Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

StrixNebulosa posted:

Does anyone know of any good SHMUP LPs? I'm looking in particular for vertical scrolling SHMUPs, but any will do - finished, ongoing, unfinished, whatever. Thanks!

You'll need archives for all of this, but here's Touhou 7-9 by Rising-Grandpa and here's 10-13 by Tsym

Tsym also did Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label in the Hard Games Thread a few years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The Deus Ex series really seems like something id love but never really got into. Any LP really good at showing everything off? Preferably single person and completionist. Humor is optional

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

The Deus Ex series really seems like something id love but never really got into. Any LP really good at showing everything off? Preferably single person and completionist. Humor is optional

For the original Deus Ex (it doesn't show everything off, but that's because it's literally impossible to do in a single run, or in two, or in three, or in whatever number of runs) the gold standard is Bobbin Threadbare's Lecture series. Idk about Human Revolution and Invisible War, though, and I don't expect a good completionist LP of Mankind Divided to come up until at least a few months or maybe even years later.

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 7, 2016

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
IW and HR were only done by unfair and he's kind of sleep-inducing.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

How about multiplayer LPs? For awhile, years ago, the Freelance Astronauts' run of New Super Mario Bros Wii was my go-to source of laughs if I needed a pick-me-up. Anything similar these days? PreferablyIf possible not a split-screen setup since I find those hard to follow, especially first-person split-screen.

Definitely not 'these days', but the Worms Armageddon multiplayer videos by Psychedelic Eyeball et co. are a classic. Contains one Armageddon tournament with teams, and some fresher just-for-laughs Worms matches.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Everyone knows the only good Deus Ex LP was Fat Black JC Denton, but it's magnificence was so great that the internet couldn't handle it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

the_american_dream posted:

Kuvo did a completionist LP of human revolution. It's really quite intricate and proficient. But it's a dual person LP, if that turns you off.

gokai
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone know of a VLP of a srpg with someone really good at the game. I really like the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance sslp in the lparchive but I just enjoy vlp's more.

InstantReplayLive
Apr 4, 2016

SUCKS
Taking recommendations for small LPers who are highly community engaged (replies to comments, plays games with viewers, that sort of thing).

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug

gokai posted:

Anyone know of a VLP of a srpg with someone really good at the game. I really like the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance sslp in the lparchive but I just enjoy vlp's more.

MaterialConcenptual has done a few. He's not a grand master in the games but he knows what he's doing, and he has some interesting insight to the games:

FFT Rebirth: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3665979

Front Mission 5 (which he helped do the fan translation of): http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3704920

Currently he is doing Front Mission on the DS: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3777508

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

InstantReplayLive posted:

Taking recommendations for small LPers who are highly community engaged (replies to comments, plays games with viewers, that sort of thing).

Homphgomph's The Witness LP is a chill, casual affair with a relatively small viewerbase, and he does take the time to address pretty much every reply in the thread, if not going as far as direct interactivity.

E: if that doesn't fit your criteria, consider a reccomendation for the thread in general. :v:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

gokai posted:

I can't seem to paste links on this dumb phone but look up ARavingLoon on YT, he plays all kinds of stuff but frequently does strategy / simulation games. His stuff is mostly streams that he puts on YT so you can also catch live stuff on hitbox.tv/ARavingLoon or something like that. He should also have completed playlists on YT, so if you need 80 hours of Front Mission 3 (and who doesn't) you can find it there.

Bellophon
Sep 26, 2012

gokai posted:

Really Pants is doing a subtitled VLP of Valkyria Chronicles, although it has some screenshots for giving info between missions.

gokai
Dec 10, 2012
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm checking those out right now.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

TWIST FIST posted:

does anyone have a link to the liberal crime squad lp?

Asking about this again just in case

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

TWIST FIST posted:

Asking about this again just in case

Which one?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Any of them are fine, thank you and god bless :patriot:

ritcheyz
Dec 25, 2008

You've gotta be crazy
Gotta have a real need

Wayne posted:

Ritcheyz actually came back, posted 2 more updates then disappeared again 2 months ago.

