Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
QB: M Ryan
RB: L. Bell, T. Rawls, J. Langford, S. Ware, I. Crowell, G. Bernard, C. Michael
WR: D. Hopkins, A. Cooper, M. Jones, M. Wallace
TE: Pitta

Drop CMike for Eli Rogers? 12 team, .5 ppr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
And if Rawls goes down again what will you do?

Don't go chasing waterfalls.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Freeman almost slipped to the 4th round in my main league. We smart.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

89 posted:

Freeman almost slipped to the 4th round in my main league. We smart.

Yea I was just checking when I got him and it was last pick of the 3rd so I dont feel quite as bad. I know I didnt like him at all prior to draft and dont own him anywhere else but felt the value was about right there. Still wrong

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Personally, I like to follow the trends of who started hot the year before and if they dropped off big time the second half of the season or not. Freeman obviously plumented, so I wasn't gonna touch him unless he went 4th or 5th (aka, crazy).

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

Should I pick up Coleman or Sims? My RBs are currently a mess. I have David Johnson, Rawls, Michael, White, Ivory, and Richard. I want to drop Michael for someone.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Frank Eufemia posted:

Should I pick up Coleman or Sims? My RBs are currently a mess. I have David Johnson, Rawls, Michael, White, Ivory, and Richard. I want to drop Michael for someone.

I think I'd rather drop White and Richard for both Sims and Coleman. Just more upside.

I would hold Michael while Rawls is coming off injury

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
12-team, standard scoring.

Dropped Rob Kelley for Terrance West on waivers this morning but have some long-term (not Week 2) questions.

Who's the better hold: Terrance West or Kenneth Dixon?

I'm have Antonio Brown, Larry Fitzgerald, Stefon Diggs, and Alshon Jeffery. Is it worth adding Tajae Sharpe to the mix?

At QB I have Russell Wilson and Tannehill. Is this Wentz guy worth a consideration?

And at TE, should I consider picking up Jesse James and dropping Delanie Walker?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Sataere posted:

Zack Miller, which is more of a ripoff. The sad thing is the guy I am trying to get Hyde from only has him because I traded him to him in the first place. My league overvalues all its players.

If the Hyde thing gains no legs, what do you think of Decker/Crabtree and Woodhead for one of those QBs? Is that asking too much?

Crabtree and Woodhead would be a starting point, though yeah you might have to give up a tiny bit more than just the QB. Throw in a 2017 3rd or something? I mean, you definitely don't need all of those QBs, so even if you do just go for Woodhead, that's not the worst thing for you. You're not losing that much on it and you'd be trading depth where you don't need it for a decent 1-2 year (at least) starter.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

RVProfootballer posted:

Not sure whether it'll make sense in the end, but you need to get him to take a WR (probably DJax), not an RB. Shouldn't be that hard a sell because his WRs are almost as bad as his RBs.

Yeah that was the other angle I was looking at. gently caress it, I'll start there. I wish I had a genuine RB3 on my roster right now. I have a 1, a 2 in Langford, who knows with Coleman, and then some lotto tickets. I dropped Forsett after he got cut, he would have been perfect. Oh well. Thank you.

Here's another trade idea:

Frank Gore and Kevin White

DeSean Jackson and Kamar Aiken

I'd be getting Gore and White. The team with Gore claims to be too strong at RB and weak at WR. I don't know if I agree with him but thats what he says.

I guess to keep talking myself into it, I'm not wild about Gore but if nothing else he's a starting RB who would be fine for bye week replacement if he stays healthy. I like White's upside a lot and he could be huge if Alshon gets dinged up. Kamar Aiken is trash I'd throw in to make it look better and I can get by without DeSean Jackson.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Sep 15, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Would you guys consider it collusion to offer a trade that's contingent on you not using a specific player that week? I want to trade Brady for Marvin Jones but the person who has Jones is playing me this week.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Would you guys consider it collusion to offer a trade that's contingent on you not using a specific player that week? I want to trade Brady for Marvin Jones but the person who has Jones is playing me this week.

