Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Coleman was drafted in my league you scrubs :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Just got some more Tyrell Williams hype from Sleeperbot. Drop Torrey Smith/Bilal Powell, Marcus Wheaton, or Kevin White (3 different leagues) for him? I still like all those guys, even Torrey Smith (probably the one I'd drop first), so idk how high to rank these week 1 waiver wire pickups.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The hype was literally "we hope this replacement player does well" lol

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Fair enough. I just meant in addition to what else I've been hearing about him such as from Forever_Peace.

I really should have phrased it as a general question. Everyone's talking about waiver pickups, but besides the obvious injured players, who are you dropping? I still like the late-round guys I thought were undervalued a week ago. But I didn't watch all the games and may have missed something in the usage patterns. Is there anyone that's clearly dropped or seems much less likely to pan out? Not necessarily of the guys I listed.

SurgicalOntologist fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Sep 14, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

LmaoTheKid posted:

Coleman was drafted in my league you scrubs :smith:

It me I drafting all the colemans

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Torrey Smith shouldn't be rostered in any format ever for any reason. Ever.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

So now that Rawls is starting on Sunday, is it all aboard the Rawls train or are we still in wait and see mode with regards to workload and Russ' injury?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Fair enough. I just meant in addition to what else I've been hearing about him such as from Forever_Peace.

I really should have phrased it as a general question. Everyone's talking about waiver pickups, but besides the obvious injured players, who are you dropping? I still like the late-round guys I thought were undervalued a week ago. But I didn't watch all the games and may have missed something in the usage patterns. Is there anyone that's clearly dropped or seems much less likely to pan out? Not necessarily of the guys I listed.

This is the rotoworld drop list:

quote:

The Drop List
QB: Tyrod Taylor
RB: Charcandrick West, C.J. Spiller
WR: Kevin White, Kamar Aiken
TE: Zach Miller

QB/RBs are a bit of a no brainer, but I'm personally keeping Miller though because TE is loving bleak if you didn't take an early guy this year.

Of the guys you mentioned, I probably have no problem dropping Torrey Smith for Tyrell if I didn't need the bye-week production and wanted upside. I still want to believe in Kevin White (especially with a snap count like that!) but if push came to shove I could see an argument to slightly lean Tyrell in redraft, particularly in ppr. The quarterback is better and the opportunity is better (note: it is usually dumb to bet against the 1st rounder unless you have a good reason to, though).

I'd almost certainly keep Bilal. I'd decide Wheaton vs Tyrell based on team composition (Wheaton has the higher expected value but probably the lower upside).

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Santheb posted:

So now that Rawls is starting on Sunday, is it all aboard the Rawls train or are we still in wait and see mode with regards to workload and Russ' injury?

Well I started Rawls last week (oops) so maybe somebody else can take this one?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Thanks. Adding the rotoworld drop list to my weekly reads. Didn't know about that one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kevin White saw more snaps than Jeffery. He might not be doing much just yet, but clearly the Bears want him to be a thing since he was on the field for 98% of the offensive snaps.

Also I'm not dropping West until Charles and Ware both prove they can be healthy for more than the first couple weeks.

For people in FAAB leagues, what sort of money did Cadet go for? My ugly deep roster dynasty league doesn't do waivers until Thursday morning just to be different, so be nice to know what sort of bids people were doing

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Don't start either if you can.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Someone dropped John Brown this week, and thanks to my team making GBS threads it up I'm first on waivers. My real question: Is it worth picking up Wentz? I currently have Dak Prescott and Jameis Winston. Wentz is tempting, but he was playing the Browns.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Forever_Peace posted:

QB/RBs are a bit of a no brainer, but I'm personally keeping Miller though because TE is loving bleak if you didn't take an early guy this year.

