Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

WilliamAnderson posted:

Clearly Victoria 3 should just start at 1750.
I wouldn't mind if V3 started in 1821 or EU4 carried on for another 15 years, just so there isn't a gap between EU4 and V3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
One of my biggest gripes with V2 is that the game ends too early. Earlier start dates would be sweet.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I think what should obviously happen here is CK3/EU5/V3/HOI5 becoming a single mega-game spanning from 867 AD to the modern day.

Just imagine how much DLC it could have.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Roadie posted:

I think what should obviously happen here is CK3/EU5/V3/HOI5 becoming a single mega-game spanning from 867 769 AD to the modern day.

Fixed.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

beer_war posted:

I think what should obviously happen here is CK3/EU5/V3/HOI5 becoming a single mega-game spanning from 867 769 AD to the modern day far-flung future of Stellaris.

Where's my caveman map painting game, Paradox?

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Roadie posted:

I think what should obviously happen here is CK3/EU5/V3/HOI5 becoming a single mega-game spanning from 814 BC to the modern day.

Fixed.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I guess I just don't understand trade. How is Leinster of all people getting trade power here in the Philippines?

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.

Jay Rust posted:

I guess I just don't understand trade. How is Leinster of all people getting trade power here in the Philippines?

Maybe they sent a light ship?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It means that Leinster has a colony in the Panama node with at least 10 provincial trade power. That means that they project 20% of that power in all nodes upstream from Panama.

It shouldn't matter for you, though, because they don't have a merchant in the Phillipines and you do, so all of the trade value gets sent to the Moluccas.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 14, 2016

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ah yeah, that's what it is.

drat ambitious of you, Leinster

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I started a Papal State game for the first time in forever and boy did they ever get beefed up. The game just throws a neverending stream of amazing events at you.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Roadie posted:

I think what should obviously happen here is CK3/EU5/V3/HOI5 becoming a single mega-game spanning from 867 AD to the modern day.

You forgot Rome and Stellaris.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Any tips on Luck o' The Irish? I keep hitting this brick wall where England allies and then diplo-vassalizes two or three of the other Irish powers (usually Leinster and either Tyrone and/or Ulster), and France never wants to be my ally by the time I get my relations with them up because they "have other powerful allies". It's possible but... unlikely that a 4 province Desmond and Scotland could beat England.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

That "other powerful allies" thing isn't because France has big allies already, it's because you do.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Just started a Novgorod game and I am in a precarious position, but Castille won the burgundian inheritance and poland didn't take the PU with Lithuania. Could be an interesting game.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

new dev diary

Post-war casualty reports that distinguish between combat losses and attrition, and a real-time minimap strategic view of sorts.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

PittTheElder posted:

That "other powerful allies" thing isn't because France has big allies already, it's because you do.

No, it's because France has powerful allies. My only ally is Tyrone:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Jsor posted:

Why does France consider parts of Ireland as a "powerful ally". :psyduck:

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I literally just dissolved all my alliances to check, the modifier isn't because of me. They still have the -10 for that reason. I don't recall seeing that modifier until recently, maybe it's new-ish? This isn't the same one where you already have "great power allies".

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Odobenidae posted:

new dev diary

Post-war casualty reports that distinguish between combat losses and attrition, and a real-time minimap strategic view of sorts.

Unironically my most wanted feature for EU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Jesus, that really puts into perspective how many troops die from attrition.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Who ARE France's allies, anyway? Maybe that message is poorly phrased and they've simply hit their diplomatic relations limit.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

NihilCredo posted:

Who ARE France's allies, anyway? Maybe that message is poorly phrased and they've simply hit their diplomatic relations limit.

