Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Hey for all we know it'll lead to the Space Texans learning how to reverse-engineer and manufacture their own Atlases or tacnuke Arrow IVs or some poo poo, let's not make any assumptions.

I said "probably". :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holybat
Dec 22, 2006

I made this while you were asleep.
Voting for C

Dav
Nov 6, 2009
D

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
D

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
B

the JJ fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Sep 15, 2016

UrbanUrsine
Oct 17, 2007
I'm with all those people torn between C, D, and F, for exactly the same reasons. These choices are all so good!

Voting D.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
F

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I just can't pick! Too many good options! I think I'll be satisfied with whatever you guys choose.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Voting C

Clanners all suck and the only good clanner is a dead one. So here is our chance to kill them on both sides.

Soup Inspector
Jun 5, 2013
Going with E because even if F and D sound hilarious, and the other options sound pretty rad too, I can't resist the (potential) siren call of Death Commando shenanigans

(Now watch as it turns out the Death Commandos and/or Capellans aren't involved at all, or only in a very minor way, and I end up looking like a dumbass :ssh:)

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Soup Inspector posted:

Going with E because even if F and D sound hilarious, and the other options sound pretty rad too, I can't resist the (potential) siren call of Death Commando shenanigans

(Now watch as it turns out the Death Commandos and/or Capellans aren't involved at all, or only in a very minor way, and I end up looking like a dumbass :ssh:)

Turns out it's something even more down to earth and low-tech than F. Like taking command of a fleet of catering trucks as they travel from one end of the city to another. Can the players navigate the tight, winding roads of [insert planet here]? Can they edge through the light just before it turns from yellow to red? Thrills! Chills! But hopefully not spills, or it's coming out of their paychecks!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I want to see E on the off-chance it's a FWL operation and goons get to try and unfuck a SAFE op that's going wrong.

Sair
May 11, 2007

F for Fury Road. I hope D-company does okay though.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey
Current tally:

A: 2
B: 14
C: 31
D: 23
E: 12
F: 38

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

gently caress, all of these sound good.

Still, voting F.

Please be an Urbie, please be an Urbie...

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I mean if it weren't for Fury Road I would have voted the "dunk on a Clan so hard they disown themselves" mission in a heartbeat so I really want to see that happen also. In fact most of these, except any where the Clans might win against someone other than another Clan, should all happen. Simultaneously.

ptn is up to running scenarios like a grandmaster plays chess right? :getin:

Saint Celestine
Dec 17, 2008

Lay a fire within your soul and another between your hands, and let both be your weapons.
For one is faith and the other is victory and neither may ever be put out.

- Saint Sabbat, Lessons
Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

I mean if it weren't for Fury Road I would have voted the "dunk on a Clan so hard they disown themselves" mission in a heartbeat so I really want to see that happen also. In fact most of these, except any where the Clans might win against someone other than another Clan, should all happen. Simultaneously.

ptn is up to running scenarios like a grandmaster plays chess right? :getin:

This makes me want to vote D. But... Fury Road.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Still, voting F.

A Star League prototype assault mech, 1/2 movement profile, one ML, one SRM 2, one LRM 10 and a whooping two AC/5.

It's going to be the scariest beast around since everyone else is kitted in primitive technology.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Saint Celestine posted:

I know, right?

seriously, PTN, how open to bribery are you to make sure Operation: Chaos Dunk The Widowmakers takes place even if it doesn't win the vote

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Saint Celestine posted:

Mission options have carried over before.The Demon Hawks missions stayed around for two or three votes before we finally picked them for the campaign.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
Gotta vote F

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Scintilla posted:

Mission options have carried over before.The Demon Hawks missions stayed around for two or three votes before we finally picked them for the campaign.

Different ones each time though -- there was a whole thing with the Bounty Hunter that happened off-screen

heck one of the Rose (not Jeremiah unfortunately) family died offscreen in one of the fluff updates

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I wonder why B isn't more popular, wouldn't you all want to trounce the older players by being even more awesome and trying to top Dadlas record?

