Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

All leaders are naked and everything they say is punctuated with a ";)"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons :wink:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

AlphaKretin posted:

Our words are backed with nuclear weapons :wink:

I am imaging actual world leaders talking like they do in civ.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

At least one world leader by now must have surely played Civ and used that expression.

Like at Davos or the G20 meeting or something.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Linked cause huge:

Civilization VI Strategic View: Earth

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

That's not official but fanfiction right? (Even as such I'd like to see it larger actually)

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/52ob6z/civilization_vi_strategic_view_earth/

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

There had better be some decent, easy to use filters in this strategic view. I want a "show me all the coal on the map you fucker" filter.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

SirTagz posted:

That's not official but fanfiction right? (Even as such I'd like to see it larger actually)

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/52ob6z/civilization_vi_strategic_view_earth/

Yeah sorry, it's just some guys concept art basically

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
First Look: Greece!

Just Pericles in this one.

Leader UA- Surrounded by Glory: Gets a 5% bonus to Culture for each City-State he is Suzerain to.

Civ UA- Plato's Republic: Gets an extra Wildcard slot.

Civ UU- Hoplite: Gets a bonus for being adjacent to another Hoplite.

Civ UD- Acropolis: Replaces the Theater District. Gets higher Cultural adjacency bonuses for Districts, especially the City Center. It must be built on a Hill.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Sep 14, 2016

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Maybe Old Man Pericles is more historical, but I'm gonna miss Sexy Pericles from Civ IV.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Hogama posted:

Civ UU- Hoplite: Gets a bonus for being adjacent to another Hoplite.
Hexes are worse than squares because it's gimping this bonus! You can only fit 6 hoplites around one instead of 8! :v:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Poil posted:

Hexes are worse than squares because it's gimping this bonus! You can only fit 6 hoplites around one instead of 8! :v:

Hey, worked for Supremacy civs pretty well in Beyond Earth.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
Why is his helmet on top of his head

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

webmeister posted:

head is where helmet go

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

webmeister posted:

He's athenian. They're all nerds.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

"Sid Meier's Civilization Six" is like half a tongue twister

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

What about Gorgo, wasn't she in that leaked image and list of the civs they accidentally opened on the stream?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

mitochondritom posted:

What about Gorgo, wasn't she in that leaked image and list of the civs they accidentally opened on the stream?

She's a surprise announcement for later.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

mitochondritom posted:

Prepare for a Second Look at Greece.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Senerio posted:

She's a surprise announcement for later.

Its not a surprise if you saw Ed Beach open the Civopedia :allears:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Speaking of, does anyone have a link to that? Never got to see it because I was close to my data cap and now that it's open I can't find it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Senerio posted:

Speaking of, does anyone have a link to that? Never got to see it because I was close to my data cap and now that it's open I can't find it.

Firaxis Aug. 18 Livestream
The Civiliopedia moment is like 51 minutes in.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hogama posted:

Firaxis Aug. 18 Livestream
The Civiliopedia moment is like 51 minutes in.

"yep"

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

Unrestricted leaders could potentially give Frederick Barbarossa of Greece, for two extra policy slots. If that were to be a thing.

Gwaint
Oct 22, 2010

"Music is the truth. Just listen..."
I'm glad to see Greece with these kind of bonuses. I never enjoyed playing as them in Civ 5 for some reason. I'm a peaceful diplomatic culture player so you'd THINK I'd enjoy playing as them, but... no. Something about the bonuses they got just never felt all that fun to play, and of course, Alexander was a massive jerk. I don't often go to war, but if I ran into him I would strongly reconsider just because he was such a pain in the rear end.

This Greece, however... I love their extra wildcard policy slot, that's going to make them incredibly flexible, and their unique district will really help them pack a punch culturewise. Plus, Pericles looks like he'll be more fun to talk to than Alexander, at any rate.

Yep, I get the feeling Greece will be one of my more favoured civs to play!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Man it's more awkward than I remember it being. He literally cuts off mid sentence while the other guy is waving his hand to get Ed to notice what's happening.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

"Sid Meier's Civilization Six" is like half a tongue twister

Sid's Sixth Civ

Smiling Knight
May 31, 2011

webmeister posted:

According some sources (might be Plutarch, can't recall), Pericles had a deformed lumpy head which he tried to keep covered.

OfChristandMen
Feb 14, 2006

GENERIC CANDY AVATAR #2
I like how Greece just gets a better policy bonus slot than Barbossa. Greece looks strong and good. Their theater district needing to be on a hill is a strange gameplay restriction, since it says it wants to be close to your city center which means you might not settle on a hill, only next to one so your Acropolis gets good.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

OfChristandMen posted:

I like how Greece just gets a better policy bonus slot than Barbossa. Greece looks strong and good. Their theater district needing to be on a hill is a strange gameplay restriction, since it says it wants to be close to your city center which means you might not settle on a hill, only next to one so your Acropolis gets good.
Wildcard is a bit misleading. It's not "put any policy here", there's a specific wildcard category.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

sarmhan posted:

Wildcard is a bit misleading. It's not "put any policy here", there's a specific wildcard category.

I'm pretty sure it's both, in the video you can see them put non-wildcard policies in the wildcard category, but we've also seen seperate wildcard policies.

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

sarmhan posted:

It's both actually. You can put anything there, this has been shown in multiple videos (including the First Look Greece video), and there are specific cards that only go in wildcard slots.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

It's in the name; a wildcard is a card that can be used as any suit or number. Or in this case, a wildcard policy slot can hold any type of policy, including exclusive wildcard policies.
The exclusive wildcard policies that have been shown are all +Great Person Point generation, though.

In the example, though, it's also useful because it can be a diplomatic policy in a government type that has no diplomatic policy slots.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Ok that's weird. Even better for Pericles then. It will be interesting to see the difference between Pericles's diplomatic focus vs Gorgo's likely aggressive focus.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

mitochondritom posted:

Its not a surprise if you saw Ed Beach open the Civopedia :allears:

Am I totally missing the point here? I can see that Gorgo is on the leader list there, but when I saw the video I thought they were trying to avoid revealing the concept of Suzerain which is in the text that he is actually reading aloud.....

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

ChrisXP posted:

Am I totally missing the point here? I can see that Gorgo is on the leader list there, but when I saw the video I thought they were trying to avoid revealing the concept of Suzerain which is in the text that he is actually reading aloud.....

No, they were almost certainly reacting to the fact that they had just leaked every single leader that will be in the game at launch.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

ChrisXP posted:

City-state diplomacy had already been discussed prior to that stream.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

ChrisXP posted:

An important piece of context that's missing from the replay is the chat loving exploding when the leader lost opens and saying stuff like "[leader] confirmed!"

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
Aha, got it. The chat would have made it obvious, of course. Thanks all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Have they talked about a Mac port? (Are those still things?) And would PC and Mac people be able to play together?

I know quite a few people who don't game at all -- except Civ games. They also use Macs and I don't know anything about how anything on that side works