Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fsif
Jul 18, 2003

NC-17 posted:

Imagine being Trent Dilfer *SHOOTS SELF*

Wow, how many rings do YOU have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It reads like an onion article.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

YOU KNOW STEVE, WHEN YOU'RE A QUARTERBACK IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE IT'S ALL ABOUT READING THE DEFENSE

JUST LOOK AT TOMMY BRADY SURVEYING THE FIELD, A MASTER OF HIS CRAFT

I SOMETIMES FIND MYSELF IN MY BEDROOM CLOSET AND DON'T KNOW WHAT I WAS DOING THERE

THIS, STEVE, IS WHAT I CALL A FOOTBALL PLAYER. BRADY HAS THE WILL TO WIN. HE HAS THE INTANGIBLES

AROUND THREE PM EVERY DAY I FIND A PILLOW AND SCREAM INTO IT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR

IF MY TEAMMATE RAY LEWIS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND HOPE IT GOES AWAY

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NC-17 posted:

Imagine being Trent Dilfer *SHOOTS SELF*

*misses*

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

*bullet intercepted*

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

real smart moneyball glasses nerd: how about we get some of the black folk to play baseball on our team

tony larusa: no. i think we're good here fam

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is what happens when you base your entire sense of self on what you do for a living

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

what the gently caress

https://twitter.com/JMKTV/status/776086911144300544

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
My favorite thing about this whole deal is all the people on my twitter feed who don't realize The National Anthem and The Pledge of Allegiance are two separate things.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"You cannot support child slavery in these United States of America, and still win"
- Trent Dilfer

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think Shannon Sharpe is scaring the worst of Skip's whiteness, finally allowing him to keep it hidden and locked away in the same part the rest of us self-aware whites put it

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

*a Zardoz sized troll face descends from the heavens*

"OBVIOUSLY, I AM NOT BLACK"

*the mouth gapes, a moment stretches as long as a gap in the universe's heartbeat. the mouth vomits forth countless bullets of truth and wisdom*

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Obviously, I'm not black
I'm uh, wait. I'm not black.
Ladies and gentlemen: I'm not black"

*retires and walks off the stage forever*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Shannon Sharpe has always been really good at discussing these kinds of social issues in the context of football. It's cool to see Skip actually bring something to the table instead of belching more rancid opinions for attention.

Hey, Richard Sherman. Skip has more integrity than you do for once.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Can't believe Skip left espn just to do First Take on another network with a different black guy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Somewhere in Kentucky, a blind man who listens to Skip Bayless daily begins to re-evaluate his mental image of the controversial talkshow host, but then he realizes that all people are black as far as he can tell.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Shannon Sharpe has always been really good at discussing these kinds of social issues in the context of football. It's cool to see Skip actually bring something to the table instead of belching more rancid opinions for attention.

Hey, Richard Sherman. Skip has more integrity than you do for once.

I wouldn't go that far. If he's doing poo poo in his own way, fine. I don't like the mentality that says if you don't follow how somebody else decides to go about things, you don't care about the issue. Just because I didn't dump ice on my head when I was asked to doesn't mean I'm pro-ALS. Know what I'm saying? I'm not doing pushups every day on webcam but I still care about army vets killing themselves

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

sweet thursday posted:

I wouldn't go that far. If he's doing poo poo in his own way, fine. I don't like the mentality that says if you don't follow how somebody else decides to go about things, you don't care about the issue. Just because I didn't dump ice on my head when I was asked to doesn't mean I'm pro-ALS. Know what I'm saying? I'm not doing pushups every day on webcam but I still care about army vets killing themselves

I didn't think anyone was pro-ALS. ( I think I must have missed the part where Skip said you have to care about issues in a certain way)

Edit
Oh, you were referring to Sherman. I don't like Sherman's stance that a person's education determines their worth.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 15, 2016

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think he knows what Richard did. I think he assumes you are talking about his inaction rather than the fact he came out openly on the opposite side.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don't think he knows what Richard did. I think he assumes you are talking about his inaction rather than the fact he came out openly on the opposite side.

