Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

spankmeister posted:

use fedora, op

EuphoriOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
I´m using my 8 year old laptop for a bit and the fonts on the forums are all hosed up. like pixelly or something, and some parts of the lines in the letters are thicker than others. its readable but annoying. All other sites look normal. I updated firefox, could it be Vista? idk poo poo

http://imgur.com/a/kQ1Ft
Like the text row under coffee ad here.

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 24, 2016

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Luigi Thirty posted:

is virtualbox finally not poo poo then or

it's less poo poo than it used to be

also because it's 1. free, 2. open source, and 3. multiplatform it has become the de facto standard for the industry

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Syncopated posted:

I´m using my 8 year old laptop for a bit and the fonts on the forums are all hosed up. like pixelly or something, and some parts of the lines in the letters are thicker than others. its readable but annoying. All other sites look normal. I updated firefox, could it be Vista? idk poo poo

http://imgur.com/a/kQ1Ft
Like the text row under coffee ad here.

turn on anti-aliasing

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Cocoa Crispies posted:

turn on anti-aliasing

thanks!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Luigi Thirty posted:

i broke an ubuntu installing vmware tools somehow

dont use vcenter vmtools anymore, use the one in the ubnub repos

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

graph posted:

dont use vcenter vmtools anymore, use the one in the ubnub repos
another thing about vmware is that you need to make sure that you tell vmware which distro you're using on the client. like the machine might not boot if you tell vmware it's a redhat 4/5/6/7 vm when you've actually installed arch

netwerk23
Aug 22, 2000
I spelled 'network' wrong.
Once a week I need to enter commands to five servers running CentOS vis SSH. Is there an easy way to launch all 5 sessions and only type the commands into one spot and have all five get them and execute them as if I was doing it to each individually?

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

netwerk23 posted:

Once a week I need to enter commands to five servers running CentOS vis SSH. Is there an easy way to launch all 5 sessions and only type the commands into one spot and have all five get them and execute them as if I was doing it to each individually?

Crtl+c, ctrl+v

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
is it possible to make a svg my iphone wallpaper using tims new ios version 10.0??

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

netwerk23 posted:

yes

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

netwerk23 posted:

Pssh does this. it also sounds like pshaw so you can learn a new word if your not from the south

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

netwerk23 posted:

cluster ssh

https://github.com/brockgr/csshx

./csshX ssh username@hostname[1-5]

your welcome

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
token response about how you should be using config management for servers

i don't use config management

evilcat
May 16, 2009

netwerk23 posted:

I believe Tentakel can do that once set up.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Perplx posted:

token response about how you should be using config management for servers

the what

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

graph posted:

the what

puppet/chef/ansible/salt/et cetera

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
if its weekly why dont you just set up a cron job? what are you doing every week?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Corla Plankun posted:

if its weekly why dont you just set up a cron job? what are you doing every week?
this is a great question

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer
Fabric is also very good for when you need to do a simple thing via ssh on a bunch of boxes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Corla Plankun posted:

uh don't automate away your job bro

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

cluster ssh

https://github.com/brockgr/csshx

./csshX ssh username@hostname[1-5]

your welcome

csshx is good. I built a thing tho that builds tmuxinator yaml's out of knife searches so you can just do

./tmucks "role:db AND environment:production_nyc1"

and boom it gets the list and panes it out (9 per window) and as many windows as it takes
was fun to write

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

mishaq posted:

if your job with servers doesn't include automation then you will at some point be replaced by automation

devops ain't a secret

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

mishaq posted:

write hobby programs in vim instead of doing menial labor and literally noone will know the difference unless you tell them

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

What do you do if your website is ddos'd??? asking for a friend

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Tweet

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7u0u3HQaAg

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how do i disable shuffle on music app for iosx?
i want my album to play in order but its not and theres no way to fix it. i should have never "upgraded" (heh) to iosx

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
nvm i figured it out. you have to scroll down even tho its not obvious that its scrollable

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

change IP addresses so they can't keep hammering you manually, sign up for and point your domain at cloudflare, try not to leak your IP so they can't hammer it directly

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

what's the best ios adblocker, is it still purify or w/e

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
i use the mozilla one, its very needs suiting

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Forums Terrorist posted:

what's the best ios adblocker, is it still purify or w/e
when i got an iphone early this year after having owned android phones for years i thought i'd need an adblocker. but i was wrong

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

ok so over the weekend i gained 13000 garbage twitter followers and now my phone runs like poo poo when im logged into the app. wtf

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

i am so angry at chrome. what is wrong with this program?! why is so expensive to run?!

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

WrenP-Complete posted:

i am so angry at chrome. what is wrong with this program?! why is so expensive to run?!

:chome:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

how hard is it to re-use batteries from old electronics (for example crappy flip phones, that kind of thing)? it would be cool to make mobile projects that didnt have to involve buying a shitload of batteries all the time

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Corla Plankun posted:

how hard is it to re-use batteries from old electronics (for example crappy flip phones, that kind of thing)? it would be cool to make mobile projects that didnt have to involve buying a shitload of batteries all the time

most batteries from devices like that are standard types, and guides to using them in projects will be available.

you'll have the easiest time doing it with old nokia batteries, because a lot of chinese knockoff devices of all sorts use that as a standard to this day

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

anthonypants posted:

when i got an iphone early this year after having owned android phones for years i thought i'd need an adblocker. but i was wrong

iphone ad blockers are not permitted to execute any code

they're just blocklists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Cat Face Joe posted:

ok so over the weekend i gained 13000 garbage twitter followers and now my phone runs like poo poo when im logged into the app. wtf

turn off background app refresh for twitter if its ios