Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

v2vian man posted:

Given that writing about fantasy literally means you cannot be influential...

Scalia referenced Jack Bauer to justify defending torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

v2vian man posted:

Given that writing about fantasy literally means you cannot be influential...

[img-nfl-war-room-with-rotoworld-on-a-computer.jpg]

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/status/776174925832912896

huh

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Nice of them to @ him for no reason.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Nice of them to @ him for no reason.

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/Rand_Getlin/status/776194170012573696

all the shade

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

That accompanying photo is so perfect.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/09/skip-bayless-trent-dilfer-undisputed-colin-kaepernick-plantation-mentality

Skip Bayless... owns?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
skip finally enters Phase II

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Stopped clock.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Well now he only has to out crazy Shannon Sharpe and not Stephen A. Smith, so going forward he will start to make more sense.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

swickles posted:

Well now he only has to out crazy Shannon Sharpe and not Stephen A. Smith, so going forward he will start to make more sense.

Smith also did a segment where he pointed out of phony the whole anthem thing is. He brought up the fact the US paying the NFL is the only reason they are there at all.

Weird loving week.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

swickles posted:

plus imagine how nuclear he would have to go on the negative spectrum to get as much attention as this is going to get him. four words in to his prepared five minutes, sharpe would have knocked him unconscious

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/jasonlacanfora/status/775550556337299457

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/777609777048264705

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

lol he's not letting it go

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/777899812368756736

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/777905827805933568

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I don;t even really get whats going on

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I don;t even really get whats going on
I think
-Allbright took that screenshot for a "man this game sucks!" tweet
-La Canfora then tweeted that "an NFL exec" sent "this pic" [same pic] to him as a "man this game sucks!"
-Allbright suspects there is no exec and that La Canfora is basically retweeting him with some plausible deniability in a way that makes it look like it's "his" tweet.

STAKES PRETTY HIGH, obviously.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
JLC can't even break the news on his own tweets.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

pangstrom posted:

I think
-Allbright took that screenshot for a "man this game sucks!" tweet
-La Canfora then tweeted that "an NFL exec" sent "this pic" [same pic] to him as a "man this game sucks!"
-Allbright suspects there is no exec and that La Canfora is basically retweeting him with some plausible deniability in a way that makes it look like it's "his" tweet.

STAKES PRETTY HIGH, obviously.

yeah it's really petty but I hate La Canfora so it's also cool

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
The fact that it's so petty kind of makes La Canfora look even worse, really. "Hey I wish this tweet were mine and also I want to suggest that NFL execs casually hit me up"

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah sorry JLC is totally wrong. He loving did the twitter version of plagerizing which is these guys livelihood.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Allbright is being a humorless vindictive turd about it but because it's JLC I'm okay with it

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I don't know who either of these people are but I hope JLC takes the "hero protecting his definitely-not-imaginary source" route.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Where do I apply for this position, NFL Exec?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Chilichimp posted:

Where do I apply for this position, NFL Exec?

Submit your Twitter portfolio to hottakes at hotmail dot com

Nov 6, 2002

The slap fest continues.

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/benjamin-allbright-says-metadata-shows-cbs-jason-la-canfora-lied-stole-photo.html

META DATA

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ahahahahaha

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm glad this dude is being petty about this, LaCanfora is the biggest loving turd in sports media

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Lol at the military photo metadata tools and The Soldiers Creed

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

I'm glad this dude is being petty about this, LaCanfora is the biggest loving turd in sports media

Oh man, I definitely can't go there with you.

LaCanfora sucks really bad, but I mean, Darren Rovell, Jason Whitlock, Skip Bayless, Colin Cowherd would be my 1-4 punches and that's not even counting like Jay Mariotti who I don't think we can even call a sports media guy anymore.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
LaCanfora doesn't have any controversial takes like all those people, he is just a man with an idiot's face

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jay Mariotti blocked me on Twitter for just reporting the news. The news was that someone made his occupation wife beater on Wikipedia. I didn't @ him. He searched his name.

Such a sad little man.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The cards game had a 3 man booth and i was about dying from how bad it is. I hate it in baseball but I can kind of understand it because sometimes baseball is too boring and long for 2 people to fill the dead air with but in football there's a play every 40 seconds tops and sometimes you have to bring in pereira to explain something and there's times when the ref is speaking and you don't talk over him, etc. i don't think the color guys were actually dilfer level bad but there were 2 of them and they would talk over eachother and start to speak and say "no you go first" and it was just way worse than if you only had the worse of the 2 in the booth.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pron on VHS posted:

I was cheering for Albright until he dropped this turd in my morning coffee:

quote:

“I hate to mention this part because it seems self-aggrandizing, but I spent 15 years in the U.S. military, and part of the soldier’s creed is don’t lie, cheat, or steal, or tolerate anyone who does. Before getting into this industry, one of the things I thought about journalism as a whole and even sports journalism was that there was honesty to hold people’s feet to the fire. The longer I’m in this industry, the more I find out just how many scumbags are in it, people out to make a name for themselves who absolutely will lie about anything to get that. I don’t have respect for people like that.”

"I don't want to sound like a tool, but give me a second to strap a hammer to my head and plow into this poo poo anyway.":shrek:

Spoeank posted:

Jay Mariotti blocked me on Twitter for just reporting the news. The news was that someone made his occupation wife beater on Wikipedia. I didn't @ him. He searched his name.

Such a sad little man.

This is awesome.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate to mention this part because it seems self-aggrandizing, but I filled out my selective service form and when a recruiter showed up in my driveway I told him I am a gay pacifist.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

and he believed you

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I like that he called out his spelling too.

quote:

Instead, he lied and said it came from a NFL personnel exec, and misspelled personnel as personal.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Jason La Canfora sucks on a lot of levels. He pretends to be the world's biggest Orioles fan but in 2012 was tweeting about how he's loved the Red Sox for life.

He also legit tried to intimidate another reporter, like he's a loving tough guy. And finally, he's just really unprofessional, calling a guy he used to cover as a beat reporter and who has never been in trouble a turd.

In conclusion, gently caress Jason La Canfora and thank you for your attention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder what we'd think of history's greatest journalists if they had had Twitter.

• Locked thread