Like he will only agree to the trade if you bench Jones this week? I'd say that's collusion. After the trade he's your player, and you can do whatever you like with him.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Do it on Sunday so it processes the next day or whatever. He's basically saying he'll make the trade next week, right? Nothing weird or sketchy about that. It's not like he'd be playing Brady either, so he's fine waiting. Or do it now and sit Jones. That's your decision. If you'd be willing to sit Jones for a week, you're both looking at the trade as a rest of season decision, not a one week quick fix. If you're willing to sit him and it gets the trade done, I don't think that's collusion. The alternative is you don't make the trade and you STILL don't get to play either player this week.

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 15, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah 100% collusion, not even a gray area for me.

You two are meant to be competing this week, but if by mutual secret agreement you are not competing in good faith (and are only giving the appearance of good-faith competition), that's pretty much the definition of collusion.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah 100% collusion, not even a gray area for me.

You two are meant to be competing this week, but if by mutual secret agreement you are not competing in good faith (and are only giving the appearance of good-faith competition), that's pretty much the definition of collusion.

This.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Is this a fair trade in a .5 PPR with 2 flex spots

Give Theo Riddick
Receive Alan Hurns

My RBs
Martin
Miller
DMurray
Forte
McCoy
Simms
Crowell
Riddick

My WRs
DThomas
Cobb
Tyrell Williams

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's actually a she, and she said she would be open to trading Jones next week. I am the one contemplating making the offer, since it means that I avoid the risk of Jones exploding and I also have the benefit of not facing him this week.

I don't consider it collusion since it's essentially no different than waiting a week and neither of us get an unfair advantage. That said it definitely feels like a gray area (and the disparity of responses suggests I am not alone) which is why I am here.

I consider collusion to be a conspiracy intended to cheat others. For example offering an unfair trade to take down a player, or merging teams with the intent of splitting the winnings.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I consider collusion to be a conspiracy intended to cheat others. For example offering an unfair trade to take down a player, or merging teams with the intent of splitting the winnings.

That's what I think too.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's actually a she, and she said she would be open to trading Jones next week. I am the one contemplating making the offer, since it means that I avoid the risk of Jones exploding and I also have the benefit of not facing him this week.

I don't consider it collusion since it's essentially no different than waiting a week and neither of us get an unfair advantage. That said it definitely feels like a gray area (and the disparity of responses suggests I am not alone) which is why I am here.

I think just waiting til next week to make the trade rescues it from being collusion or even gray area. In exchange for not facing them this week, you run the risk of having to pay a higher price next week, of course.

As for definition of collusion, doing something like trading players to deal with bye weeks, then trading the players back afterwards, usually is considered collusion, and does not feel that different from what you're thinking about doing.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

My league has had a couple trades like this, but the owners making the trade listed the condition in the notes section. As long as you make the league aware of the conditions I think it's fine, but waiting until next week is probably the best idea if you want to avoid gray areas.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

BigFactory posted:

Do it on Sunday so it processes the next day or whatever. He's basically saying he'll make the trade next week, right? Nothing weird or sketchy about that. It's not like he'd be playing Brady either, so he's fine waiting. Or do it now and sit Jones. That's your decision. If you'd be willing to sit Jones for a week, you're both looking at the trade as a rest of season decision, not a one week quick fix. If you're willing to sit him and it gets the trade done, I don't think that's collusion. The alternative is you don't make the trade and you STILL don't get to play either player this week.

Yeah seriously, just do this. No moral ambiguity, and the exact same outcome.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RVProfootballer posted:

Crabtree and Woodhead would be a starting point, though yeah you might have to give up a tiny bit more than just the QB. Throw in a 2017 3rd or something? I mean, you definitely don't need all of those QBs, so even if you do just go for Woodhead, that's not the worst thing for you. You're not losing that much on it and you'd be trading depth where you don't need it for a decent 1-2 year (at least) starter.

It is an auction league, so no picks. You pretty much have my line of thinking down with this. My team is very young and cheap, which is the main reason I am hesitant to pull the trigger.

