Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
drat didn't use my waiver claim on Eli Rogers because I thought some better picks would come out of the first week but not even close. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Dewgy posted:

I'll put a counterpoint to this, if you like zoning out to Batman when you're doing other poo poo, it's a great deal.

There's an absurd amount of challenge rooms and skins and whatever that come with the season pass (just try browsing the DLC in-game, it takes forever), but it's really kind of hit or miss if it's something you'll actually be in to.

Last page, but I'll chime in too. I got the DLC because the bundle was on sale, and i almost bought the base game for the same price earlier, so I didn't mind. There is alot of DLC, but for the base game it is better to stick with the vanilla outfit anyways, since you miss out on the progressive damage his outfit shows. Also, while the challenge rooms are great, it is annoying that there isn't a easy way to swap out skins. It would be fun to dress up differently for each challenge without having to back out to the main menu each time.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Feenix posted:

So was the discount code from Play2016 supposed to be 12 characters? Trying to redeem it on the PSN Store right now and it's giving me the "nah this isn't a long enough code to even enter into the system"

It's ten and it's supposed to go in a discount box during checkout.

Also you guys who ordered abzu and bound, you guys are like me and the system isn't showing you ordered abzu and bound despite that you did. It's a glitch.

Hit up the chat and provide them your account name and order numbers for abzu and bound. They'll get you straightened up like me.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
My Ps+ auto-renewed for a year (even though I am positive I switched auto renew off on the day that I bought it), I had no intention of renewing due to the lacklustre games the past year (only one I enjoyed was Gone Home, a game that takes 3 hours to complete).

What are my chances of getting a refund?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DeadBonesBrook posted:

My Ps+ auto-renewed for a year (even though I am positive I switched auto renew off on the day that I bought it), I had no intention of renewing due to the lacklustre games the past year (only one I enjoyed was Gone Home, a game that takes 3 hours to complete).

What are my chances ofgetting a refund?

tell them your dog did it. that worked for a goon recently.

if not at least you have another year to try the good games you didn't appreciate yet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

can confirm that my dog bought a game and i got refunded after explaining to them that my dog bought a game

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

DeadBonesBrook posted:

What are my chances of getting a refund?

play Rocket League and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris instead to realise how wrong you were

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

morallyobjected posted:

play Rocket League and Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris instead to realise how wrong you were

I missed them, Rocket League was July, Lara Croft was August, I got my sub in September :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Ineffiable posted:

It's ten and it's supposed to go in a discount box during checkout.

Also you guys who ordered abzu and bound, you guys are like me and the system isn't showing you ordered abzu and bound despite that you did. It's a glitch.

Hit up the chat and provide them your account name and order numbers for abzu and bound. They'll get you straightened up like me.

I don't see said box. Can you not do digital preorders?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feenix posted:

I don't see said box. Can you not do digital preorders?

that was in the fine print

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

anyone thinking about doing the PLAY promotion?
it's only a good deal if for instance you buy Abzu and Brutal for 28 dollars and you are going to be able to spend 140 dollars or more in a single transaction between september 6th and october 4th with no preorders or plus memberships included

i made this post during the promotion earlier this summer

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Real hurthling! posted:

that was in the fine print

Ah thanks. Lame.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Due for a Flash sale this week or next. I'm hoping it's The Best One Ever so I can do something with this coupon that was supposed to be for Final Fantasy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

barren_sky posted:

Due for a Flash sale this week or next. I'm hoping it's The Best One Ever so I can do something with this coupon that was supposed to be for Final Fantasy.

Yeah I still haven't spent my No Man's Sky refund.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm sure Battleborn will be on sale again yeah

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

drops out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-9202016/

The bunker
Dear esther: landmark ed
Destiny collection
Doodle Kingdom - monday release, ps3/4
Jazzpunk Dir cut
Lastfight
Machinarium - wednesday release
Skylight freerange 2: gachduine - vita
Slain: back from hell
Tokyo twighlight ghost hunters daybreak special gigs - all platforms
touhou scarlet curiosity - Thursday release
Virginia - thursday release
Zenith

powerstone fans happy this week

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm sure Battleborn will be on sale again yeah
One of these days they're gonna put it up for an actual 'bargain' price

then the next day they'll take down the server

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

drops out
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/18/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-9202016/

The bunker
Dear esther: landmark ed
Destiny collection
Doodle Kingdom - monday release, ps3/4