Navarra, Aragon, Scotland, Pope. And I'm pretty sure I saw the diplo limit on Castille on my last attempt, that one says something more like "Would put Castille over their diplomatic relationship limit -50" or something.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I read somewhere that the AI have a bonus, hidden diplo relationship slot reserved for human players

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I would like to see a new CB that gives you a cassus belli for other unowned provinces in areas that you have a state. Maybe make it slightly worse than the claim fabrication CB.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Jay Rust posted:

I read somewhere that the AI have a bonus, hidden diplo relationship slot reserved for human players
Wiz has said that for sure.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Tsyni posted:

Just started a Novgorod game and I am in a precarious position, but Castille won the burgundian inheritance and poland didn't take the PU with Lithuania. Could be an interesting game.

That should be pretty good for you, Lithuania will happily murder Muscovy with you in the first war, which is all you really need. Then hope she collapses as per usual.

Jsor posted:

Huh, ok well nevermind then. I didn't know that was a thing.

Jay Rust posted:

Yeah, they definitely do. Wiz listed it as one of the ways the AI does "cheat" (scare quotes because that's not really a cheat for them).

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
I think England may have made some bad life choices fighting France+Aragon at the same time

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Odobenidae posted:

new dev diary

New minimap that features green dots for friendly and red dots for hostile troops. Long overdue!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

And the price appears to be $20.

A bit steep, but whatever.

Butch Banner
Dec 14, 2006
The pinnacle of masculitinity

Jsor posted:

Any tips on Luck o' The Irish? I keep hitting this brick wall where England allies and then diplo-vassalizes two or three of the other Irish powers (usually Leinster and either Tyrone and/or Ulster), and France never wants to be my ally by the time I get my relations with them up because they "have other powerful allies". It's possible but... unlikely that a 4 province Desmond and Scotland could beat England.
I rivalled and showed strength on as many other Irish opms I could, and together with estate mana made Cill Dara the Irish Paris in terms of development. Attack Scottland if they are loosing to England or ally Scottland/France and attack England during the hundred years war. Like many of the achievements, you may have to do several attempts.

Mortuus
Nov 8, 2012

Jesus loves you, useless corpse
Is anyone else having trouble downloading mods through the workshop? It seems like all my currently installed mods are updating just fine, but anything I've subscribed to in the last month or so isn't even downloading at all. I had a similar problem with HOIV and Stellaris, but I was able to solve the problem through checking off all the cloud sync options. It isn't working for EU though. I think the last time I had this problem for EU I was in the Steam beta and uninstalling the beta did the trick, but nothing is working this time.

Any ideas?

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Finally got Luck o' the Irish. What's a good semi-relaxing run? My last few were an aborted Shahanshah run, a Basileus run, and Luck o' the Irish. I'm holding off on Ottomans until the changes in Rights of Man.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Jsor posted:

Finally got Luck o' the Irish. What's a good semi-relaxing run? My last few were an aborted Shahanshah run, a Basileus run, and Luck o' the Irish. I'm holding off on Ottomans until the changes in Rights of Man.

I've always found Majapahit to be a nice chill nation. You're shooting for the achievement to form Malaya, which is easy, and then you've got a good powerbase and location to try for some of the miscellaneous hard achievements like owning all of a particular trade good.

Hindu is also one of the most interesting religions, so that's a plus as well.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Yeah, anything that can form Malaya is pretty interesting if you like a game with a lot of naval and colonizing action. Siam is similar too.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Do you lose tag-based or religion-based modifiers on religion or tag switch? Think I read that in a patch once.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Average Bear posted:

Do you lose tag-based or religion-based modifiers on religion or tag switch? Think I read that in a patch once.

Yes you lose them if you switch religion but not if you tag-switch. In regions with many different religions (particularly India and SE Asia) you could pull off some goofy stuff by switching religion multiple times and amassing a bunch of bonuses from different religions, so they nerfed that.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
It used to own.

Paradox Interactive: Fun Police

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Here's how the games should be divided:
-323-565 Roma
565-1066 Umma - Islam focused
1066-1648 Fidem - basically CK
1648-1920 Europa
1920-1991 Novus - HoI with social stuff too
And every game should have Pops, Agents and Trade Routes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RestRoomLiterature-
Jun 3, 2008

staying regular