Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The real irony:

The people clutching pearls about disrespecting the anthem are the same ones criticizing millennials for creating safe spaces to avoid controversial ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-zJL9JuOLQ

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
These people are real.

Conservative workplace proximity acquaintance posted:

i have no problem with the seahawks locked arms unity display

these guys doing the black power thing are real jerks

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
I wonder where Kaepernick is coming from because America is one of the least racist countries on Earth today. He should take a trip to India, Japan, China, the Balkans, or Russia; or, if he's feeling brave, the Middle East. The Middle East right now is the most racist region in the world. The Saudis are notorious for treating Asian migrant workers like poo poo, and Iraq and Syria are huge clusterfucks of ethnic violence.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kurzon posted:

I wonder where Kaepernick is coming from because America is one of the least racist countries on Earth today. He should take a trip to India, Japan, China, the Balkans, or Russia; or, if he's feeling brave, the Middle East. The Middle East right now is the most racist region in the world. The Saudis are notorious for treating Asian migrant workers like poo poo, and Iraq and Syria are huge clusterfucks of ethnic violence.

source ur quotes

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kurzon posted:

Wow I had no idea this Dax host had such terrible opinions

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Good loving lord

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Kurzon posted:

ok good take, next caller

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Kurzon posted:

America is one of the least racist countries on Earth today.
:allears: I'd love to live in your bubble

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

Pfft, he's not even joined.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

sam bradford lmao posted:

:allears: I'd love to live in your bubble

They're actually right about the rest of the world being worse. Not that we're good.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Our country is actually very good. I can cut my bad dick off at will, and I do

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Spoeank posted:

We know who his one black friend is, at least.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Coldforge posted:

Pfft, he's not even joined.

He's right, though. I don't see what these Bajorans have to complain about.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cruel and Unusual posted:

They're actually right about the rest of the world being worse. Not that we're good.
I know, I was just giving him poo poo. There's a very small but vocal minority of people in America who are openly racist.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i come from an academic background so i'm gonna need at least a 50 page manifesto before i can fully articulate my feelings on the subject, but for now i support them on the basis of being anti-fascist

now the question is, if I still stand, am i supporting fascism?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mulaney Power Move posted:

i come from an academic background so i'm gonna need at least a 50 page manifesto before i can fully articulate my feelings on the subject, but for now i support them on the basis of being anti-fascist

now the question is, if I still stand, am i supporting fascism?

if you stand a black shirt spontaneously forms on you and you become the fascist, sorry

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Dabo Swinney said a bunch of stupid poo poo and all I could think was "you know this guy unironically says 'war of northern aggression'"

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

if you stand a black shirt spontaneously forms on you and you become the fascist, sorry

Brown shirt?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Trent Dilfer still playing that "b-b-but the distractions!!" card

“My wife and I had been introduced to some really disturbing stuff and other social injustices: Childhood slavery in our country. And I’d gone to a couple seminars and presentations where we got really deep in the weeds about this issue. It became a passion of ours to help fight this battle of childhood slavery around the country and I had a very big platform in Seattle and I could have leveraged being a Seattle Seahawk, being an NFL quarterback, done a lot to get that message out there, but I chose not to at the sake of not wanting to disrupt the team and I never want to draw attention to myself, and take it away from Matt, the rest of our team and our preparation to win.”

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
:ughh:

Nov 6, 2002

I could have made a difference in the world but instead I was a giant bald pussy on a garbage team.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

"i could've helped children who are slaves and being abused, but instead i didn't want to distract grown men playing a game"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Chichevache posted:

Brown shirt?

I went Mussolini instead of Hitler so someone didn't go WELL THEY WEREN'T TECHNICALLY FASCISTS

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I wish Trent Dilfer would be like Sean Salisbury and just loving go away forever

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

DJExile posted:

“My wife and I had been introduced to some really disturbing stuff and other social injustices: Childhood slavery in our country. And I’d gone to a couple seminars and presentations where we got really deep in the weeds about this issue. It became a passion of ours to help fight this battle of childhood slavery around the country and I had a very big platform in Seattle and I could have leveraged being a Seattle Seahawk, being an NFL quarterback, done a lot to get that message out there, but I chose not to at the sake of not wanting to disrupt the team and I never want to draw attention to myself, and take it away from Matt, the rest of our team and our preparation to win.”

Wait is this a real quote.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Trent Dilfer: "I learned about this hidden ill and I didn't do anything about it therefore Colin Kaepernick shouldn't do anything about this very, very visible social issue. Because I didn't. Stop making me feel bad about. Stop. Colin. I couldn't save them all!"

*holds out Super Bowl ring*

"This ring. Two people. This is gold. Two more people. They would have given me two for it, at least one. One more person. A person, Randy Moss. For this."

*bursts into tears*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

DJExile posted:

Trent Dilfer, please stop distracting from the Niners win over the Rams by talking about Kaepernick. The team did a great thing and you're disrespecting them when you talk about Colin.

Also America.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Come on Dilfer. Send a dick pic to that sexy intern you like in Bristol.

Nov 6, 2002

sam bradford lmao posted:

I wish Trent Dilfer would be like Sean Salisbury and just loving go away forever

Your reminder of Salisbury led me to this article: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/iteam/tough-times-sean-salisbury-bounces-back-blog-entry-1.2189456

quote:

ESPN did not renew Salisbury’s contract in 2008 and he fell into a toxic pool of depression, isolation and self-loathing. He spent several years basically hiding in his apartment, leaving only to buy groceries or spend time with his three children (Salisbury and his ex-wife divorced in 2005). He even stopped using the Internet for a while because he couldn’t bear to read what Deadspin and other websites were writing about him.

TLDR: he now shares his home with a 60 year old homeless guy he picked up for company on Christmas.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/craigcalcaterra/status/776140352457760768

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wait what did Sean do.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Too many white people are lovely. Time to get rid of all of us and start fresh #Trump2016

Nov 6, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait what did Sean do.

ESPN had a company party at a bar, he goes around asking people if they want to see pictures of his "baby" on his phone.

His baby was his penis.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

Too many white people are lovely. Time to get rid of all of us and start fresh #Trump2016

Will we have fenced Mexico out, or will they have fenced the white menace in? :tinfoil:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Look, if Dilfer thinks child slavery in America is less important than football, then I really can't argue with his take on Kaepernick

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 14, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait is this a real quote.

Yep.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I like how he said he prepared all week to refine his comments and that was the end result

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Albert Burneko had a pretty great comment on Deadspin's story about it

quote:

Imagine knowing that there were children being enslaved out there and being like, “You know what, I shouldn’t talk about this to all these reporters, it might distract them from their rightful focus on Matt Hasselbeck.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Imagine being Trent Dilfer *SHOOTS SELF*

• Locked thread