Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I suppose that's one way of getting around pay for play weapons: you paid for the rep, not the gun! plus it's random so it doesn't matter!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It's lame but it's still less lame and you'd have to be dumb as hell to do it so I'm all for it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I won't get mad at silver until they release something non-cosmetic that can only be bought with money.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
last night I noticed that my OG Felwinter's Lie, Jolder's Hammer, and a HoW-era Efrideet's reroll-ready perk was gone and I couldn't reroll them at the gunsmith, unlike other HoW era guns. I'm totally okay with this since I don't actually need to reroll that stuff, but maybe there will be an iron weapon engram.

Who knows but that's my dumb speculation

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
There are going to be iron engrams yes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still waiting for a cosmetic that's $100 so people will know that I'm a Job Haver

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm still waiting for a cosmetic that's $100 so people will know that I'm a Job Haver

That's called "a perfectly rolled set of taken armor"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

haveblue posted:

That's called "a perfectly rolled set of taken armor"

Taken armor is the ugliest thing in the game though like whoa

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

There are going to be iron engrams yes

Oh yeah, but I actually went back and the text is specifically about original armor being available and not original weapons. Or I'm high, take your pick. The reason I'm interested is Efrideet's can snipe people out of supers etc.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Emron posted:

I won't get mad at silver until they release something non-cosmetic that can only be bought with money.

Am I the only one that likes cosmetics like ships, sparrows, shaders and emblems and wants to obtain them without spending real money? Emotes are fine, they're way too situational to get mad over.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Ularg posted:

Am I the only one that likes cosmetics like ships, sparrows, shaders and emblems and wants to obtain them without spending real money? Emotes are fine, they're way too situational to get mad over.

What do you mean?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Wait. So Jolder is a beautiful woman?. And probably by now has ben consumed by SIVA. Or maybe not and make a reappearance as a splicer human.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Tei posted:

Wait. So Jolder is a beautiful woman?. And probably by now has ben consumed by SIVA. Or maybe not and make a reappearance as a splicer human.

This is Bungie. I'd be surprised if the corrupted Iron Lords weren't raid bosses.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I got that idea from the launch trailer too, even though we saw Jolder in previous promotional footage as well.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ohrwurm posted:

who are you again

I wasn't being sarcastic. I loved team snipers in halo

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

el B posted:

What do you mean?

I just really like collecting and using cosmetics. Mainly skins. I love shaders and it would pain me if a bunch of shaders went $$-only. As for emotes, I just don't get as much use out of them as others do. I mainly just use a dance so I can view my character from the third person and admire my shader and armor.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Ularg posted:

I just really like collecting and using cosmetics. Mainly skins.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

The Meat Dimension posted:

Yeah I got that idea from the launch trailer too, even though we saw Jolder in previous promotional footage as well.

It's gonna be like that Court fight with the Wizards: you have to kill all of them within 20 seconds, they each drop a SIVA covered version of their weapon but you only have a chance for a drop from the one you kill. Many a raid group will break up over this.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Wondering if Shaxx has any involvement in ROI, which I would highly doubt. He and Saladin have beef but they both share the title of Lord so be he in it or not, I'm curious if any of that gets touched on.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Ularg posted:

No you're the only one who wants things for free. Why don't you eat a granola bar and go back to feeling the Bern, Trump 2016 :911:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Hey guys remember when this was the norm and pvp sucked?

http://i.imgur.com/bgycWix.gifv

now it is Cool and Good because I can choose if I want to play against somebody in the middle of the pacific on a cruise ship

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

cvnvcnv posted:

Wondering if Shaxx has any involvement in ROI, which I would highly doubt. He and Saladin have beef but they both share the title of Lord so be he in it or not, I'm curious if any of that gets touched on.

Shaxx is a Bronze Lord

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Do you guys still use the destiny companion app to organize the fun and games on xbone? I'm going to start playing again and downloaded the app but the group room we all used to talk in seems harder to find. Also, what happened to ODSG?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Pre ordered this poo poo let's go ground floor. What things are there to do that they've patched in or good preparation things for roi

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Shaxx is a poo poo Lord

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

FishBulb posted:

Did 2 CoE cards last night. Got 2 Queen's Choices.

I have still never received a Soulstealer's Claw

I wanna punch a deej

I've never gotten one or a doctrine. This game doesn't want me to have bullet hoses

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Bob NewSCART posted:

I've never gotten one or a doctrine. This game doesn't want me to have bullet hoses

Should hung on to that atheon's epilogue bud.

Or scooped up any of the billions of Arminius-D's that the gunsmith has offered over the last year.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

No you're the only one who wants things for free. Why don't you eat a granola bar and go back to feeling the Bern, Trump 2016 :911:

DAE remember when you unlocked skins through gameplay instead of credit cards? :v:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Paying money for video game horse armor? They'll never recover from that!!

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do you guys still use the destiny companion app to organize the fun and games on xbone? I'm going to start playing again and downloaded the app but the group room we all used to talk in seems harder to find. Also, what happened to ODSG?

Go add some people from the new spreadsheet in the OP and message moist turtleneck to get invited to the slack channel. It's very active.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Lol people crying over rep boosters. I use em all the time and i got stacks of em, a full taken int dis set up and I never spent a dime on treasure boxes. Tears over it are delicious. Cunts who need em to get gear would be poo poo at the game anyway.

Also I watched like 5 mins of the mlg stream lold that kjhovey is a big fat manbaby and then lold that everyone was using shotguns, got annoyed at loud americans yelling about the game. Could these cunts shut up for 5 seconds? Turned it off pretty quick and did something less painful like kick my pinky toe.

Derek gently caress head carrol sitting there with his smug "this is fine" face while literally everyone mained shotguns except three dudes who bottomed in every sense of the word using a fusion and snipers.
"Oh its just the game mode" get hosed there was like gently caress all primary use in the entire game. gently caress you cruicible devs.

New content looks cool even if the new pvp maps look like aids.

Edit:
Apparently the shaxx voice actor dude from walking dead said he recorded heaps of lines for the new stuff. So yeah expect shaxx bitching out saladin at some point. Also is saladin the optimus prime voice dude?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
"The great thing about sniper rifles is you can get that body shot, switch to your primary, and finish them off"

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

BlindSite posted:

Edit:
Also is saladin the optimus prime voice dude?

No.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

el B posted:

"The great thing about sniper rifles is you can get that body shot, switch to your primary, and finish them off"

Definitely the best way to play

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

So are eyasluna and finnalas peril the same besides FP having higher AA? My FP has rangefinder, rifled barrel and AA, though my eyasluna has an AA sight

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

actionjackson posted:

So are eyasluna and finnalas peril the same besides FP having higher AA? My FP has rangefinder, rifled barrel and AA, though my eyasluna has an AA sight

eyasluna looks like hawkmoon which is objectively the prettiest hand cannon

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

8th-snype posted:

eyasluna looks like hawkmoon which is objectively the prettiest hand cannon

Exactly. Also has higher base stability fwiw, and is (currently) easy to acquire.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 15, 2016

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
ciao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

Apparently the shaxx voice actor dude from walking dead said he recorded heaps of lines for the new stuff. So yeah expect shaxx bitching out saladin at some point. Also is saladin the optimus prime voice dude?

A+ scoop. Hype af for Lord dramaz.

• Locked thread