I know Dwayne Allen was rated out of the top 10 and I think Julius Thomas was to. I was honestly surprised week 1 with how many outside the top 5 did. It's bleak if you're expecting Gronk, Olsen and Reed numbers constantly but 8-15 (PPR) seems a reasonable expectation for dudes that went way behind them last year. That's improvement to last years shitshow at TE.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So in my 12 team league the only QB I have on my roster is Tyrod. Would you consider any of the following an upgrade: Alex Smith, Osweiler, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick, Flacco, Cutler, Siemian?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Fitzpatrick, Flacco, that order.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I'm playing this sleeper matchup pick

Start: Sterling Shepherd vs NO
Sit: Jeremy Hill vs Pitt

I hope it works out

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

DEAR RICHARD posted:

I'm playing this sleeper matchup pick

Start: Sterling Shepherd vs NO
Sit: Jeremy Hill vs Pitt

I hope it works out

Don't think that's really a sleeper, majority of people here would probably recommend firing up Shepherd against the Saints over Hill.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I should drop Kamar Aiken for TWilliams (SD) in full ppr, right?

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

MrSargent posted:

I should drop Kamar Aiken for TWilliams (SD) in full ppr, right?

Yeah

smokyprogg
Apr 9, 2008

BROKEN DOWN!
MISSION FAILED
Someone in my league dropped DeVante Parker to waivers. Worth swapping out for Corey Coleman? (0 ppr/12 team, doing alright on WR's overall)

smokyprogg fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Sep 15, 2016

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Anyone else panicking about Devonta Freeman? Or just me?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

smokyprogg posted:

Someone in my league dropped DeVante Parker to waivers. Worth swapping out for Corey Coleman? (0 ppr/12 team, doing alright on WR's overall)

I have Parker and am hanging on to him.

Then again I just dropped Jameis Winston for Tyrell Williams (1 QB league and have Cam and awful WR depth - my league never trades)

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
My squad so far this season. 12 team .5ppr league and I've been shopping replacements for Keenan Allen. My gut tells me I'll be ok with Julio, Evans, Snead and Williams but what do you think? I'm a sucker for high volume WRs in any ppr format.

So far the offers I've received is Melvon Gordon for John Brown, or Tyrell Williams + Melvon Gordon for Landry.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Brownhat posted:

Someone dropped John Brown this week, and thanks to my team making GBS threads it up I'm first on waivers. My real question: Is it worth picking up Wentz? I currently have Dak Prescott and Jameis Winston. Wentz is tempting, but he was playing the Browns.

Is it 2qb? If not no don't pick up wentz and drop Prescott while you're at it.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Holy crap someone paid $75/200 FAAB for Tyrell Williams. Guess that was all a moot point (I bid $10). First time with FAAB; maybe $10 was conservative but no way was I outspending this guy.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Anyone else panicking about Devonta Freeman? Or just me?

I am. Made some room on my bench for Tevin Coleman in hopes that someone becomes lead back and I don't end up in hell.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

Holy crap someone paid $75/200 FAAB for Tyrell Williams. Guess that was all a moot point (I bid $10). First time with FAAB; maybe $10 was conservative but no way was I outspending this guy.

That's probably too much given the uncertainty with him, but if he does end up something like a low end WR2 or high end WR3, he's probably worth blowing 1/3 of your budget.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

IcePhoenix posted:

If you only start one QB then you have no reason to be holding on to three quarterbacks, and getting Woodhead for a QB that is on the waiver wire in a lot of 1 QB leagues (both of them are on the WW in one of my leagues, and Stafford is in the other one too) in ppr is straight up theft.

e: it also partially depends on the bonuses and general scoring settings too but from the info you gave I would have accepted that offer in a second

You get that this is dynasty, right? None of those QBs are on waivers. Hence why I am asking the question. I don't mind trading my young, cheap players for proven veteran talent. The last time I made that move, I traded Reed and Mariota for Lynch, on the recommendation of this thread because I don't need young guys who don't start. I hated the trade at the time, and hindsight only makes it worse.

If I am getting an RB2, I want to be sure I maximize my value. I just offered Stafford and Miller to the Hyde owner because his QB is garbage. Woodhead worries me because of his age and questionable usage going forward.

