Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolash posted:

Man that's just it the goalposts have moved back. When Trump first took the lead in the primary everyone was daydreaming about him winning and leading the Republicans into unprecedented rout. Since his nomination he's had a mountain of missteps any one of which would obliterate another candidate, public figure, or private citizen and yet he's still capable of getting up to "striking range" in the polls off pure party ID and media weakness. The goalposts have become "well so long as Hillary wins then we're good" when what should worry people is a party can (and will) put up a literal incapable and get this close.

This is not a new development. This is how FPTP voting works. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

There is absolutely no good news about the race for anyone who doesn't support Donald Trump in the last two days. The race is tied or a very narrow hillary lead with a precarious EC firewall. I've been an ardent "calm the gently caress down guys" poster, but this election is basically on a knife's edge as of right now.

Monmouth is a good pollster. CNN is a good pollster. Q is a good pollster. NYT is an excellent pollster. The numbers are legit, HRC is in trouble.

The reports about Obama's plan to campaign hard for Hillary over the next 2 months, that was good news. Barry would be winning this election by 10 if he was running. He'll do everything he can to pull her across the finish line if he has to.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brEgzjQjF0Q

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Joementum posted:

loving FINALLY we'll be free of clean food in Trump's America.

nice

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
dont ever beer bong colt 45

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i want a browser extension that replaces hillary clinton with turd sandwich and donald trump with giant douche

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Joementum posted:

This is actually good news.... for bitcoinHillary!

This is actually good news worked for Trump in the primary maybe it'll work for Hillary.
Give me a bit to tbw how being sick gets her more votes

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

There is absolutely no good news about the race for anyone who doesn't support Donald Trump in the last two days. The race is tied or a very narrow hillary lead with a precarious EC firewall. I've been an ardent "calm the gently caress down guys" poster, but this election is basically on a knife's edge as of right now.

Monmouth is a good pollster. CNN is a good pollster. Q is a good pollster. NYT is an excellent pollster. The numbers are legit, HRC is in trouble.

In order: maybe, LMAO, heh, nope

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

breaklaw posted:

The reports about Obama's plan to campaign hard for Hillary over the next 2 months, that was good news. Barry would be winning this election by 10 if he was running. He'll do everything he can to pull her across the finish line if he has to.

I pray for a good result from PPP's NC poll this weekend.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Eonwe posted:

i want a browser extension that replaces hillary clinton with turd sandwich and donald trump with giant douche

Weak

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
Is there a particular reason why New Hampshire is much more conservative than the states surrounding it?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Benny D posted:

In order: maybe, LMAO, heh, nope

All of the companies that do these polls have excellent methodologies and LV screens of varying permissiveness. I'm sorry that your response to literally every pollster that doesn't tell you what you want to hear is "lalalala, can't hear you"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

nice

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I want a reality extension that replaces both candidates with people who hold similar goals but have vastly different yet realistic ideas for achieving them that they can put forward to the public in a way sparks national debate LOL

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

good av or nah

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Uh, so which other group is punishing people with gas chambers besides Nazis that makes that explanation OK?
In Trump's America, public schools.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Senjuro posted:

Is there a particular reason why New Hampshire is much more conservative than the states surrounding it?

its where people who want to be able to drive to massachusetts but not pay taxes live

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Schnorkles posted:

this is literally arzying.

The polls have not been good for the last 2 days. it is September and they have been in flux. in flux is not when you can call it. you are taking 2 days and then saying "welp can't win in ohio, pull the ads and shift money elsewhere cause nothing we can do"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Schnorkles posted:

All of the companies that do these polls have excellent methodologies and LV screens of varying permissiveness. I'm sorry that your response to literally every pollster that doesn't tell you what you want to hear is "lalalala, can't hear you"

It seems this forum is divided into two camps: people that think America wouldn't possibly elect Trump, and people who think America absolutely would elect Trump.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Senjuro posted:

No income tax.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

good av or nah

How did you get that photo of Baloogan?!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

I pray for a good result from PPP's NC poll this weekend.

why on earth would you do this to yourself

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Senjuro posted:

A good friend of mine moved to New Hampshire and according to him, it's really really libertarian. In his experience, they don't care about anything: be as gay as you want, whatever race you are, live life however you want, just keep your hands off their money.

If I remember correctly, they don't even have seat belt laws.

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

THE AMERICAN TALIBAN

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u9j1XvrLXw

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

actually, the hippie voters largely stayed hippie voters which is why boomers dying off might not be such a great deal for us, since we'll be dealing with reaganites as the oldest/most solid voting block for a few decades at that point

except the more liberal groups will be voting more reliably as they get older and if it's just gen x rather than gen x and baby boomers how is that not good??

it always puzzles me how it seems like people, when they say "oh gen x people are worse!!!" they forget that it's not as if the gen x group takes over the voting slots of the baby boomers when they die

once they do die, then it's gen x vs the rest of the country

nice, a method that hasn't been used for decades and even then rarely, yeah that's definitely what he meant

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/776475038589431808

I'm sorry about your country.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Is there a reason polls are in flux or is this just a normal thing that happens? Are there literally millions of people going "whoa she has pneumonia? better vote for the fascist!"

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Senjuro posted:

Live Free Or Die

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fart blood posted:

A good friend of mine moved to New Hampshire and according to him, it's really really libertarian. In his experience, they don't care about anything: be as gay as you want, whatever race you are, live life however you want, just keep your hands off their money.

If I remember correctly, they don't even have seat belt laws.

Your friend is correct of course, they're libertarian as balls over there, and only got more pronounced when a bunch of flaky Free State Project morons moved there about 15 yers ago.

I dunno about seat belts, but I know they don't have motorcycle helmet laws in nega-Vermont.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Sep 15, 2016

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Uh, so which other group is punishing people with gas chambers besides Nazis that makes that explanation OK?

The Something Awful moderation team?

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Hobo Clown posted:

Is there a reason polls are in flux or is this just a normal thing that happens? Are there literally millions of people going "whoa she has pneumonia? better vote for the fascist!"

assuming 2004 turnout or something

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Hobo Clown posted:

polling is basically a measure of enthusiasm, 90% of people knew who they were going to vote for before they even sealed up the nominations

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gatlin brothers have always sucked

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Hobo Clown posted:

a candidate having a disease that kills thousands every year is not going to help no. poo poo looked bad at times for obama in 2012 as well, you cannot panic over this poo poo.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

also yes ppl arent voting 4 hillz cuz of new mona
shes obvs gonna die

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

Before it was just insanity, now I'm starting to actually care

Were you here when the convention put Trump over on RCP? Cause that's when poo poo got real for me and I haven't turned away from the bloodshed yet despite remaining slightly humanized.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Calling Jindal

https://twitter.com/rightwingwatch/status/776436888563429376

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

that said someone made a video of semi trucks singing their only hit and its one of the best things on the internet, and thats including steeleworldwide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otAvQ2N3NLc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

JT Jag posted:

I should have known something was horribly wrong when my mom asked me about the alt-right

Jesus dude Moms learning about the alt right is the best loving news you could get!

• Locked thread