Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Souma's dish from the training arc, like god, get into my mouth roasted quail with eggs and rich risotto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I know this is kind of a weird thing, but I am mostly looking forward to hearing Shinomiya with a Kansai-ben, or whatever accent they stick him with.

Context:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 12, 2016

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I like this manga. It is a good manga and I like the characters in it.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Crasical posted:

:yeah:

E: Soma's kind of a sentimental person, isn't he? He's got a really good memory for specific moments that impact a lot of what he does later (his Omelette Risotto, cooking the frozen egg dish for Erina), and his attachment to the restaurants he's worked at (Yukihira's, Mitamura's) is a major influence on his dislike of the current regime.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Sep 12, 2016

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Crasical posted:

I like this manga, too. We should hang out and talk about why Alice is so cool.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
http://mangastream.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/183/3674/1 new chapter is out.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Jun got banished to the shadow realm and now Hayama needs Yugioh's help bringing her back, it all makes sense

Also these kids have no loving manners

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Well, there's one piece of the puzzle, the first book he takes a page out of is Hisako's. They came back a lot earlier from the mountains than I would've expected, there should still be two or so more days before the fight, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think my favorite part of this manga is when characters have their minds blown by completely mundane techniques and ingredients

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
First Mesquite, now Cajun Spice.

ANCIENT AND POWERFUL FLAVOR SECRETS OF THE WEST.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I'm not complaining. They pulled out bánh xèo for the karaage; that made the Vietnamese heritage part of me pretty happy, so I'll go along with anything they want to pull out afterwards.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
This manga dramatizes everything, you guys should be used to this by now.

Besides, it's aimed at Japanese boys. I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't hard of Cajun spice.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
It must have been shocking to learn that "blackened" doesn't mean burnt.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

i think my favorite part of this manga is when characters have their minds blown by completely mundane techniques and ingredients

It loving rules.

Anyway, i'm liking this bear battle. Even if it's still just the set up. It's reminding me a lot of how Soma would have to prepare for matches in the Autumn classic. It feels like a return to form.

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

this is me when I cook. shits good.

also cajun mustard and cajun pickles make sandwiches 3x better

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Crasical posted:

For what it's worth it's probably as exotic as Five Flavor berry, five spice and other East Asian things to us as mesquite and cajun seasoning is to them.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

How do I get a hold of bear meat.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

net work error posted:

How do I get a hold of bear meat.

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That was a good chapter but I'm getting really bored of everyone's clothes flying off all the time. Hopefully they go back to the old fun metaphors for the judging, at least.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

The fact this show doesn't have super deformed figures on the market is a cosmic wrong considering how often he uses that style in comedy :colbert:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Wait, loving seriously? That is *weird*.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

still waiting on that alice nendo...

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Wait, loving seriously? That is *weird*.

Yep, just scale figures of the main cast, with focus on sexiness outside of the obligatory Soma figure.

I'd loving kill for a Soma and Megumi nendoroid.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Davincie posted:

still waiting on that alice nendo...

There isn't even a Soma, Megumi, or Erin nendo, I don't even think Alice has a scale figure. You'd probably see Mito before her too.

Don't think we will get nendos due to licensing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

alice has a figure but its one of those terrible ones you win in gamehalls

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Davincie posted:

alice has a figure but its one of those terrible ones you win in gamehalls

Yuck. I like Alice too since she appeals to the gastro hipster in me while not being such a horrible person like Erina.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Aha! Found something, but as mentioned, they are lovely gachapon prizes.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Japan-Takara-Tomy-Food-Wars-Shokugeki-No-Soma-Set-of-4-Mini-PVC-Figures-/272323575045

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
"It's almost as if my senses are being gently caressed from within"

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

C-SPAN Caller posted:

There isn't even a Soma, Megumi, or Erin nendo, I don't even think Alice has a scale figure. You'd probably see Mito before her too.

Don't think we will get nendos due to licensing.

Actually, I saw a Mito scale fig, it's her dressed as the Meat General.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Crasical posted:

Wake me when they discover the mysterious American substance called Fluff.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Xelkelvos posted:

For what it's worth it's probably as exotic as Five Flavor berry, five spice and other East Asian things to us as mesquite and cajun seasoning is to them.

Exactly.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I'm super on the lookout for merch from this series (that's not Queen Erina or the Meat General) so if anyone comes across anything, non-lovely posters, figs, (a translation of that cookbook would be a godsend the contents are reasonable) I would love it if you'd post about it in the thread.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

My friend got me the Souma and Megumi ones because she knows what I'm about

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Compendium posted:

My friend got me the Souma and Megumi ones because she knows what I'm about

Do they sell the figures individually anywhere? Or is it just a set of 4?

E: I wonder if any of the other Drama CDs are up on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l4ESr0PdSQ

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Well, we both live on separate coasts, so they were flown over to me. Basically I wouldn't know, but at the very least they were sold individually.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I only buy SD figures anyways, the scale figures are always very clearly catered to people that want sexy instead of just cute. Not to mention they take up less space so don't make my shelves look cluttered.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
There's still two days or so left before the match with Hayama, right? How many chapters did the practice for Mimasaka's match end up getting?

E: Erina's VA put out a video on niconico saying she's ok and that the illness she has isn't life threatening, so that's some good news.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Sep 17, 2016

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
SHINO's today in the anime, Alice, Takumi and Hayama get a small appearance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Blank people silhouettes hint at not having enough budget, but I figured a good stopping point for this season would end with Soma rolling up at the front door. It now kind of seems like this was originally supposed to be a 12 ep season and they stretched the budget to get an extra in, maybe.