I don't mind moving Carr or Stafford. My question is which one is more valuable going forward? And what return should I look for from the other one. (I will trade the least valuable one)

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I am. Made some room on my bench for Tevin Coleman in hopes that someone becomes lead back and I don't end up in hell.

Tevin was taken in the draft in my league.....14 team leagues suck.

Charles Simms and Devonta Freeman are my RB's I'm in true RB hell.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Tevin was taken in the draft in my league.....14 team leagues suck.

Charles Simms and Devonta Freeman are my RB's I'm in true RB hell.

Coleman, Freeman, Chistine Michael, Rawls and Lacy.

You're in hell I'm a few levels down.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Coleman, Freeman, Chistine Michael, Rawls and Lacy.

You're in hell I'm a few levels down.

But your RB situation is better than his though.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

But your RB situation is better than his though.

Yeah, really sucks to have Lacy, Seattle RB, and Atlanta RB locked down, haha

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

You get that this is dynasty, right? None of those QBs are on waivers. Hence why I am asking the question. I don't mind trading my young, cheap players for proven veteran talent. The last time I made that move, I traded Reed and Mariota for Lynch, on the recommendation of this thread because I don't need young guys who don't start. I hated the trade at the time, and hindsight only makes it worse.

If I am getting an RB2, I want to be sure I maximize my value. I just offered Stafford and Miller to the Hyde owner because his QB is garbage. Woodhead worries me because of his age and questionable usage going forward.

I don't mind moving Carr or Stafford. My question is which one is more valuable going forward? And what return should I look for from the other one. (I will trade the least valuable one)

Yeah, not sure I'd do Carr or Stafford on cheap deals for a 30 year old midget, even one as cool as Woodhead. Also, I'm assuming that offer was Stafford + Braxton Miller? You'd be fleecing the other team, but if he's desperate for QB and there aren't many available, you might be close to pulling it off. Figure Stafford and Carr are each worth a late 1st to early 2nd, and a little more to a needy team. Probably your best bet will be to do what you're doing and package them with a decent WR or trendy flier (Tyrell Williams!) to try to grab someone with maybe some question marks but RB1 upside (Rawls, Hyde, Dougie, Forte, Charles, probably in that order in terms of value). Totally depends on your league, though, and how much they all buy into the "hoard young WRs and way devalue RBs over 28" strategy.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Spiros posted:

Fitzpatrick, Flacco, that order.

Fitz historically bombs against Rex Ryan teams.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Keep an eye towards the west. Jeremy Kerley was one overthrow away from hitting all the week 1 target lists.

Blaine Gabbert likes on the guy and he barely knew the playbook against what was supposed to be a draftable defense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Jeremy Kerley is the slot receiver in Chip Kelly's offense and there's the whole Chip Kelly's Slot Receiver Theory

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

How the DWill got its touchdown (crosspost).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah, not sure I'd do Carr or Stafford on cheap deals for a 30 year old midget, even one as cool as Woodhead. Also, I'm assuming that offer was Stafford + Braxton Miller? You'd be fleecing the other team, but if he's desperate for QB and there aren't many available, you might be close to pulling it off. Figure Stafford and Carr are each worth a late 1st to early 2nd, and a little more to a needy team. Probably your best bet will be to do what you're doing and package them with a decent WR or trendy flier (Tyrell Williams!) to try to grab someone with maybe some question marks but RB1 upside (Rawls, Hyde, Dougie, Forte, Charles, probably in that order in terms of value). Totally depends on your league, though, and how much they all buy into the "hoard young WRs and way devalue RBs over 28" strategy.

Zack Miller, which is more of a ripoff. The sad thing is the guy I am trying to get Hyde from only has him because I traded him to him in the first place. My league overvalues all its players.

If the Hyde thing gains no legs, what do you think of Decker/Crabtree and Woodhead for one of those QBs? Is that asking too much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Is anyone the commissioner of a myfantasyleague league? I have a settings question. On yahoo when FAAB processes the league can see what the winners and losers bid, is there a way to do this on mfl?

• Locked thread