Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Endorph posted:

I like Yosuke a lot.

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I am not a fan of Yosuke.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Touma from Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a much better anime high school best friend if you ask me

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yosuke is trying his best

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

yosuke is trying his best

That's why he is the best!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls Links
North America (Live in 15 minutes)
http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/NepSega_LE/
Europe (25% stock remains)
http://store.iffyseurope.com/produc...limited-edition

The European version recolors Dreamcast's hair to Blue to fit the region so it may be of some note to a collector.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hate the term character action and wish people would incinerate for making that the term for games like DMC and Platinum's stuff.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
would you use character brawler instead

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I love hack n' slash games like Diablo, Musou, and DMC

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

We should shorten it to CAGs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
killing hordes owns, but I don't like it much in 3d, gotta be top down

unless it's warframe, that game is just insane.

e: poo poo, since the vita is cracked now, has anyone made remote play possible from PC yet?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nonlinear Motion Stylish Combo Battle System games

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Motto posted:

I love hack n' slash games like Diablo, Musou, and DMC

Hack n slash is more like god of war or dynasty warriors tho. Just kinda mashy games.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Whatever happened to the term Hack&Slash, I don't see that being used in anything nowadays.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Truga posted:

killing hordes owns, but I don't like it much in 3d, gotta be top down

unless it's warframe, that game is just insane.

e: poo poo, since the vita is cracked now, has anyone made remote play possible from PC yet?

There's a proof of concept already that uses the Nvidia Shield protocol.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how would i fare in the sega hard girls game if i dont know poo poo about nep

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

InfinityComplex posted:

Whatever happened to the term Hack&Slash, I don't see that being used in anything nowadays.

They stopped making PS2 games

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Single-Player Offline Battle Arenas

Spobas

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Davincie posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775757

Read up, and then jump in.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
DMClikes

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

nerdz posted:

That's epic but apparently mine updated itself to 3.61 :negative:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
"DMC-lites"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just use a numerical scale of how similar a game is to Dark Souls

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I give this game 8.8 Soulsbornes

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Davincie posted:

You don't need to know Nep to Nep, unless you must Nep optimally. They're not really difficult games to get through once

Sometimes knowing Nep doesn't even make it less confusing

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

nerdz posted:

I just tried it today and it worked pretty well, about comparably to PS4 remote play for me.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Sega Hard Girls are a personification of Sega consoles that Sega came up with after working with Compile Heart on Neptunia.

The personification of the game company Idea Factory (IF) will travel through several console generations with the Sega Hard Girl facing off against a matching Neptunia character. The Neptunia characters have a transformation ability and switch from a ~14 year old girl to a woman in a power suit.

Mega Drive, a stereotypical Japanese bookworm, faces off against Plutia/Iris Heart. Plutia is a sleepy/lazy stereotype girl that transforms into a domanitrix. Genesis is a different character

Game Gear, who appears to be an antisocial girl (she wasn't in the anime so IDK) faces Nepgear/Purple Sister, a mostly normal girl with an obsession with machines/tech. Her transformed personality isn't changed much. In the main series she is Neptune's younger sister.

Saturn, a twin tail tsundere is matched with Neptune/Purple Heart, the titular character. Her thing is 4th wall breaking and memes. She becomes serious after transformation. Somehow she turns into a motorcycle.

Dreamcast is a genki girl and her Neptunia counterpart is Uzume/Orange Heart. She's focused on being cool but when she transforms she starts acting childish.

The Sega Hard Girls anime features most of the main characters and can be watched in an hour. The BluRay/DVD has also still not come out
http://www.crunchyroll.com/hi-scool-seha-girls
Funimation has the Neptunia anime, but Uzume wasn't around then. It's a full 12 episode anime though.
https://www.funimation.com/shows/hyperdimension-neptunia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Baal posted:

I hate the term character action and wish people would incinerate for making that the term for games like DMC and Platinum's stuff.

It's not the worst term

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

It's not the worst term

Let me tell you about my indie metroidvania roguelite.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Let's go back to 1993 and refer to every game in a genre as a "like". I'm gonna play that hot new Doomlike COD next mont!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Hace posted:

DMClikes

a Devil May Crike

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Let's go back to 1993 and refer to every game in a genre as a "like". I'm gonna play that hot new Doomlike COD next mont!

It was 'clone', god! :rolleyes:

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

InfinityComplex posted:

would you use character brawler instead

tiddy brawler

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Phantasium posted:

Let me tell you about my indie metroidvania roguelite.

Those are helpful too because it helps me identify games I'll never care about lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Those are helpful too because it helps me identify games I'll never care about lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

What's the most groan worthy genre bullshit out there? Thinking something like 'Open world procedurally-generated survival-based indie metroidvania JRPG roguelike inspired by Dark Souls with crafting.'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Policenaut posted:

What's the most groan worthy genre bullshit out there? Thinking something like 'Open world procedurally-generated survival-based indie metroidvania JRPG roguelike inspired by Dark Souls with crafting.'

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/486550022910005248

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Policenaut posted:

retro turn-based rpg inspired by snes classics like chrono trigger and final fantasy

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

a Devil May Crikey

Nah, that's just called Revengeance, because it's a game where you get revenge against a Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
With Crafting

just, With Crafting