Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I'm leaning towards Moon because of the cover legendary and UB-02, though I'm kind of unsure because of the inverted day/night cycle. i play a lot at night and it might make my brain confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Kelp Plankton posted:

I'm leaning towards Moon because of the cover legendary and UB-02, though I'm kind of unsure because of the inverted day/night cycle. i play a lot at night and it might make my brain confused

You can always just set your system clock 12 hours off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Both.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

pik_d posted:

You can always just set your system clock 12 hours off

but then animal crossing will be inverted

its a no-win scenario

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Chill Penguin posted:

Maybe you'll be able to summon the UBs like how the big kahuna Pokémon (or whatever they're called... Gumshoos, Fat Mac Raticate, et al.) can summon helpers. There's no way they'll let you capture humans. Unless they bring in some kind of XD-esque "purification" mechanic where you can turn them into actual Pokémon.

Maybe they aren't humans

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
UBs are stands

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

i'm getting moon because nite crew :cool:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I miss the old days where you could get both cover Legendaries.

G/S actually had an interesting wrinkle with it to. The opposite version mascot was caught at level 70 instead of 40 so it didn't have Sacred Fire/Aeroblast like the version mascot did. It gave incentive to getting the other one, or trading, but still let you catch the 'mon.

Also bat is ridiculously better than the lion. Also I tend to play at night and having Moon means it'll be easier to evolve Espeon and Tyrantrum.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Boomstick Quaid posted:

UBs are stands

Behold my Stand, [Macho Macho Man]!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
I think everyone in the thread is forgetting Solgaleo is Lion Galileo. Obviously the best choice.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Moon'ed

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sun because good dog and macho mosquito

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Getting Sun for me, Moon for GF, will just have to peak in to make sure legendaries get good natures.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Sun because I'm mad at Tamiyo for not saving Avacyn when she had the chance.
Not even kidding.
(Bonus points if you get this reference)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Sun because I like the Lion. Also because I want the ingame time to match the actual time.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

moon because butts are funny

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
We don't know enough about version differences yet, so I'm not sure. Leaning towards Sun though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I preordered moon on amazon because my prime was gonna expire and I didn't feel like renewing it right away

the bat is cooler than the lion

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Improbable Lobster posted:

I might be dumb and bad but I'm passionate about Pokemon

Please get your quotes right, God bless

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Gotta go with both. that amazon exclusive steel book. And the official guide.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Countblanc posted:

Please get your quotes right, God bless

truly a Kalosian hero imo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I went with AS last time, so I'm going with Sun this time around.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I was gonna go with Moon, since nocturnal creatures are my jam. Owls, bats, cats and other creatures of the night.

Though I prefer DayWolf and definitely want one on my team. I may just have to find a friend with Sun and get them to evolve my Rockruffs in their game and trade it back.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
we don't have confirmation that they are version exclusive, please stop this meme

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

El Burbo posted:

Sun because good dog and macho mosquito

I mean I want to. But I also want Faticate.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

we don't have confirmation that they are version exclusive, please stop this meme

If it's not casual repetition of rumor and misinformation, it's not Pokémon.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought it was confirmed in CoroCoro?

I don't want them to be version exclusive evolutions and I hope they really aren't.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Classtoise posted:

Faticate is not a version exclusive.

You just fight one in Moon where you fight Gumshoos in Sun as an island guardian.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Classtoise posted:

What is wrong with Gumshoos?!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Geokinesis posted:

What is wrong with Gumshoos?!

It'll probably have lovely early rodent stats despite looking cool/funny. Its abilities are decidedly "meh".

Megas were a cool concept to make "weak" Pokémon strong, but obviously not everyone got them.

Maybe Z-Moves will be a good remedy.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gumshoos will have higher stats than mewtwo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
This new pokemon game is weird as gently caress. It's probably safe to say this is the biggest departure the series has had in 20 years.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Reinanigans posted:

It'll probably have lovely early rodent stats despite looking cool/funny. Its abilities are decidedly "meh".

Megas were a cheap tactic to make "weak" Pokémon strong, but obviously not everyone got them.

:smugbert:

Also I thought Faticate was version exclusive but whoop whoop looks like me and Good Dog are going on adventures.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Gammatron 64 posted:

This new pokemon game is weird as gently caress. It's probably safe to say this is the biggest departure the series has had in 20 years.

It's epic and I can't wait to play it

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Reinanigans posted:

Megas were a cool concept to make "weak" Pokémon strong, but obviously not everyone got them.

uh no.

through stakeouts Gumshooes will take note of the enemy pokemon weaknesses and will be able to beat them every time.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I can't get the fact that it looks like DT out of my head.

Maybe if I get a shiny one, I might use it.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I guess I might get Sun because of the muscle mosquito but it might not even matter as I dunno if you can even use ultra beasts or whatever.

I kinda wish they would do a Diamond\Pearl remake, Red\Blue remake, Pokemon Z or whatever so I can have another normal pokemon game to go along with this weirdness

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Kelp Plankton posted:

but then animal crossing will be inverted

its a no-win scenario

You can set the time in Animal Crossing independently of the system clock!

Anyway, getting Sun myself. Everyone else I know is getting Moon. Somebody has to get them the Sun version exclusives!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I preordered moon on amazon because my prime was gonna expire and I didn't feel like renewing it right away

the bat is cooler than the lion

They don't charge you until it ships so they use your prime status at the time of shipping for the preorder incentive