Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Riversideblues posted:

Been away for a while, has anyone modded the console and quicksaving back into hardcore mode? I don't have a save without hardcore and my most recent save is about 1000km from any base to drop poo poo off.

Also real-talk gently caress not saving.

Here's one to enable the console and (optionally) fast travel. Sleep or Save is a decent solution to saving problems, as it includes a chem you can make to quicksave with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

a chem you can make to quicksave with.

That's Philip K Dick as gently caress.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

That's Philip K Dick as gently caress.

If I'm not mistaken it also gives you a hotkeyable aid item that you can use to save. Or at least that's what I use to save. It might not be that mod. I forget sometimes.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12593/

Survival Quick Save. Seems to use the item idea as well.

"You're not my Mom. Don't tell me when to go to bed!"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

gromdul posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12593/

Survival Quick Save. Seems to use the item idea as well.

"You're not my Mom. Don't tell me when to go to bed!"

Yes, that's probably the one. I use it, too. Works flawlessly. Gopher's pretty much always fantastic.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm trying to run F4SE through Mod Organizer 2, but every time I try to load it, a window pops up saying a component of the script extender isn't working, and then I get a black screen fuckup.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Every time I approach the Nuka World DLC location, my game crashes to desktop. I've tried disabling mods, and I'm pretty much left with some clothing mods and the armor keywords. Not sure what gives.

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
I think armor keywords was loving up nuka world. There should be a patch now.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
F4SE got updated for Nuka, right? That's about the only new thing I'm using, for the achievements.

I think it might have been CBBE.

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Sep 15, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

gromdul posted:

Every time I approach the Nuka World DLC location, my game crashes to desktop. I've tried disabling mods, and I'm pretty much left with some clothing mods and the armor keywords. Not sure what gives.

I *think* that's Keynuker, which was also rolled into DevUI.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

gromdul posted:

If you run Immersive HUD, that was doing it for me, so uninstall that (it hasn't been updated for NW). Alternatively, make sure you are using the Nuka World patch for DEV_UI. If none of that works, it's gotta be something that is crashing when it tries to load the new UI icons.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus
Does Weapon Balance Overhaul work and play well with the later DLCs? It looks like Iron Rose has stopped updating it, which is why I ask. I've tried using other weapon rebalance mods, and none of them seem as good as I remember WBO being.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kenlon posted:

Does Weapon Balance Overhaul work and play well with the later DLCs? It looks like Iron Rose has stopped updating it, which is why I ask. I've tried using other weapon rebalance mods, and none of them seem as good as I remember WBO being.

yeah it works fine, just doesn't touch dlc weapons. can't speak to the compatibility patches tho

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Gonkish posted:

If you run Immersive HUD, that was doing it for me, so uninstall that (it hasn't been updated for NW). Alternatively, make sure you are using the Nuka World patch for DEV_UI. If none of that works, it's gotta be something that is crashing when it tries to load the new UI icons.

This nailed it, thanks so much!

The problem with having dozens of mods is trouble shooting them one by one takes way too much effort... So I was doing it more broadly by type. I had it narrowed down to 6 before I gave up and went to bed last night.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

gromdul posted:

The problem with having dozens of mods is trouble shooting them one by one takes way too much effort... So I was doing it more broadly by type. I had it narrowed down to 6 before I gave up and went to bed last night.

There must be something mentally wrong with me because I love troubleshooting my mods.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

gromdul posted:

Glad it helped!

Meanwhile, this mod is a rifle-sized flamethrower with three different ammo types (fire, cryo, and poison).

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Gridlocked posted:

So my brother is getting my the Season Pass for my birthday next week because I've been saying I wanted to try the hardcore survival mode and mod it up like with the Requiem-Frostfall-Hunterborn style thing that I had going in Skyrim for a while; but I didn't want to play with out or pay for DLC.

Can anyone recommended a combination of mods that make that sort of experience come together?

Re-quoting my questions from earlier like a douche bag.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What's everyone's take on the Unofficial Patch? Is it fairly essential like previous efforts or not really worth it?