Though even his "inaction" was pretty bad, as essentially forcing the entire team to stand with linked arms prevented Jeremy Lane from protesting on his own again.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
The Seattle Tobys

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Somewhere in Kentucky, a blind man who listens to Skip Bayless daily begins to re-evaluate his mental image of the controversial talkshow host, but then he realizes that all people are black as far as he can tell.

What manner of name is Shannon Sharpe? Irish? Cornish?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Someone took out the knives: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-hypocrisy-of-tony-la-russa-and-the-understandable-fears-of-black-baseball-players-045857175.html

quote:

Tony La Russa, a convicted drunk driver who managed one of the most steroid-addled clubhouses in modern baseball history and today oversees an organization that at the trade deadline passed along to multiple organizations private medical information about a player it wanted to deal, spent Wednesday playing moralist, a role that suits him about as well as chief baseball officer for a major league franchise.

It's real good

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
^^^e: god drat.

DJExile posted:

Trent Dilfer still playing that "b-b-but the distractions!!" card

“My wife and I had been introduced to some really disturbing stuff and other social injustices: Childhood slavery in our country. And I’d gone to a couple seminars and presentations where we got really deep in the weeds about this issue. It became a passion of ours to help fight this battle of childhood slavery around the country and I had a very big platform in Seattle and I could have leveraged being a Seattle Seahawk, being an NFL quarterback, done a lot to get that message out there, but I chose not to at the sake of not wanting to disrupt the team and I never want to draw attention to myself, and take it away from Matt, the rest of our team and our preparation to win.”

"stacking them dubs is more important than freeing child slaves" -Trent Dilly

indigi fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Sep 15, 2016

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
What off-the-field incident last year caused Kaep to lose the locker room? (Skip mentioned it but I can't remember it.)

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

that one guy posted:

What off-the-field incident last year caused Kaep to lose the locker room? (Skip mentioned it but I can't remember it.)

I think that was the whole "#s7orm's coming" thing, but my memory is pretty foggy

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Wasn't that when he was loving Aldon Smith's ex?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

#7tormscumming

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Chichevache posted:

Wasn't that when he was loving Aldon Smith's ex?

This.

that one guy
Jun 3, 2005
Ahh, I missed that.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Chichevache posted:

I didn't think anyone was pro-ALS. ( I think I must have missed the part where Skip said you have to care about issues in a certain way)

Edit
Oh, you were referring to Sherman. I don't like Sherman's stance that a person's education determines their worth.

The gently caress :catstare:

I mean I knew he was pretty bootstraps but :catstare:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Richard Sherman seems like a really smart idiot

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

v2vian man posted:

Richard Sherman seems like a really smart idiot

He did go to Stanford, after all. That's their most popular major.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
After a long career he'll likely not be that smart so jokes on him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

go3 posted:

After a long career he'll likely not be that smart so jokes on him

Kaepernick doing his best to cut out early. Now who's the smart one, Rich

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Oh Snapple! posted:

The gently caress :catstare:

I mean I knew he was pretty bootstraps but :catstare:

He told Skip Bayless he is literally a better human being because he went to Stanford.

This should be the right video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6x-O3kb1sI

Coldforge posted:

He did go to Stanford, after all. That's their most popular major.

I almost ended up doing security for a tech company founded by Stanford grads when I was still in school. They wanted to be walked to their cars at 2 PM in the afternoon so they wouldn't get jumped. This is in downtown Palo Alto, literally across the street from Stanford.

Also my dad went there and he sucks.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Richard Sherman is insecure?!! Say it ain't so

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
This is kinda unrelates, but the newest south park was a bit about kaepernick and not standing at the anthem, but the episode was p bad by south park standards so you wont miss anything if you dont see it.

The bit linked earlier wasnt even in the episode.

Thats your south park news.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
Bad by south park standards. Heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Some people say it's bad

Some people say it's good

You'll find the truth... is probably in the middle :smug::smug::smug::smug:

• Locked thread