Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Brother Entropy posted:

it looks cute and charming + it's pushing the FF nostalgia hard, i don't think there's anything more specific than that

It looks like it's working the "wacky crossover" angle without crawling up its own rear end like Dissidia or KH, so I suppose that alone is worth the price of admission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nicho also has a lesbian taco/burrito place called rainbow burrito. it's good.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TurnipFritter posted:

It looks like it's working the "wacky crossover" angle without crawling up its own rear end like Dissidia or KH, so I suppose that alone is worth the price of admission.

Lol if you think that game's not crawling up its own rear end at some point

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Altus is reading my mind the trophy for getting a lover in P5 is named 最高の相棒(パートナー) Best Partners

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goddamn, your protagonist frigging BOOKS it while moving around in P5.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
He's a city boy now. He's got places to be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It looks like P5 may have a blanket ban on streaming? It seems like it at least.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

It looks like P5 may have a blanket ban on streaming? It seems like it at least.

On Native ps4, right? Because I see like 10 streams on twitch right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah good to know I'm streaming it when my copy comes in then

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Is there gonna be a separate P5 thread for people who are playing the Japanese version or are people just gonna talk about it in here?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tae posted:

On Native ps4, right? Because I see like 10 streams on twitch right now.

Yeah, on native PS4 obviously. I can stream using my capture card just fine.

Grozz Nuy posted:

Is there gonna be a separate P5 thread for people who are playing the Japanese version or are people just gonna talk about it in here?

I asked about it and people basically started making fun of people who wanted a separate thread so I assumed there was zero interest. v:shobon:v

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Sep 15, 2016

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
At some point people are going to get upset when major plot points in Persona 5 are being discussed, even if there's a retracted CIA document on the page.

I mean, 4chan has a massive spoiler image posted constantly and the Persona General has rips of all the animated cutscenes from pirated copies. Even those who haven't neccisaraly played but watched a stream will want to discuss it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You should make the thread anyway so I can stay unspoiled until Baal gets drunk and PMs them all to me

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
People are getting upset at the mere thought of spoilers before anyone's even gotten their hands on the game, yet no one is gonna shed a tear if this thread turns into a CIA Document over SMT4A, you loving babies.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I honestly don't care that much about spoilers, I got spoiled for P4 well ahead of its English release and it's still one of my favorite games. In fact if the story were to turn out to be complete dogshit and not worth caring about I'd rather know that ahead of time. But really I'm more interested in hearing about new gameplay features, Social Links and their benefits, how the new part-time jobs work, stuff like that. I just want to know if I have to look for another thread instead of just bookmarking this one.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm gonna post in this thread unless a mod or someone says something because there's no reason to make a thread right now, I'm assuming others are gonna do the same.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a video of a Persona awakening from 5 that was posted. Even without knowing Japanese, those things are going to be intense.

E: Wow taken down super fast from youtube.

It was Ryuji P5MC was being held down and the whole "I am thou, thou art I" voice goes through his head, but instead of a card floating down and talking about acceptance he writhes in pain and rips off a mask that formed on his face (and it looked like it ripped off skin.)

Dehry fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Sep 15, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

People are getting upset at the mere thought of spoilers before anyone's even gotten their hands on the game, yet no one is gonna shed a tear if this thread turns into a CIA Document over SMT4A, you loving babies.

Hey, I'm playing the game right now. :colbert:

Also a video of the initial Persona summoning if anyone wants to see.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkx59EQtZgg

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Imp atom how did you get your copy already, don't you live in the US?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Globalization baybee

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Baal posted:

Imp atom how did you get your copy already, don't you live in the US?

Digital version.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

please let me know which male character's swimsuit is a manly thong,

thank you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ImpAtom posted:

Digital version.

Ah right, I forgot that was an option even though I should know.

Also these cutscenes look really good, wow.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Okay I can see why people would hesitate to gain super powers if you had to do that to summon persona.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Even the evokers were less traumatic, and that was loving shooting yourself in the head.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yo I'll rip the mask off my face for ghost buddy let's go

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Even the image for raising your social stats is frigging stylish. :psyduck:

This game is like a goddamn master class in making everything look amazing on a limited budget.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

please let me know which male character's swimsuit is a manly thong,

thank you

I hope it's the phantom.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
"lets just talk about p5 in this thread"

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

"lets just talk about p5 in this thread"

Same but I'm fading in and my hair is also not that good.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Mad jealous of those playing Persona 5 already but I hope you enjoy yourselves and that the game is good

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats a big bridge remixes

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

the dude who made it did a hard rock version of it once

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

FF5 battle against Gilgamesh song. Gilgamesh is the character that most often cameos in games past FF5 and they've been including his song in a lot as a remix when it happens. It's been happening more often

It's also a cool rear end song

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dehry posted:

It was Ryuji P5MC was being held down and the whole "I am thou, thou art I" voice goes through his head, but instead of a card floating down and talking about acceptance he writhes in pain and rips off a mask that formed on his face (and it looked like it ripped off skin.)

I have that imagery in my head and it is so fitting with the games overall tone that we've been given thus far. God I can't wait for my import

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CTQw3M4V4

Ryuji's Persona scene, figure I'll just post anything I find cool since why not?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

FF5 battle against Gilgamesh song. Gilgamesh is the character that most often cameos in games past FF5 and they've been including his song in a lot as a remix when it happens. It's been happening more often

It's also a cool rear end song

Off the top of my head there's the original, the black mages remix, the ff14 remix, the ff12 remix, the record keeper remix (which also got used in mobius), and the ff13-2 remix

I know I'm missing like two probably as well

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Is it the same Gilgamesh from fate/

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_CTQw3M4V4

Ryuji's Persona scene, figure I'll just post anything I find cool since why not?

his name is captain kidd, can't the japanese spell anything right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Is it the same Gilgamesh from fate/

no. Only similarities are they both have a fetish for swords.