I've been doing a modded playrun the past two weeks testing out stuff before I pare everything down to the barest essentials back to my original 200+ hours save I've had going since the game launched, so I'm just wondering if that's one I really need or if it has a habit of breaking things in unexpected ways. Out of the 40+ hours testing stuff I don't think I've really noticed anything, though Tier 4 vendors seem to work now but for all I know Bethesda fixed that at some point.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I've never really used unofficial patches a lot in the past because I don't trust modders that much, but I started using the skyrim one a couple of months ago and it seems well made with some decent fixes. Either way, I'm going to wait until Bethesda is done with patches for fallout. If an official patch adds a fix for something the unofficial patch already has I figure they'd remove it, and it's probably best to keep the back and forth minimal when modding.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Sep 16, 2016

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

Anita Dickinme posted:

There must be something mentally wrong with me because I love troubleshooting my mods.

No, you're just playing a different game. Bethesda Modding: "Oh I want that one too!"

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
I don't think you can go wrong using the unofficial patch, there are likely lots of small quality-of-life improvements and a few spergy balance changes. In one way, it's an additional level of quality-assurance that will patch up tiny holes in the map, clipping errors, etc

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Berke Negri posted:

What's everyone's take on the Unofficial Patch? Is it fairly essential like previous efforts or not really worth it?

I've been doing a modded playrun the past two weeks testing out stuff before I pare everything down to the barest essentials back to my original 200+ hours save I've had going since the game launched, so I'm just wondering if that's one I really need or if it has a habit of breaking things in unexpected ways. Out of the 40+ hours testing stuff I don't think I've really noticed anything, though Tier 4 vendors seem to work now but for all I know Bethesda fixed that at some point.

I've never used them and it's never been a problem.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cheap Shot posted:

I've never used them and it's never been a problem.

I've always used them, and I never had a problem. :shrug: I have run into bugs before they came out that they fixed as well.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Trying to make a bigass merged patch of 25 mods that affect leveled lists but my game doesn't like something in it and crashes on startup. hrm. Maybe I have to play with the load order included in the patch.

e: I wonder if it has something to do with the way I make it, I load a bunch of mods I think might need combined and it ends up only putting in the ones that do so, so it results in... gaps in the ordering?

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 17, 2016

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So the guy that made the Crude Blowback mod (apparently based on concept art) and the Concrete Sledgehammer (which is exactly what it sounds like) just released another really good weapon: the Handmade Revolver. It's REALLY similar to the pipe pistol revolver that's already in the game in terms of its mods (in that it can be both a rifle and a pistol), but its design is infinitely cooler and it has the capability to get a .308 receiver. Also it looks awesome.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

So the guy that made the Crude Blowback mod (apparently based on concept art) and the Concrete Sledgehammer (which is exactly what it sounds like) just released another really good weapon: the Handmade Revolver. It's REALLY similar to the pipe pistol revolver that's already in the game in terms of its mods (in that it can be both a rifle and a pistol), but its design is infinitely cooler and it has the capability to get a .308 receiver. Also it looks awesome.

I appreciate the work gone into that, despite liking the opposite : Modern Weapons,
MW is more a compilation of stuff I thought, however, you can craft underbarrel stuff, and switches between main and sub weapon, essentially what I have been waiting for in fallout since 3: almost stalker like gun and grenade play.
Hm, if only they could be convinced to put the ot-14 in from stalker, I'd have my fave boomstick.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Saint Sputnik posted:

Trying to make a bigass merged patch of 25 mods that affect leveled lists but my game doesn't like something in it and crashes on startup. hrm. Maybe I have to play with the load order included in the patch.

e: I wonder if it has something to do with the way I make it, I load a bunch of mods I think might need combined and it ends up only putting in the ones that do so, so it results in... gaps in the ordering?

Ok it works now. My issue now is trying to find some good balance tweaks, I played for a bit and immediately found some flies who wouldn't die with multiple close shotgun blasts and some loving crab monsters who survived grenades and an exploding car. I seem to remember the limb damage mod not being so poo poo.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Saint Sputnik posted:

Ok it works now. My issue now is trying to find some good balance tweaks, I played for a bit and immediately found some flies who wouldn't die with multiple close shotgun blasts and some loving crab monsters who survived grenades and an exploding car. I seem to remember the limb damage mod not being so poo poo.

Honestly, and forgive me for self advertising. but Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance is a good way to start dealing with that.

E: also I just realized that the link to Customize Legendary Enemy Spawning in the OP is incorrect. This is the correct link: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Sep 18, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Are there any UI mods that make the inventory management a bit more like SkyUI?

Also I was looking for a mod to rebalance amour so that full combat armour with a kitted out vaultsuit is no longer top dog; and maybe some of the other full slots suits like the MM General or bits of better-leveled raider armour are comparable.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

The Iron Rose posted:

Honestly, and forgive me for self advertising. but Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance is a good way to start dealing with that.

