Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Don Tacorleone posted:

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever used it

Music producers would go insane though

I'd think they'd have an external DAC at least for serious work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: Apple is apparently sending surveys to Macbook Pro users asking if they use the headphone jack

since when do they care whether their users use things :confused:

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: Apple is apparently sending surveys to Macbook Pro users asking if they use the headphone jack

I have a MBP and I use the headphone jack almost every goddamn day. Apple's built-in speakers aren't absolute trash for laptop speakers but obviously they don't hold a candle to actual headphones, not to mention FaceTime or other video calls are tons easier to hear with headphones and ear buds and tons easier for the person on the other end to hear me when I talk through the built in mic on the earbuds.

Also, if you use the built in microphone and type literally anything with the keyboard while on the call, the person on the other end will think you're in the middle of a loving avalanche.

What loving idiot rear end in a top hat at Apple has convinced themselves that headphone jacks are some ancient relic of the past and not one of the most useful ports ever designed for transferring sound.

edit: oh right, they don't actually believe that. They just want every part of their devices to be completely owned by them. I was about to make a joke about how they'll probably try and redesign RJ45 network ports so they'll own that too but then I remembered they've already removed those from their laptops so who the gently caress knows.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 15, 2016

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It's an archaic standard dating back to the 1800s, its time to move on.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
loving is an archaic standard dating back to before the dinosaurs, time to move on.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Space is at a premium on 15" laptops

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So when are the limited edition Dre Beats $300 ones coming out.

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Well no more jacking our cacks into the phone i guess

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Manic Mailman posted:

Well no more jacking our cacks into the phone i guess

you need a dongle for that now

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
I can't find my male to female gender changer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I miss my floppy drives

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
my dongle is asexual

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
when i put my macbook on a desk i always use the speaker jack to hook up my stereo so music doesnt sound like absolute gar-bage

sounds like theyre getting ready to nix it... fuckheads

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

thathonkey posted:

when i put my macbook on a desk i always use the speaker jack to hook up my stereo so music doesnt sound like absolute gar-bage

sounds like theyre getting ready to nix it... fuckheads

Nonsense, you just need the Apple™ DAC with analog output, now available at your local retailer for $399.99

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
They need to add a mini cd drive to their phones

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
http://i.imgur.com/zKeqQRV.mp4

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Nonsense, you just need the Apple™ DAC with analog output, now available at your local retailer for $399.99

maybe in a way they are actually doing me a favor and my music will sound $399.99 better for it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

thathonkey posted:

maybe in a way they are actually doing me a favor and my music will sound $399.99 better for it

That's a pretty good YOSPOS impression

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

You know what else is an old design? Four wheels on a car have been around 100 years, three is much more economical. Also the port on the side where you put gas in? Why hasn't that been re-invented? Any old rear end in a top hat can design a nozzle that will fit, maybe Ford should rethink that and make their 2017s with a star shaped port "for increased surface area for which gas to stick on, reducing fumes." And just LOL at anyone who grabs a giant circle like they had on the Mayflower to turn - give me a sleek 21st century joystick. And loving LOL at anyone who needs to mash something into the floor with their foot to slow down like the Flintstones - these can be replaced with buttons

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
the apple car was cancelled because they couldn't figure out wireless refueling

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mozi posted:

the apple car was cancelled because they couldn't figure out wireless refueling

they were mad that they couldnt remove the wheels

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Why are we still driving our cars by looking through literal glass windows, like, seeing things through transparent glass lol

what is this, the 1700s???

replace all windows with retina displays displaying output from four (wireless, ofc) cameras balanced on the roof pointing in each direction, because it's 2016

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Better yet, have the forward view be a feed where you can see your car from a 3rd-person perspective like twenty feet above and behind it, like you're playing GTA. wave of the future

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
When the displays have a resolution so high that your biological eyes can't see the difference between 16K and 32K phone displays, you will have to upgrade to compatible, proprietary iEyes.

Edit: captain

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Better yet, have the forward view be a feed where you can see your car from a 3rd-person perspective like twenty feet above and behind it, like you're playing GTA. wave of the future

... This is actually a great idea, though impossible.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
If you microwave your car, it will fill up quicker

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lt. Chips posted:

When the displays have a resolution so high that your biological eyes can't see the difference between 16K and 32K phone displays, you will have to upgrade to compatible, proprietary iEyes.

courage

sure, your new iEyes won't be able to see anything rendered with old-fashioned "conventional" light like say Android phones or your own bedroom, but once you see how gorgeous the iPhone 14's 32K display looks through them, you'll be glad you paid the $250,000 for the surgery. If the manufacturers of Android phones or your children's faces want their displays to be compatible with the new all-digital optical format of the future, they're welcome to pay Apple's licensing fees and upgrade at any time.

What is this, the stone age???

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

this is perfect

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Ahh yes the moto Z, a direct competitor of the iPhone lol

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

You're using eyes that evolved in water to see things in air? If you had any dignity you'd rip your eyes out of your head right now.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

zen death robot posted:

The Moto Z also has no headphone jack

Anecdotal but I've literally never seen anyone with a Moto Z

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

a bone to pick posted:

I saw a video once where someone rigged up an actual car to drive like this by mounting a camera on a strut behind it and blocking off the windshield, to see if it was possible to drive around an obstacle course like that

and all the test drivers crashed into poo poo constantly, like you always do when you're trying to maneuver a car in GTA

zen death robot posted:

The Moto Z also has no headphone jack

the difference is I don't think anyone on Earth defended this decision or bought this phone

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

loquacius posted:

I saw a video once where someone rigged up an actual car to drive like this by mounting a camera on a strut behind it and blocking off the windshield, to see if it was possible to drive around an obstacle course like that

and all the test drivers crashed into poo poo constantly, like you always do when you're trying to maneuver a car in GTA

the difference is I don't think anyone on Earth defended this decision or bought this phone

maybe you always do

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
stop the earth, i want to get off!

wahooooooooooooooooogbyeeveryoneoooo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zen death robot posted:

I think the headphone jack thing is dumb as poo poo too but I'm not switching back to android over it because the exchange integration is shittier and I need that for work

Google won't fix this because they intentionally sabotage every interaction they can between their tech and MS's tech, but Outlook for Android is usable

Not as good as Outlook for WP was of course :rip:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
obviously you should get a blackberry

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

camera bumps are beautiful #fuckyourbeautystandards

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Jeez, I didn't know people sucked at GTA so hard.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

zen death robot posted:

For whatever reason the place I work at forces people to use touchdown or whatever it's called so you have to enter a pin for the phone and another for the drat email app if you use android.

Yeah, I've got the same deal.

That and we use an MDM solution, so since iPhones allow for native Exchange integration you only have to enter in the device password and you're set, but on Android devices you have to unlock the phone AND authenticate one more time to use Touchdown.

The fact that Symantec bought TD tells you everything you need to know, really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
re: 3rd person view car driving

a bone to pick posted:

Iunno, you could have a trailing camera drone if you wanted :shrug:

• Locked thread