Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

FAROOQ posted:

Agreed on both points.

No-one cares about your weak trolling FAROOQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Data Graham posted:

Apparently people are trying diligently to get Wikipedia to reflect the new reality of Pepe.

And I have learned a little more about how frequently OS X updates its cache of Wikipedia articles.

lmao my avatar is freaking out about this article

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a really elaborate *chan false flag.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I've seen the white " That Feels" guy in more of that context than Pepe.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Don't tell this truck in NYC

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

You're the second person to mention this so I'd like to know more - got any accessible resources for this sort of thing for a person that can tolerate heavy math but not too much?

Like, I've tried to do DSP before using FFT but I never got it. Never had an epiphany about how it worked.

What the animation shows is that dick butt can be drawn by adding up a whole bunch of sines and cosines of varying frequencies. The Wikipedia for Discrete Fourier Transform is pretty good if you can keep up with the notation and verbiage.

If you're getting confused, go back to dick butt. Notice how each circle is spinning at a different rate? What the DFT does is, for each frequency, calculates the radius of the circle, as well as the starting angle of the red line.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

You got dongles for your loving phone now are you making GBS threads me???? Apple loving rosary jingle jangle dangle fuckin piece of crap bullshit.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

If you're getting confused, go back to dick butt.

I think it's about time for a new thread title isn't it?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Someone should loving build that thing, you know, with consecutive pieces of clockwork and hands and stuff. I bet it would look super impressive, like something out of da Vinci's crack pipe.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

If you're getting confused, go back to dick butt.

Dickbutt for Harambe

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Harambutt

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
Harambenis

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Harambeathe

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Cooking for Harambae

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

He seems like a pretty chill dude. All this Pepe being stolen by Nazi chat has got me feelin'

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Amazing

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Paladinus posted:

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a really elaborate *chan false flag.

Has anyone asked Clinton if she has stairs in her house?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

oh no he di'int

got fired from Snopes
Aug 28, 2014

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Excellente

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

loving spice :vince:

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
YESS post more trolley problem memes

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Never touch the lever in any of them that way you're not responsible for whatever happens. :colbert:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
:patriot:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

DontMockMySmock posted:

YESS post more trolley problem memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N_RZJUAQY4

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

PureRok posted:

Never touch the lever in any of them that way you're not responsible for whatever happens. :colbert:

It's a situation with no ethical outcome. Anything you do (or don't do in your case) is unethical. It's purely a matter of utility.

The only ethical thing any of us can truly do in life is post spicy/dank memes.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Scarf posted:

It's a situation with no ethical outcome. Anything you do (or don't do in your case) is unethical. It's purely a matter of utility.

I always figured the best answer was to pull a failed Batman and try to save both. That way the group that dies does so despite you doing what you could and the group that survives has no blood on their hands for being chosen over the other.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ah, the hidden third option, to detonate the stolen warhead aboard the trolley by derailing it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

remusclaw posted:

I always figured the best answer was to pull a failed Batman and try to save both. That way the group that dies does so despite you doing what you could and the group that survives has no blood on their hands for being chosen over the other.

Start beating the one posing the inescapable ethics riddle to death with a train lever. After every swing ask how many people are on each track. When there are zero on either track, you have your answer, and one fewer person posing such stupid questions.

If you can get five of 'em at once, do so.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
another Animal Cover

https://youtu.be/6MLeME9PieI?t=8

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
The winning move is to step in front of the trolley and finally stop existing in the same dumb earth that gave us the trolley dilemma

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Scarf posted:

The only ethical thing any of us can truly do in life is post spicy/dank memes.

No, you have to ask who the other dog would say is a good boy. God, it's like they've never had to solve a riddle before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
An important lesson on how the trolley conductor must feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6o1kM973Xo

• Locked thread