Jazzpunk Dir cut
Lastfight
Machinarium - wednesday release
Skylight freerange 2: gachduine - vita
Slain: back from hell
Tokyo twighlight ghost hunters daybreak special gigs - all platforms
Virginia - thursday release
Zenith

powerstone fans happy this week

:colbert:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

it looks like that game called doodie kingdom

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
drat, that's a good week. With the flash sale pretty much guaranteed to be next weekend, I might just use my 20% coupon this week

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

rabidsquid posted:

it looks like that game called doodie kingdom
doobie kingdom

f2p microtransactions, piled high

(seriously it's a mobile game that works best with a pointer, who's genius idea was a console port?)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

isnt the price increase going live on the 22nd? so keep that in mind y'all

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Real hurthling! posted:

That's the Ys Napishtim engine style game, right? Kinda curious how that turned out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

That's the Ys Napishtim engine style game, right? Kinda curious how that turned out.

Ooooo didn't know about this

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Giant Bomb QL of The Bunker made it look pretty interesting. It's a British FMV adventure game that takes place 30 years after a nuclear war. You play a young man who was born in the titular bunker just as the bombs were being dropped.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

CrashCat posted:

doobie kingdom

f2p microtransactions, piled high

(seriously it's a mobile game that works best with a pointer, who's genius idea was a console port?)
oh god, Doodle Kingdom on PSN actually costs $6 and still has the f2p microtransaction poo poo in it. that's some crazy optimism there

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I've read up on Street Fighter V and it sounds like the season pass is just "time saver" DLC for stuff you can already unlock in-game (plus a few exclusive costumes). Is that correct? Just wondering since the Deluxe version of SFV is the only one on sale right now. No problem waiting for a deal on the base game if I'm not missing out on anything important.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Anyone here use a Chromebook? When I try to access the store on mine, it gives me this lovely half-mobile interface. Any workarounds to force it to be normal?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Minidust posted:

I've read up on Street Fighter V and it sounds like the season pass is just "time saver" DLC for stuff you can already unlock in-game (plus a few exclusive costumes). Is that correct? Just wondering since the Deluxe version of SFV is the only one on sale right now. No problem waiting for a deal on the base game if I'm not missing out on anything important.

Season pass is the 6 dlc characters which you would have to pay for otherwise(or big grinding on fight money), a stage(guiles) and with the new patch upcoming thursday it will unlock the bulk of the colours for the characters that you normally have to grind for.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Minidust posted:

You can technically unlock the characters by playing but if you wanted to get them without buying you'd have to win something like 6000 ranked matches.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Or play the criminally boring single player Survival Mode for a very, very long time.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Bogart posted:

Anyone here use a Chromebook? When I try to access the store on mine, it gives me this lovely half-mobile interface. Any workarounds to force it to be normal?
I don't have one, but assuming it's the same as other Chrome implementations, try and override the user agent:

http://www.howtogeek.com/113439/how-to-change-your-browsers-user-agent-without-installing-any-extensions/

If that works as a one-off then consider finding an extension to manage the user agent setting from the Chrome Web Store.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You get enough FM to buy a couple of characters from just doing everyone's story mode + easy survival, and this week's patch is adding daily missions that hand out FM. We don't know how much you can reliably get a day without having to farm, though.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Minidust posted:

Well, yes and no. The season pass gets you the six DLC characters (5 out now, 1 out this week) and an extra premium costume for each of them. You can technically buy all the characters with in-game money, along with non-premium costumes, stages, and colors. However, it's a big uphill grind. On your first time through the story mode, a few survival runs, character story playthroughs, you should have enough to get 1 character free.

Unfortunately, you can't repeat single player content to get money, only multiplayer. There are supposed to be daily challenges added this week to get money, otherwise you'll need to win ranked or casual matches. You'd need like 1000 victories to get each character free. I'd say if you have any interest playing the dlc characters, just get the deluxe version.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In Training posted:

You can technically unlock the characters by playing but if you wanted to get them without buying you'd have to win something like 6000 ranked matches.

wait what the gently caress? after watching evo i sorta had sfv on my radar but thats, holy poo poo thats really bad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Keep in mind they still haven't actually finished the game, although the patch coming Friday adds the remaining modes/features promised from launch.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

wait what the gently caress? after watching evo i sorta had sfv on my radar but thats, holy poo poo thats really bad
Uh considering the alternative is them just charging you for the character with no way to potentially get it for free, I think its Good, instead.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

homeless snail posted:

Uh considering the alternative is them just charging you for the character with no way to potentially get it for free, I think its Good, instead.

The alternative is to actually play Street Fighter V though so what's really the lesser of two evils here

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

It looks worse when their competition in the genre have rosters 4 times larger and give away new characters for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The best thing about Street Fighter 5 is that it got me really, really excited for Tekken 7.

• Locked thread