Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zore posted:

Hitmons are cool and distinct visually and not Bert and Ernie in a kid's karate outfit.

Distinct only because they look like such crap compared to any other pokemon. They look like rejected DQ monsters.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Uh, have you seen Faticate?

Faticate is cute and already miles ahead of Raticate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Crosspeice posted:

To be fair, this is a trailer ripped from a stream, so it has a really bad framerate. Until it's put onto Youtube by TV Tokyo, you can find the clean trailer here

Even with that though there's a mix of art styles. Pikachu's mostly on model and most of the pokemon look decent, but Ash looks weird as hell and... wrong even next to the other human characters. Like his mouth is super big and exaggerated, and his limbs are all weird and floppy, while everyone else mostly looks normal?

Its weird.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

oddium posted:

pokemon should have a chance to evolve every level, which increases every level until evolution is guaranteed. also trade evos are gone

this and let them evolve mid-battle, so you can have dramatic anime comebacks when your pokemon evolves at just the right moment to save your rear end

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nth Doctor posted:

This here is a PhD thesis in good opinions.

Thank you for recognizing that I am the Pokemon Master.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I was thinking about that poll that said that the fire monkey was the least popular Pokeman ever.
There's no way more people think the Gen 3 lighting bugs are better than that monkey, even if it literally has a poop-shaped head. Is it because of his :gay:-reminiscent hand gestures?

Also Diggersby is cool because he helped fulfill my childhood dream of battling alongside Homer Simpson.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Diggersby is slightly pimpish.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zore posted:

Even with that though there's a mix of art styles. Pikachu's mostly on model and most of the pokemon look decent, but Ash looks weird as hell and... wrong even next to the other human characters. Like his mouth is super big and exaggerated, and his limbs are all weird and floppy, while everyone else mostly looks normal?

Its weird.

They're channeling that old Medabots show to me.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
The Gen 5-7 rodents have been painting a rich narrative

Patrat and Watchog are the police
Diggersby are the underground big pimps
Gumshoos are the detectives bringing them to justice
Alolan Rattata and Raticate are the underground underlings and divisionary bosses respectively
Bunnelby and Yungoos are too pure and have yet to be tainted by the vermin crime wars

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's very cartoonish and I quite like the style.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Me too

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Alolan Rattata and Raticate are the underground underlings and divisionary bosses respectively
Bunnelby and Yungoos are too pure and have yet to be tainted by the vermin crime wars

Please don't leak the Detective Pikachu movie script.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Geostomp posted:

So since Alola has no league, what is he going to do there? Is it like a school or something?

Yep.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

What about earlier additions to the varmit world like Bidoof, Sentret, or Zigzagoon?

Well, that's a change.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Geostomp posted:

What about earlier additions to the varmit world like Bidoof, Sentret, or Zigzagoon?

Those are excluded because they don't have a say in the crime wars

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Those are excluded because they don't have a say in the crime wars

Sentret are the lookouts.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Zubat and Crobat are great but I hate the design of Golbat.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Geostomp posted:

I really would like to see what passes for peer review in the Pokemon world that allows dex entries to get published. Especially in matters of size and weight numbers.

The vast majority of Pokémon researchers are literal 10 year old children

What were the three monkeys' names and I hope it was Chimpansear, Chimpantree and Chimpansea

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Flat colors and more fluid animation? Heck yeah.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Calaveron posted:

The vast majority of Pokémon researchers are literal 10 year old children

What were the three monkeys' names and I hope it was Chimpansear, Chimpantree and Chimpansea

Pansear, Panpour, and Pansage. They evolve into Simisear, Simipour, and Simisage respectively with fire, water, and leaf stones. They are absolutely everywhere in Unova and aren't very good in looks or battle so no one likes them.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Geostomp posted:

Pansear, Panpour, and Pansage. They evolve into Simisear, Simipour, and Simisage respectively with fire, water, and leaf stones. They are absolutely everywhere in Unova and aren't very good in looks or battle so no one likes them.

