Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Battle of the two greatest entrance themes in wrestling coming up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

God.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I'm so glad Bobby Roode kept his wizard robe.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

Food Court Druid posted:

Battle of the two greatest entrance themes in wrestling coming up.

Good for sasha for finally getting a match against Nakamura

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's hard to believe now that once-upon-a-time Bobby Roode was just the lovely forgettable part of a TNA tag team.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
https://twitter.com/wresnocontext/status/776217161413033984

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Give Bobby Roode A Real Finisher

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Give him the Overdrive

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

No boob job though, so she'll never get a push.

Pretty sure she has fake boobs or at least did at one point when she was doing the IFBB stuff.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

The longer Asuka goes undefeated the bigger of a problem it's gonna be unless they sign some super-indy prospect or Joshi to take the title off her. :v:

Sign Hojo pls

They've kind of got this massive crop of new women right now while not really doing anything with them. Asuka's firmly on top with the gap left by Bayley/Alexa/Nia's departures, but they should've used the last several months building up Billie and Peyton too (which they sort of have with the former, but not by much). Ember just debuted, Liv is still really green, and then off the top of my head there's Aliyah, Santana, Deonna, Nikki, Mandy, Daria, Rachel, and they keep signing more. It's a good future crop, but there are so many people on the roster that most of them won't get TV time unless the format changes toward the next Takeover.

What I do like is that for all but the title scene, NXT's undercard has felt a bit more like developmental again recently, the way it did before and during the first few Takeovers.

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 15, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

Pretty sure she has fake boobs or at least did at one point when she was doing the IFBB stuff.

If she still does, they seem appropriate for her body type and size so I doubt they even register to the people who care about that sort of thing.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

RealFoxy posted:

The longer Asuka goes undefeated the bigger of a problem it's gonna be unless they sign some super-indy prospect or Joshi to take the title off her. :v:

Sign Hojo pls

Actually, just sign the entirety of Threedom, and have them win the WWE Universal Title.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Senerio posted:

Actually, just sign the entirety of Threedom, and have them win the WWE Title.

Agreed.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqlbnr1rha8

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

I think they need to be hiring more of these kinds of women because so many of the current WWE/NXT women are sooo sloppy and I assume some (not all) of it is due to them not being all that high caliber athletes.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

Alexa's shoot height is somewhere between 4'10" and 4'11". Fake boobs on her would look ridiculous

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Again the NXT tapings are tonight.

Right so key dates:

The next WWE tryout: September 28-30th.
The start for the next NXT class: October 18
The Women's tournament start: January and February 2017
CWC 2: May until July 2017

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Sigma posted:

Alexa's shoot height is somewhere between 4'10" and 4'11". Fake boobs on her would look ridiculous

wait isn't 4"10' the legal height to be considered a dwarf?

Is Alexa Bliss legally a dwarf???

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'd say she's more 5'0" if not 5'1". Either way, she's above dwarf height. I would believe if she was a legit dwarf, there would be health problems or at the very least problems with her mobility. There are accomplished dwarf gymnasts, even Olympians, but I doubt she could keep such a thing secret if she were legitimately one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Any word on how many women will be in the tournament? It'd be nice to see them try to find 32 women to keep it on par with the CWC.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

AMReese posted:

I'd say she's more 5'0" if not 5'1". Either way, she's above dwarf height. I would believe if she was a legit dwarf, there would be health problems or at the very least problems with her mobility. There are accomplished dwarf gymnasts, even Olympians, but I doubt she could keep such a thing secret if she were legitimately one.

Not necessarily. Being dwarf-height and having dwarfism is not necessarily the same thing. If she was an actual dwarf there'd be proportional issues, but I've heard of 4'11-ish adults who don't technically have dwarfism.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I forget, was there a kayfabe or otherwise reason as to why the CWC didn't have anyone from the main roster, and only 2 people from NXT despite plenty meeting the weight restriction? I ask this since you could argue the main roster is all fighting for the heavyweight championship, but you couldn't really say that for a women's tournament. In general I'm sure the reason is to elevate new stars people might not know, even if everyone watching the CWC probably knows Gargano & Ciampa.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

Again the NXT tapings are tonight.

Right so key dates:

The next WWE tryout: September 28-30th.
The start for the next NXT class: October 18
The Women's tournament start: January and February 2017
CWC 2: May until July 2017

no Dusty Classic?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Bard Maddox posted:

no Dusty Classic?

Announced at the tapings with the final at the toronto takeover. No idea how many teams or who will be in it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I willed it into existence

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

Another name attending the WWE tryouts in Orlando, Florida at the WWE Performance Center at the end of the month is Julie Real.

Real is a singer and model. She has been training at Brian Kendrick’s wrestling School, Santino Brother’s Academy in preparation for her tryout.

She also has been training in Brazilian JiuJitsu in the Los Angeles, California area.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/julie-real-to-attend-wwe-tryout/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

no Dusty Classic?

no, Dusty Classic

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfeXvBk8ASk

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Tweak posted:

I forget, was there a kayfabe or otherwise reason as to why the CWC didn't have anyone from the main roster, and only 2 people from NXT despite plenty meeting the weight restriction? I ask this since you could argue the main roster is all fighting for the heavyweight championship, but you couldn't really say that for a women's tournament. In general I'm sure the reason is to elevate new stars people might not know, even if everyone watching the CWC probably knows Gargano & Ciampa.

Technically Swann is also from NXT, despite having I think one tv appearance 6 months ago. The point was to bring in new people and get them known before the Cruiserweight division starts on Raw. If they just brought in, say, Jack Gallagher and had him wrestle Neville people would just wonder who this Vaudevillain looking jobber is, whereas now they can say "oh he's the guy who got to the third round of the CWC, here's some clips" and people suddenly (theoretically) care about the match. They've already got that recognition for the Raw and NXT guys, so they don't need them to be in the CWC.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

Sawyer Fulton has changed... or as @johnblud calls him, "Max Moon 2016"

And uh... what the gently caress is up with your rear end, Tino?

AMReese fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 16, 2016

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Are Tino and Riddick Moss a tag team? I could see that working. Also what the hell do they see in Sawyer Fulton to keep trying all these different gimmicks?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

Are Tino and Riddick Moss a tag team? I could see that working. Also what the hell do they see in Sawyer Fulton to keep trying all these different gimmicks?

It's NXT taping stuff. Both are part of the Dusty Tag Team Classic

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

So who's going to pair with her to make SLAMMED! a reality

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

He's pretty fuckin' tall, bro

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

quote:

Excited for the Tremor Brothers to make their NXT debut

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Guh. Guwah... Gwehh...

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
so this is a relatively minor spoiler, but we now know who Sanity is: Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton. bit of a letdown

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's a good thing they hired her, she's so poor she can't even afford pants! :ohdear:

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

abraham linksys posted:

so this is a relatively minor spoiler, but we now know who Sanity is: Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton. bit of a letdown

Couple names missing here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's pretty fuckin' tall, bro

Worked for Baron Corbin

• Locked thread