Yeah, sorry bout the lack of updates, but I moved and it's been a bit of a challenge to record :V

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone suggest some lpers who play stellaris, especially if they play multiplayer? Other paradox games are also good, as well as other strategy games. I'm already aware of arumba, quill18 and Marbozir

ScurvyKip
May 15, 2009

Look Rubedo, I'm free!
Are there any good 100% LPs of the Kingdom Hearts series around? On or off forums, doesn't matter to me. I'm looking for more informative than comedic, but if they're both, that works too.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone suggest some lpers who play stellaris, especially if they play multiplayer? Other paradox games are also good, as well as other strategy games. I'm already aware of arumba, quill18 and Marbozir

Paradox actually produce LPs of their own games. They hired LPer cKnoor of SA and BloodBowl fame to be their "stream producer". It's a job you can have these days! http://youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Oh, so that's what happened to cKnoor.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Samuel Clemens posted:

He just wasn't the same man after having suffered Duke Nukem Forever.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
I want to have a job playing chiĺl video games like Cities: Skylines too.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Patrick Spens posted:

Does anybody know of and Dark Souls (or Bloodborne) LPs that are a) Done by someone who knows what they are doing, and b) edited? Something like that Level 1 playthough that go abandoned because the LPer went loco.

Genocyber is currently doing an excellent informative LP of Bloodbourne that is not getting nearly enough love.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

StoryTime posted:

Paradox actually produce LPs of their own games. They hired LPer cKnoor of SA and BloodBowl fame to be their "stream producer". It's a job you can have these days! http://youtube.com/user/ParadoxExtra

Wow! I had no idea. Good for him, but bad for us I guess.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This may be a weird request: Are there any LPers out there that play a sort of competitive version of Minecraft that isn't just slapping each other with diamond swords? As in, they form teams/factions and actually build and fight each other? I swear I saw something like this years ago but it could have been a fever dream.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Verranicus posted:

This may be a weird request: Are there any LPers out there that play a sort of competitive version of Minecraft that isn't just slapping each other with diamond swords? As in, they form teams/factions and actually build and fight each other? I swear I saw something like this years ago but it could have been a fever dream.

Are you thinking of the Mindcrack Ultra Hardcore Runs?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiENptMXpSk

There's been a bunch of them, with videos from a bunch of people, but I think that's one of the most recent runs. I haven't followed them in ages, and even back then it was only a couple people over a couple seasons.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Samuel Clemens posted:

Check this: Stellaris' lead AI developer is Wiz, the dude who did the Crusader Kings Serbia and Azerbaijan LPs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Any good vlps of KOTOR 2?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Does anybody else enjoy lets plays of old adventure games?
Leigh Alexander https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzg7o-TF7gA
yahtzee19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySUiUxqgew

I'd prefer complete run throughs with chill commentary but open to anything that looks like its run through DOS.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Lampsacus posted:

Does anybody else enjoy lets plays of old adventure games?
Leigh Alexander https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzg7o-TF7gA
yahtzee19 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dySUiUxqgew

I'd prefer complete run throughs with chill commentary but open to anything that looks like its run through DOS.

Holy crap actual not-longplays LPs of old stuff. Thanks.
Someone needs to swat them with a rolled newspaper and tell them not to stretch the video, though :rant:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Are there any good Prison Architect LPs/archived streams out there? Tutorial-ish would be cool, but really as long as they're playing the main game mode and not playing like a complete dumbass I'm interested.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
RealSovietBear's LSD: Dream Emulator LP is shaping up to be something real special.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Bogart posted:

RealSovietBear's LSD: Dream Emulator LP is shaping up to be something real special.

Here's a link if you want to check it out

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for this, so apologies if it's not.
I recall some time ago (I think around the time Diablo 3 or its expansion came out?), someone (I believe it was one of Pokecapn's posse, although not Pokecapn himself. I'm thinking KFJ or MyNameIsKaz although I didn't see it on their youtubes. I don't think it was Medibot?) did an LP of Diablo 2 playing as a Necromancer and with the gimmick that, besides the initial monster killed to create their first skeleton, they would never directly click on an enemy the entire game.

I can't seem to find it. Anyone remember it/got a link?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I remember it, but I can't find it either. It was something like a "chill" necromancer or something like that. But it looks like it didn't get archived. And there's a million lovely D2 LPs on YouTube.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
It was MyNameisKaz

Magna Apologia Diaboli

First video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6u9Ia33hRQ

SpruceZeus
Aug 13, 2011

here ya go

e:f;b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Not sure how I missed it. Thanks, you two.