Simipour is alright in battle and Simisage looks cool, but there's nothing good about Simisear. That's why it's the least popular pokemon.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Dunban posted:

Well, the anime had a good run in Kalos, but nothing lasts forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvpradB0SQ8

Ash looks like he's getting younger.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Simisage has a cool pompadour. Simisage is alright.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Nessa posted:

Agreed. Gen 5 is overall, the strongest gen in the series.

It's impossible to make a Pokemon game with 100% great designs, because a lot of it comes down to taste. You might not like Trubbish, but someone else finds it charming. It's okay to not love every single design because they weren't all designed for you.

However, if you can't find it in your heart to love:

Chandelure
Cincinno
Whimsicott
Lilligant
Scolipede
Leavanny
Golurk
Hydreigon
Volcarona
Reuniclus
Braviary
Cofagrigus
Eelektross

Then you're really missing out.

Definitely agreed, but you forgot my personal favorite from Gen V, my best bud Archeops.

Also Joltik.

And Scraggy. Oh poo poo. And Sandile! And don't forget Blitzle, the electric horse to Ponyta's fire horse!

drat, Gen V had some amazing Pokemon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
One thing I really hope going forward is that Fossil pokemon are more available.

Its going to be total bullshit if I can't use my good buddies Tyrantrum, Archeops, Omastar, Kabutops, and Armaldo in a main game ever again.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
every crime war needs a few innocent civilians, next game will contain a 30 minute cut-scene of a bidoof crying over his mother being shot in the cross-over of a gang shoot-out

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zore posted:

One thing I really hope going forward is that Fossil pokemon are more available.

Its going to be total bullshit if I can't use my good buddies Tyrantrum, Archeops, Omastar, Kabutops, and Armaldo in a main game ever again.

That's what Pokémon Bank was made for. Putting your friends on ransom.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm digging the style in the anime trailer. It kinds of reminds me of one of the Digimon movies.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Rudoku posted:

That's what Pokémon Bank was made for. Putting your friends on ransom.

That only works if the daycare is early on. I do not use pokemon with a different OT in game, that's basically cheating :colbert:

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
The Sun Moon series looks like a Miyazaki film and Team Rocket has a Bewear and Mimmikyu. Sign me the gently caress up.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Not a Pukumuku? Ah well can't win them all.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Geostomp posted:

simipour is very cute

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Simisear helped take out the fairy gym for me so he's alright.

Wish his hair was cooler though.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Shneak posted:

The Sun Moon series looks like a Miyazaki film and Team Rocket has a Bewear and Mimmikyu. Sign me the gently caress up.

Right now I'm more concerned about how XYZ is going to end with them only having two to three episodes before Sun-Moon.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The SM anime starts in November, so there's about 5 episodes left of XY, as it's gonna be on break for the next three weeks.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

Right now I'm more concerned about how XYZ is going to end with them only having two to three episodes before Sun-Moon.

i'm very concerned about how the children's cartoon show will wrap up too, what if the writing suffers :ohdear:

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
e: disregard

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dunban posted:

Well, the anime had a good run in Kalos, but nothing lasts forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvpradB0SQ8

Japanese folks seem to believe that Lillie is voiced by Hisako Kanemoto

aka the voice actor for

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

I like this, but can't square Gumshoos' role with the fact that Yungoos is obviously a villainous businessman from the 80's.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

Yungoos is actually Gumshoos' rambunctious and slightly more chaotic partner, letting him serve as a contrast to Gumshoos' laidback personality ala Sam & Max

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
Wow lots of bad onions I'm seeing!

Elfgames posted:

yeah they need such great designs such as: Ball (guess which one i mean)

Also I've never understood this argument. Simple design =/= bad design. They are pretty much pokeballs with eyes which makes no sense in like, lore. Like what are the odds? But in terms of just design they're pretty unique and interesting I think.

This is opposed to say, a key ring which is about as unique and interesting as a key ring.

Space T Rex fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 15, 2016