Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
The maximum penalty for unauthorized disclosure of a tax return is apparently 5 years in jail.

Someone needs to just break the law and release a damning Trump tax return, it would be an heroic act of extreme selflessness and lets be honest after a maximum 5 years in jail they would almost certainly come out to one massive, massive GoFundMe windfall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
yknow i was calling this race as closer than 2012 a few months ago, largely in an attempt to not get overexcited and corncob myself by predicting Clinton would carry AZ, im highly disappointed by reality adjusting itself to prove me right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

FabioClone posted:

If a giant painting of himself is the thing that finally brings Trump down, I will at least acknowledge the irony.

No one will care and it won't matter.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
but uh yeah even by the "throw it on the pile" methodology, these polls put Trump in a position where hes about as likely to win OH and FL as Clinton is to win NC

bearing in mind he has to win all three, plus a bunch of other places, some of which hes polling terribly in, to actually win

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Sure, why not, gently caress it.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rocks posted:

The Washington Post is going to find this loving painting if it kills them (and I wholeheartedly salute their reporting):

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...1dc7_story.html

If the painting is still hanging in the club, “it’s on display, in his business enterprise. It’s not on display in a charitable enterprise. It is arguably enhancing the experience of playing golf there,” said Marc Owens, the former director of the IRS division overseeing tax-exempt enterprises. “It’s not a charitable use. It is a non-charitable use.”

"Arguably".

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Show the painting! Quit giving us blue ed balls!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Three Olives posted:

With a Husband at Home Still Dicking Bimbos

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Three Olives posted:

would prefer paris as president

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
An eruption of bimbo dicking.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

So trump gave money to his foundation to lower his taxable income and then used the foundation money to buy things for himself?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
D&D USPOL update: Currently discussing whether or not Bill is too old to dick bimbos

Jaminjami
Jan 26, 2015
i for one welcome trumps support of struggling black belt artists

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

euphronius posted:

So trump gave money to his foundation to lower his taxable income and then used the foundation money to buy things for himself?

Sounds like it.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

HappyHippo posted:

No, they don't, they just don't report in cross-tabs results that have a high MoE

I agree that it's a MoE issue why they don't report but the same crosstabs think it's okay to report results with ±8.5% ranges. If 18-34 and 35-44 have sample sizes with even larger ranges, I'm still skeptical of their age-based sampling.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Bimbo Dicking is such a baseball name.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

euphronius posted:

No he got OTHERS to donate money to his foundation and used THEIR money to buy stupid poo poo like paintings. He's too cheap to give his own money to his own foundation.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe we're all overreacting and President Trump won't be so bad after all.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DMCrimson posted:

I agree that it's a MoE issue why they don't report, but the same crosstabs think it's okay to report results with ±8.5% ranges. If 18-34 and 35-44 have sample sizes too small to report confidence intervals of 17%, I'm still skeptical of their age-based sampling.

LV screens are going to make assumptions, lots of them. Some will be more permissive [Q's], some will be less [Seltzer/CNN]. Theoretically an average of all of them put together gives you something closer to reality.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fart blood posted:

Sllab De

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

euphronius posted:

No, he got other people to donate to his foundation (that he sometimes tricked to get to donate), then made donations with that money to buy himself things and influence and claimed that it was his own money. Often these donations involved huge kickbacks, for instance he would donate (someone else's money) Palm Beach Police Association. So he solicited money for the organization from someone else saying it was going to them, funneled it into his charity, donated $75k to the Police Association which then turned around and rented his club for $275k.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Bimbo Dicking is such a baseball name.

get a baseball card av with Bim O. Dickens

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

LV screens are going to make assumptions, lots of them. Some will be more permissive [Q's], some will be less [Seltzer/CNN]. Theoretically an average of all of them put together gives you something closer to reality.

hence, piles and the throwing of things upon them

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

So Trump paid a charity $20k, for a painting of himself, out of money out of his own foundation?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

fart blood posted:

If you are white and middle class or above, hetero, cis, and reasonably healthy you'll be fine.

Otherwise?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[extremely 65 year old man from Des Moines voice] Christ, Edith, this election is givin' me friggin' piles.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

euphronius posted:

I don't think anyone is accusing trump of donating any of his own money to charity. He bought the painting with other people's money.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

paranoid randroid posted:

hence, piles and the throwing of things upon them

I continue to grumble about the size of the piles.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Montasque posted:

So Trump paid a charity $20k, for a painting of himself, out of money out of his own foundation?

Yes.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Louisgod posted:

No he got OTHERS to donate money to his foundation and used THEIR money to buy stupid poo poo like paintings. He's too cheap to give his own money to his own foundation.

I'm honestly kind of surprised you're not all in for the fattiest jerkiest candidate we've seen since Roosevelt.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

01-09 was catastrophic and trump is way worse than bush so it will be bad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Lastgirl posted:

get a baseball card av with Bim O. Dickens

Hey don't tell me, you're the Queen around these parts

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

DARPA posted:

I don't think anyone is accusing trump of donating any of his own money to charity. He bought the painting with other people's money.

This too. He also used the foundation money to give to other charities as donations and claimed it came from him. Basically a giant charity ponzi scheme

breaklaw
May 12, 2008
What a bunch of loving arzying wankers. How can I :toxx: for Clinton winning Ohio? Can I do it the a Trump thread? Trump will win the farm counties and that's it.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I suppose that it would be fitting that the last gasp of old white people in this country is electing donald loving trump to the highest office in the land.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I continue to grumble about the size of the piles.

certain mormons assure me that the piles are just the right height

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Reagan's casket letting out one final squeaker

Cronodoculous
Jun 29, 2006

You light up my life

Montasque posted:

And the charity split that check with the artist:

"An executive from the children’s charity, now called HomeSafe, said the charity had split the money with the artist."

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Cronodoculous posted:

And the charity split that check with the artist:

"An executive from the children’s charity, now called HomeSafe, said the charity had split the money with the artist."

lol this is the greasiest poo poo i ever heard of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Here's something we can all have a laugh about :

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/776169251870769152

• Locked thread