Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Gammatron 64 posted:

I guess I might get Sun because of the muscle mosquito but it might not even matter as I dunno if you can even use ultra beasts or whatever.

I kinda wish they would do a Diamond\Pearl remake, Red\Blue remake, Pokemon Z or whatever so I can have another normal pokemon game to go along with this weirdness

Not really sure how this is that abnormal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Tired Moritz posted:

we don't have confirmation that they are version exclusive, please stop this meme

Didn't some nerds who can read Japanese say that it confirms this almost word for word? You are the memer my friend.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The idea that I can't raise and evolve my own personal sunwolf just because I bought moon is so stupid, I can't imagine it.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
They could be wild exclusives, maybe.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
gumshoos will be killed one day from retirement

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
lol if you're basing your version purchase off of a Sonic OC.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If I had to decide today I'd get moon for the elegant cockroach and lunala being slightly better (though all cover legendaries are always garbage in every game)

I hope more differences are given before the game is out though

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

This new pokemon game is weird as gently caress. It's probably safe to say this is the biggest departure the series has had in 20 years.

fighting non-pokemon enemies was a thing in black2/white2, and thats the only thing i can see someone thinking of as a big departure if they didn't know any better

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Shneak posted:

i mean is there any other basis to go off of?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
well, okay not fighting gym leaders is a big difference too, but the island guardians are close enough to not make me personally feel all that bad about it

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Which version is everyone getting?

I'm getting Sun.

I'm getting Sun for me and Moon for my boyfriend cause I won the arm wrestle and Moon is for losers.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
I'm leaning towards Sun but I really want to hear more about version exclusives before making a final decision.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

mandatory lesbian posted:

fighting non-pokemon enemies was a thing in black2/white2, and thats the only thing i can see someone thinking of as a big departure if they didn't know any better

To be fair, that was limited to a sidequest.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I locked into Moon forever ago because of galaxy bat but hearing that stronk mosquito is not attached made me throw a temper tantrum in my crib

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Classtoise posted:

:smugbert:

Also I thought Faticate was version exclusive but whoop whoop looks like me and Good Dog are going on adventures.

I didn't even realize that post didn't say "cheap tactic" until your post.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
My theory for rockruff evolution:

In sun rockruff evolves if it levels up during the day after level 'x'.

In moon rockruff evolves if it levels up during the night after level 'x'.

Keeps the day/night with a sensible way of being actually version exclusive.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

ChrisBTY posted:

Sun because I'm mad at Tamiyo for not saving Avacyn when she had the chance.
Not even kidding.
(Bonus points if you get this reference)
:goonsay:

If you can't capture the ultra beasts, might be that mega stones/z-moves/TMs/HM are contingent on beating them.

It'd be nice if nightwolf/daywolf were like the Deerling season forms, and once you have the form you can breed up more of that form.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
maybe the dogs are just version exclusive.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

Countblanc posted:

maybe the dogs are just version exclusive.

I hope they're exclusive to neither version because they're poo poo

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The dog is boring and will have no bearing on my version decision.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Dr. Fetus posted:

To be fair, that was limited to a sidequest.

B2W2 also had fighting Pokemon you can't catch.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The dog is boring and will have no bearing on my version decision.

yeah, rockruff is so much better then it's evolutions it's criminal

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
Sundog is cool but the other one looks goofy

I would play a pokemon game that were made up entirely of pokemon versions of every different dog breed and I would definitely run a gundog party.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Shneak posted:

it's pretty shameful compared to my sonic OC of a grizzled detective mongoose

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
The day dog is better and the muscle mosquito is better so I guess I'll probably get Sun, but it's not like it matters much as with the GTS I can just trade for exclusives anyway.

You could, but it was in the movie sidesquest thing.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ultra beasts also only exist in the movies. this is the return of pokestar studios and i couldnt be happier

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
For whatever reason I always get the version that's first in the conventional way of saying the names.

"Red/Blue" I got Red.
"Gold/Silver" I got Gold.
Etc.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I get them all

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Gammatron 64 posted:

You could, but it was in the movie sidesquest thing.

People are probably talking about the Black/White Kyurem fight before Ghetsis, but I don't know if I really count that since you can go and catch it later.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I get them all

I never bought Blue, Silver, Sapphire, Emerald, Pearl, Black 1, White 2 or Omega Ruby.

I think I've gotten every other mainline game though. And Colosseum/XD.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I went Red, Yellow, Crystal, Leaf Green, Diamond, Soul Silver, Black, Y, Omega Ruby. I just get whatever really.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I'm getting both and my kid gets to pick which one she wants and then I will take that one for myself so she can learn disappointment

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

yeah, rockruff is so much better then it's evolutions it's criminal

When I said "the dog," I meant the whole thing. Rockruff is also boring and I don't see why people are so gaga over it.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Waffleman_ posted:

When I said "the dog," I meant the whole thing. Rockruff is also boring and I don't see why people are so gaga over it.

ban

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I'm getting moon because Lunala is a decent legendary, especially compared to that dumb lion thing. I don't really think about the versions much now though since the few exclusive things are almost always easy to acquire in the other game via trading.

Also I drew a sleepy Shelmet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Everyone knows Shelmet sleeps with his visor down

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

For whatever reason I always get the version that's first in the conventional way of saying the names.

"Red/Blue" I got Red.
"Gold/Silver" I got Gold.
Etc.

Same except its the second of the pair.

I'm getting Moon. It doesn't particularly matter though since I'll probably get Sun after a few months.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

he's cute op

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So we're all in agreement that the short form of this gen should be SuMo right? Way better than S/M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Zore posted:

So we're all in agreement that the short form of this gen should be SuMo right? Way better than S/M.

Well if you don't want it to look like S&M you could just use SaM. SuMo is ok but a bit silly