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
All these people watching guys with elite pilots operating massive cutting edge post-Clantech mechs are going to be so nonplussed to be put into 15 ton dune buggies with Material Rifles and 7p8g operators.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Pilot stats are meant to be relative, so that's not likely.

I hope they get nothing but infantry and light vehicles.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

goatface posted:

The one guy in the dusty UrbanMech will be p1g0 with Phantom Mech abilities.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

They'll remember Gramps Ath in his death machine PPC party ride and look across the field to the most terrifying enemy they are facing: a fully functional Vedette. And it will be a greater threat to the goonfor than Ath was.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

C

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

goatface posted:

Given that PTN already said there's not going to be any player mechs, that seems likely.

TildeATH posted:

All these people watching guys with elite pilots operating massive cutting edge post-Clantech mechs are going to be so nonplussed to be put into 15 ton dune buggies with Material Rifles and 7p8g operators.

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be waiting 2+ years to play in this thread and find out that F is what you get to play. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain PTN will make it interesting, but I could understand some people being a bit disappointed at being given a bunch of periphery tanks for their go.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Whoever read this thread for 2 years, is BT crazy enough to have fun whatever. And if they sperg out about muh stats, this scenario might be a good cure. This thread is an incredible friendly place.
Except when people dogpile a certain person for making dark foreshadowing posts :D.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

TildeATH posted:

I'm probably up for piloting and I'm looking forward to it! I voted for C because I'd like to see Demon Hawks D company in action, but for piloting I'd prefer something more lovely and less high stakes. Because I know nothing about battletech.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Still, voting F.

Or a Locust... with a strange bird-like skeleton in the cockpit.

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

Shoeless posted:

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be waiting 2+ years to play in this thread and find out that F is what you get to play. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain PTN will make it interesting, but I could understand some people being a bit disappointed at being given a bunch of periphery tanks for their go.

I expect each player will be given multiple vehicles to compensate. That's how the last tank battle played out.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Shoeless posted:

Turns out it's something even more down to earth and low-tech than F. Like taking command of a fleet of catering trucks as they travel from one end of the city to another. Can the players navigate the tight, winding roads of [insert planet here]? Can they edge through the light just before it turns from yellow to red? Thrills! Chills! But hopefully not spills, or it's coming out of their paychecks!

Shreck Bistro's time has finally arrived.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Scintilla posted:

I expect each player will be given multiple vehicles to compensate. That's how the last tank battle played out.

Even then, it's just a matter of what an individual person would find fun. Some people would be super happy to be getting to play a unique, fun-oriented mission. Some people might be disappointed that they missed getting to roll around with King Dadlas and murder Clanners by one mission. (Or do any of the Andurien facing missions this vote, etc).

I'm sure anybody who doesn't want to dune buggy will be given an option to pass, under the circumstances. PTN isn't exactly an iron fisted tyrant.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

SIGSEGV posted:

A Star League prototype assault mech, 1/2 movement profile, one ML, one SRM 2, one LRM 10 and a whooping two AC/5.

It's going to be the scariest beast around since everyone else is kitted in primitive technology.

Whatever it turns out to be, I promise it won't be a Wasp.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

PoptartsNinja posted:

Whatever it turns out to be, I promise it won't be a Wasp.

Wasp IIC incoming y'all.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shoeless posted:

If it turns into a boring, unfun slog the players will carry over into the next mission.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

TildeATH posted:

Wasp IIC incoming y'all.

Nah, this whole mission's a reference to HBS's BattleTech. I explicitly set it on one of the worlds in the Aurigan Reach.

Dunno what that world's climate is, but as long as it's not a single-biome ocean or swamp a desert can turn up anywhere right?

Edit: That was not the edit button, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

C

Really want both, probably want F more on its own, but I want to make sure we finish what we started with the Clanner defections.

• Locked thread