Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will have the better offseason?
This poll is closed.
Montreal 19 14.29%
Edmonton 65 48.87%
Vancouver 49 36.84%
Total: 133 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Levitate posted:

Dallas should trade for Nash anyways just in case Seguin's injury is worse than initially reported...

We'll take Honka in return and hell even Nichuschkin if you twist our arm about it

Sure! But you'll be retaining 80 percent salary and sending raanta and a pick back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
I'm willing to do it just to make it a three-headed Finnish goaltending monster.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Then we package all three for rask. Sweeney needs a veteran presence in net.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

JoelJoel posted:

Sure! But you'll be retaining 80 percent salary and sending raanta and a pick back.

ok

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Bodog cup odds:

quote:

Chi 9/1
Pit 9/1
TB 10/1
Wsh 10/1
Dal 12/1
StL 14/1
SJ 14/1
Ana 16/1
Fla 16/1
LA 16/1
Nsh 16/1
Bos 25/1
Det 25/1
Min 25/1
Mtl 25/1
NYI 25/1
NYR 25/1
Edm 33/1
Phi 33/1
Buf 50/1
Cgy 50/1
Col 50/1
NJ 50/1
Ott 50/1
Tor 50/1
Wpg 50/1
Ari 66/1
Car 66/1
CBJ 66/1
Van 66/1
There are people in Vancouver who legitimately feel like Benning is doing a good job haha. :smith:

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Dang, Florida has better odds than the Rags.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

yellowcar posted:

Dang, Florida has better odds than the Rags.

defense bad

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Chicago and the Blues are way too high and Nashville is really undervalued

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mike_V posted:

Chicago still riding the "saved hockey" bump.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
edmonton with the second best canadian team odds :eyepop:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

edmonton with the second best canadian team odds :eyepop:

I think they had identical odds last year. They still suck.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

flyers as bad as edmonton

checks out

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Betting odds are influenced by popularity too, aren't they?

This is Edmonton's year, after all. Just like last year, and the year before.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

RC Cola posted:

I'm hard

I can't wait for him to step on all of our necks

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Betting odds are influenced by popularity too, aren't they?

This is Edmonton's year, after all. Just like last year, and the year before.

This is their 'improved' defence:

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Davidson
Nurse-Fayne

:woof:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

This is their 'improved' defence:

Sekera-Larsson
Klefbom-Davidson
Nurse-Fayne

:woof:

jesus :stare:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Add in the downgrade from Hall to Lucic and on paper that team is hardly better than last season. They're all in on McDavid making the step to a 100pt season straight away.

Also that top 3 are all signed into the 2020s. If they don't work out... well the Oilers are stuck with them.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Sekera, Larsson and Klefbom is 3/4 of an ok top 4. Need a offensive puck mover still though

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Add in the downgrade from Hall to Lucic and on paper that team is hardly better than last season. They're all in on McDavid making the step to a 100pt season straight away.

Also that top 3 are all signed into the 2020s. If they don't work out... well the Oilers are stuck with them.

I know the Flyers' D is still largely a dumpster fire but at least there are some really promising up-and-comers. That though, jeez.

Unrelated, this is the splash page on the flyers website

[

I didn't look too closely at it and was picturing Giroux and Simmonds being the only ones on the ice vs. the Habs and it's a pretty fun picture.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Mike_V posted:

Agreed

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Brilliant strategy to schedule those for nights they're facing Canadian teams or the Coyotes. All but guarantees the ceremonies being capped off with a victory.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Nashville Dallas San Jose and maybe St Louis could make you some money.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Yaya posted:

Brilliant strategy to schedule those for nights they're facing Canadian teams or the Coyotes. All but guarantees the ceremonies being capped off with a victory.

maybe theyre planning on adding pronger to the flyers hall of fame when the yotes are in town

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I would rather take the Rangers, Islanders, Flyers, Wild, Sabres, and Devils at 3/2 than the Wings at 25/1

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

xzzy posted:

Chicago still riding the "saved hockey" bump.

Campbell will fix everything, just you wait...:negative:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yaya posted:

Well and aside from Montreal they're all against teams outside the Eastern Time Zone so a 7PM billed start that actually becomes more like an 8PM start probably works out well for everyone.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Nashville is going to wear those yellow/gold helmets for every home game this year.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I'd put 50 on Nashville those odds are great. It's not like they weren't close to going to the SCF

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Thufir posted:

Nashville is going to wear those yellow/gold helmets for every home game this year.

Awesome. So tired of blue/black/red. It's an epidemic in baseball, too.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Thufir posted:

:barf:

It wouldn't be as bad if the blue helmets didn't look so much better with the whole thing.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS

Thufir posted:

Gross. Yellow was severely underused in the NHL but it seems like they're trying to overcompensate now.

Give it a year or two and they'll copying the NFL's horrid color rush idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

LumpyGumby posted:

Give it a year or two and they'll copying the NFL's horrid color rush idea.

THey already did that a couple decades ago :v:

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

More teams should have extremely vulgar colour schemes from toe to tip. Need matching laces, piping, mouth guards and shield tinting too.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Team colored skates would be a windfall for equipment manufacturers. Suddenly every kid in Chicago gotta be wearing red skates with a blackhawks logo on the toe cap!

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Nope, still not as bad as the NFL.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I think you mean not as good as the NFL??? They should really look like foos ball men with numbers on em

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

ThinkTank posted:

Bodog cup odds:

There are people in Vancouver who legitimately feel like Benning is doing a good job haha. :smith:

i feel like those odds are unusually generous to vancouver

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DJExile posted:

THey already did that a couple decades ago :v:

The thing I remember most about Bill Burr's destruction of Philly is always

"Remember the season where the Flyers wore slacks?"

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

LumpyGumby posted:

Nope, still not as bad as the NFL.

Color Rush is actually good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I think both teams could wear their dark jerseys under some circumstances, black and white has been replaced by HD. Like in a Boston v Toronto game, or Detroit v LA, nobody is going to confuse the two. Of course NYR v Montreal, or Pittsburgh v Boston would be bad. I find it easier to read the players body language when there is more contrast with the ice.

Edit: Since we're on the subject, here is a years-old article I saved about teams in black jerseys getting more penalties.
http://www.npr.org/2012/04/26/151383136/power-dis-play-teams-in-black-draw-more-penalties

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Sep 15, 2016

• Locked thread