo gonna get ate.

Its gonna be good.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I ddont know whatsd happenig

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

I ddont know whatsd happenig

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
My first thought when reading the chapter:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

the loving kochikame tribute panel

this dude's an underappreciated genius, only mitsutoshi could combine such a tribute with the revelation that toriko very much waxes his eyebrows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

My first thought when reading the chapter:

lmao

• Locked thread