E: also I just realized that the link to Customize Legendary Enemy Spawning in the OP is incorrect. This is the correct link: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/218

After trying out a few of the major packages I ended up going with Horizon, though it does weird things with Survival needs that I may need to correct, and it's hard going back to a perk tree with level requirements. But the others I tried were even more broken, and at least this way I can replace a bunch of other .esp's with just one.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Iron Rose posted:

CLES is awesomesocks, that plus WOTC, the raider and supermutant overhauls, plus modern weapons, plus all the new powerarmor, plus weaponsmith extended, I die, suddenly, often.
practically anything with a gun can one shot me.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I was gonna wait for whatever millenia releases, but weaponsmith extended looks good enough for me to bite the bullet. It says you need the crafting workbenches mod for the meshes, but i already have weapon, ammo, and armour benches from AWKCR, do I really still need crafting workbenches?

Edit: Oh, looks like I'd have to download a million other required weapon mods anyway, maybe I'll just keep waiting.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I have mixed feelings about that mod, they really mess with the balance to force you to upgrade and constantly swap out different receivers for your weapons and along with the many different ammo types you get the feeling a gun sperg is sucking the fun out of both the game AND mods.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Yeah, seems that way. Millennia is planning on releasing for fallout 4 right? They have a few work in progress images on the nexus but not a lot else.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Davoren posted:

Yeah, seems that way. Millennia is planning in releasing for fallout 4 right? They have a few work in progress images on the nexus but not a lot else.

Not sure but after I am done with my current character taking a long break for a few months before breaking out my BOS BURN THEM ALL rear end in a top hat before calling it for this game. Hopefully during that break somebody will make an alternative adding newer modded weapons into the games level lists!

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Is there a decent Xbox mod out there for dealing with key spam? I used KeyNuker but since it's incompatible with Nuka World my Misc tab is again overflowing with useless keys.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Milenia did a couple of releases, I think for the shotgun and somesuch.
Weaponsmith Extended is ok, and yeah, you need to dl a bunch of mods for their assets, but the going to page and downloading is cut by an amount, as they also have a bunch bundled into an assets pack, the rest have links on the page, so you dl them, and extract the assets from them all, 7zip them up and get whatever flavour of mod manager to install them you like, the only oddity I found was they use the janky, scratchmade version of "that gun", but thats
easily resolved by using the nicer meshes and telling it to use those meshes in xedit.

Hours later edit : HNNNNnnnnggh
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18534/

staberind fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 19, 2016

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Anyone know which mod it is that adds a fuel option to the mods for powered weapons (ripper, super sledge, etc)? Things like 'fuel injected', 'nitro' etc.
I ask because when I go in to mod a weapon that slot disappears and becomes unmoddable. But weapons spawn with that mod slot used, and when hovering over a weapon in the weapon bench list I can see the slot and what's in it. Presumably this is a mod conflict, and it'd be easier to sort out if I new what was doing it.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Here's an odd problem: I have def ui and VIS installed, and it works well, for the most part. I do have one issue, however, and it's duplicate weapon names for guns. It appears with both vanilla and mod weapons, and they'll be listed in the inventory as something like "10mm Pistol 10mm Pistol", or "Combat Shotgun Combat Shotgun". The weird thing is that only some weapons do this, others, like the Gauss Rifle, show up normally.

I suspect that I hosed up one of the billion or so options when installing either DEF_UI or VIS, but I'm not sure of the cause. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gonkish posted:

Here's an odd problem: I have def ui and VIS installed, and it works well, for the most part. I do have one issue, however, and it's duplicate weapon names for guns. It appears with both vanilla and mod weapons, and they'll be listed in the inventory as something like "10mm Pistol 10mm Pistol", or "Combat Shotgun Combat Shotgun". The weird thing is that only some weapons do this, others, like the Gauss Rifle, show up normally.

I suspect that I hosed up one of the billion or so options when installing either DEF_UI or VIS, but I'm not sure of the cause. Any ideas?

off the top of my head, open your load order in xedit, find a weapon that this happens to in fo4.esm and see what's affecting the name?
unless stuff is renamed with scripting I suppose,
I have a similar problem : everything I pick up is tagged "unyielding" and has extra tags of biocom mesh etc, plus has the inventory tag of a helmet.
I dont really care so much, but it bugs me too.

Edit: oh Wow : Hubologists, yup, I like this DLC so far.

staberind fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Sep 19, 2016