Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

God it's weird reading Steel Ball Run and then looking at older stuff, even the jump in art midish way through stone ocean just doesn't loving compare.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, no wonder you guys can't stop going on about how much you hate Jouuushuuuuuuu~

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When you nut but he keep screwin

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
He only had one screw,
but he had 2 x 2 'nuts'.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

NecroMonster posted:

God it's weird reading Steel Ball Run and then looking at older stuff, even the jump in art midish way through stone ocean just doesn't loving compare.

there is a gigantic jump in the art quality when SBR goes from weekly to monthly release and it is fantastic.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

When you nut but he keep screwin

That doesn't sound right but it just made me think of this stupid thing again so thanks for that.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh lordy the presidents stand, that would be crazy and powerful enough without the dupe protection, adding that in is basically a giant kick in the dick

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hm.

Hm.

EoH recreating the end of SC point for point sucks, along with a lot of other things it does. But that ending is ADORABLE.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Daxing Dan posted:

There's about six volumes' worth of chapters left to go. That means we're about 2/3 of the way through a new translation of Part 5 if you add in Jojo Project's translations.

Crap, i just started marathoning jojo's colored adventure because i was too impatient to wait for the anime, maybe i'll try and start part 6 whenever i hit the end of the part 5 translations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rodyle posted:

Hm.

Hm.

EoH recreating the end of SC point for point sucks, along with a lot of other things it does. But that ending is ADORABLE.

I don't know a whole lot about EoH but the DIO fight literally being the exact same thing seems so bizarrely uncreative. I thought this was actually written by Araki?

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Momomo posted:

I don't know a whole lot about EoH but the DIO fight literally being the exact same thing seems so bizarrely uncreative. I thought this was actually written by Araki?
I think he "oversaw" it, which in video game business means "Had lunch with the development team once and was shown some concept art"

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Momomo posted:

I thought this was actually written by Araki?

This is the second time this week I've heard someone mention it (a friend was joking about how Araki himself wrote it but some Jonathan lines contradict themselves).

I don't remember anything about Araki writing it just, like, approving the overall ideas I thought?? I could be extremely loving wrong as usual though

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Momomo posted:

I don't know a whole lot about EoH but the DIO fight literally being the exact same thing seems so bizarrely uncreative.

It's pretty terrible.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Momomo posted:

I liked the way D4C's mutual annihilation was a major factor in DIO losing

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I'm not going to read any more jojos ever because nothing is ever going to loving top that.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

DIEGO being a thing at all is kind of lame but MAN HE GOES OUT IN THE BEST WAY.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Steel Ball Run was loving fantastic from start to finish.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Part 7 is literature, Part 7 is art

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Rodyle posted:

DIEGO being a thing at all is kind of lame but MAN HE GOES OUT IN THE BEST WAY.

Diego owns. Diegowns.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

WrightOfWay posted:

Diego owns. Diegowns.

Diego does own, DIEGO doesn't so much.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's pronounced, DIegO

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

The President sure did get really god damned loving owned.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

i cant wait until i can buy an actual hardcover for part seven in 2045.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

also D4C is probably the best stand ever. It's both super cool and god damned wacky as hell.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's one of my favorite Stand designs for sure.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

four balled autist

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Actually loving DIO showing up at the last second as a final gently caress you gambit is extremely good, and the fact that Johnny personally can't tell when time is stopped(but his attacks can still move) adds a new twist to the fight

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

and so is lucy killing him

it was a jaw droppingly huge middle finger, a real nice callback for the readers, and it ended in the best loving way possible

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Oh I get it, Lucy was carrying the head of Dio!

She was pregnant with Jesus's head.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

WrightOfWay posted:

Diego owns. Diegowns.

https://youtu.be/HzGfI_j3Wyw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
One of these days I'm gonna look into making a jojo game in trad games and round up some folks to play it. I already have a basis for what the general plot would be as well as an idea for how I'd run it, but the biggest issue aside from laziness would be figuring out how to run it without it just being pure RP because I want it to be a pen & paper game for reasons.

If I ever go through with it, I hope some of the people in here will join in and have some fun.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lucy being the one who saves the day after an entire part of her being victimized was loving great.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Lucy presenting Diego's head is some of the tightest poo poo in a part full of some goddamn good poo poo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

My favorite part of SBR is Diego vs Funny. There's something to be said for winning by running yourself over with a train.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The way gyro won during catch the rainbow was pretty badass

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Diego more than DIO

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Diego>Dio>DIO>DIEGO

Part 3 Dio is so much less hilarious than Part 1 DIo.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
Trolling Polnareff and Hol Horse with Time Stop was good, though. There should've been more of that.

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

One of these days I'm gonna look into making a jojo game in trad games and round up some folks to play it. I already have a basis for what the general plot would be as well as an idea for how I'd run it, but the biggest issue aside from laziness would be figuring out how to run it without it just being pure RP because I want it to be a pen & paper game for reasons.

What have you figured out? I'm also probably going to play jojo-pnp with my buddies at some point, so hearing about someone else's implementation could help a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mugticket posted:

What have you figured out? I'm also probably going to play jojo-pnp with my buddies at some point, so hearing about someone else's implementation could help a lot.

Well for one, I've got a solid setup for a way to get a bunch of stand users all in one place to fight each other, and I also know that I'd let people create their own characters but explicitly forbid them from creating their stands since I'd make a small pool of stands and then assign them based on how I think they'd fit with any individual player. A big part of jjba is how a character is given X power and has to use X to do Y, while under attack by Z, where Z can seemingly murder them or neutralize X or prevent X from doing Y entirely, so by assigning a stand to a player, I would hope to force them to try to come up with uses for their powers and let them try to bullshit me on how they've got everything in the bag, that they've set up a plan to win using the limited tools I've given them.