I have Dion Lewis on IR, I have Devonte Booker, DeAndre Washington and Paul Perkins on super cheap contracts and my RB2 is Jeremy Hill. (RB1 Lamar Miller) I scored the most points in the league this week and feel if I wait, a better RB2 will emerge from my own roster. Stafford and Carr are both going to be good this year and if I move them now, I think I am selling low.

With that info, just waiting is the better choice, right? I mean if I can't get Crabtree or Decker from him.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Is anyone the commissioner of a myfantasyleague league? I have a settings question. On yahoo when FAAB processes the league can see what the winners and losers bid, is there a way to do this on mfl?

I'm going to quote myself and hope someone has an answer to this. Think it got missed over as a bottom page post.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm going to quote myself and hope someone has an answer to this. Think it got missed over as a bottom page post.

I commish a league on MFL, and I don't think you can do this based on the time I've spent trying to tinker with the FAAB system. Best recommendation is to submit a ticket to their help center and ask.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

I commish a league on MFL, and I don't think you can do this based on the time I've spent trying to tinker with the FAAB system. Best recommendation is to submit a ticket to their help center and ask.

Thanks I poked around for like an hour last night looking for it. Should have submitted a ticket then.

Good news is I did rearrange and modify the look of several tabs and I think our leagues pages flow a bit better now!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Beer's situation isn't collusion as long as it's a known contingency of the trade you dweebs

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Any suggestions for streaming defenses?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

dxt posted:

Philly or Baltimore.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Or the Jets tonight if they're available.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

dxt posted:

Detroit v Ten
Baltimore @ Cle
Jax @ SD maybe
Indy @ Den is probably pushing it
Pit v Cincy in the rain maybe

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

BigFactory posted:

Detroit v Ten
Baltimore @ Cle
Jax @ SD maybe
Pit v Cincy in the rain maybe

:stare:

Holy moly.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

BigFactory posted:

Other suggestions are good but do not do this.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Forever_Peace posted:

Other suggestions are good but do not do this.

Yeah Indy is trash. Anderson will stomp them. Bad advice, sorry.

OK more trade questions:

My D.Jackson + K.Aiken for F.Gore + K.White got shot down and the counter offer is just Jackson for Gore straight up.

I'm less enthused, but thinking. At least he's interested in Jackson. His other RB's that I could target might be Theo Riddick, Arian Foster, or Rashad Jennings. No real interest in Foster or Jennings, and he might not bite on Riddick after last week. But if I could do either trade, what's better, Riddick for Jackson or Gore for Jackson?

BigFactory fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Sep 15, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I have Cincy's Def and the only waiver options are dsts for the Packers, Bills, Raiders, Jags, Lions.

Should I chase any of these or stand pat? (It's a 10 team 25 man dynasty roster so most people have two dsts. I don't)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

MacheteZombie posted:

I have Cincy's Def and the only waiver options are dsts for the Packers, Bills, Raiders, Jags, Lions.

Should I chase any of these or stand pat? (It's a 10 team 25 man dynasty roster so most people have two dsts. I don't)

I might like GB and DET better this week? There's a chance of thunderstorms in Pittsburgh though, so that game could be sloppy and low scoring.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
1 PPR, would you rather have Ingram/Cobb or CJA/Moncrief?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Cervixalot posted:

Hey they answered my ticket already:

Julie on MFL posted:

To allow owners to view the same previously processed waivers report that appears under the For Commissioner you will need to enable this setting in the For Commissioner > Setup > <http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=66241&O=93> Abilities Setup. Check the boxes for each owner to be able to view this report and the report will then appear in the Reports > Franchise > <http://www03.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=66241&O=76> Previously Processed Waivers.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Having trouble picking a flex:

Arian Foster
Jeremy Hill
Stefon Diggs
Michael Floyd
Nelson Agholor

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

^burtle posted:

Having trouble picking a flex:

Arian Foster
Jeremy Hill
Stefon Diggs
Michael Floyd
Nelson Agholor

Here you go sir: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3790088&pagenumber=2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

My bad, apologies!

• Locked thread