Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Quelling Strikes is a good way to see how painful the rest of the run is going to be. If I either a) pull hate off the tank with my opening rotation with QS, or b) am the only one of 4-5 DPSes using QS, and I'm still #2 on the hate list before QS even wears off, Bad Times are going to be had in the near future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its also a good distance closer.

the joke is that you use it to jump off the platform of the boss of the day where it's possible to do that (atm, ozma)

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
also i never use quelling strikes because how are these guys supposed to learn to push buttons if i go out of my way to coddle them anyways. it's called tough love.

for most rando tanks i get though it's not single target that's the problem, it's when you start rolling windbite/venom on three dudes and they don't pay attention to the other two

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Suitaru posted:

greetings, my son, have you heard of fell cleave :getin:

I'm just happy when I push 6k with Forbidden Chakra. :smith: I actually got excited once when I saw a Bootshine crit for 3700.

Come on yoship, give us back 500 potency Tornado Kick. I won't abuse it I promise :)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Suitaru posted:

greetings, my son, have you heard of fell cleave :getin:

oh it's good and I love it, but dragoon is my true love.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Gizmo Chicken posted:

Dungeon gear.

Aren't those cowboy sets exactly the same as the current dungeon gear? The Wrangler set. Or am I going blind?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Apartment, aquarium and Orchestrion info:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5cfaa4fdc0e2e32361222846377b75c7125e7977

Sounds like nice additions!

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Aren't those cowboy sets exactly the same as the current dungeon gear? The Wrangler set. Or am I going blind?

It's a recolor of the Red Thief/Ghost Thief set from the Arboretum/Pharos HM series of dungeons.

Man, I am really bummed they're falling back on the recolor train AGAIN for dungeon gear so soon after the Aery recolor poo poo.

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 15, 2016

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

fount of knowledge posted:

It's a recolor of the Red Thief/Ghost Thief set from the Arboretum/Pharos HM series of dungeons.

Man, I am really bummed they're falling back on the recolor train AGAIN for dungeon gear so soon after the Aery recolor poo poo.

I would have been happier if it was all vault recolor at least, instead of recoloring of gear that it feels like just came out.
Also the brd/mch recolor is way shitter than the original. I actually kinda like the checkerboard pattern of the vault recolors.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
I'm assuming they're recolours just so that they don't have to add 4 brand new sets of gear. It was the same back in 2.4 as well, when we had 3 new sets + the myth gear in dungeons.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Yeah I'm okay with dungeon gear being recolors since we're getting New Tomestone Gear AND Crafted gear AND Alex Tier 3 gear.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I want the Alex 3 gear to be cosplay of the Midas robots. Creator's Armor of Blasting. Creator's Armor of Onslaught. :black101:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

drunk asian neighbor posted:

am the only one of 4-5 DPSes using QS

situationally bad metric, monks can't use quelling strikes

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Saigyouji posted:

I'm assuming they're recolours just so that they don't have to add 4 brand new sets of gear. It was the same back in 2.4 as well, when we had 3 new sets + the myth gear in dungeons.

Yeah. They did dungeon gear recolors for 3.2 when they added all the 220 crafted gearsets, too.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

I want the Alex 3 gear to be cosplay of the Midas robots. Creator's Armor of Blasting. Creator's Armor of Onslaught. :black101:

Tanks clearly get Creator's Armor of Brute Justice then and it'll be a non-dyable rainbow nightmare.

Real talk, will the final boss live up to the hype of Illuminati Sentai Gob-V and their theme song featuring the cheers and wishes of all good Goblin children everywhere?

I hope next years Summer festival event has the Legacy Rangers Fighting them.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Tanks clearly get Creator's Armor of Brute Justice then and it'll be a non-dyable rainbow nightmare.

Real talk, will the final boss live up to the hype of Illuminati Sentai Gob-V and their theme song featuring the cheers and wishes of all good Goblin children everywhere?

i would like to fight alexander

the thing sitting in the lake, not the core or w/e

nothing will be as cool as this so i'm already prepared for disappointment

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It looks like MegaFaust at least may be fought outside of Alex if that teaser screenshot is accurate, but my kokoro wish for a12 is still a fight on top of Alexander's head while it stomps around the hinterlands blowing poo poo up. Because that would own.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I love A8S but its also a stupid fight and way too loving long. Right now we have to play through 9 minutes of fight to just work on something new, and we still have two more phases after gavel to worry about.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
We're probably getting the 3.4 trailer on Saturday since they're doing part 2 of the preview at TGS, and we're only a week and a half out at this point, so maybe we'll see the A12 boss then.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Thundarr posted:

It looks like MegaFaust at least may be fought outside of Alex if that teaser screenshot is accurate, but my kokoro wish for a12 is still a fight on top of Alexander's head while it stomps around the hinterlands blowing poo poo up. Because that would own.

See I want the opposite, I want Alex to start moving but get toppled by some clever plan from Garland Ironworks Company and the Idyllshire goblins and then you fight on top of it like the beached Arsenal Gear. Let the NPC cast actually matter while you're inside loving up all the Illuminati pots and pans and then have a big metal gear fight on top of the corpse of the Gob-Brass God.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Alexander is literally a giant mech so I would be stunned if we do not see it at least move about the Hinterlands. What I really want is for the Ironworks to create mechs of their own to combat it. What's I'm saying is that I want a boss fight like the last few levels of Wonderful 101, where you are you with all your skills but also in a giant mech, fighting it out in some field.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

See, my kokoro wish is that Cid builds his own giant mech to fight Alexander and you do... something. Main tank gets to form the head.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
if the last Alex fight turns into a Goemon Impact battle im 100% ok with it

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Hey, if you want to make some money - go buy out some of the rare (and not so rare) fish. There will no doubt be a spike in fish prices for people who want aquariums but don't want to level fishing.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I've leveled fishing but even after hitting 60 I dread starting on Big Fishing. I'm kind of tempted to just buy my way through that sidequest line.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
How are they going to fit all these Nepto Dragons into a piddly little Aquarium tho

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
What's the coolest looking fish I have the stats to catch any of them

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cheetah7071 posted:

http://en.ff14angler.com/fish/158

i'd pay money for this one tbh

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SettingSun posted:

Alexander is literally a giant mech so I would be stunned if we do not see it at least move about the Hinterlands. What I really want is for the Ironworks to create mechs of their own to combat it. What's I'm saying is that I want a boss fight like the last few levels of Wonderful 101, where you are you with all your skills but also in a giant mech, fighting it out in some field.

Ok I'd be down with everybody getting their own giant robot. Especially if those giant robots share your character's haircut so you can fight Alexander with the power of Friendship and Pompadours.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 15, 2016

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Aetherochemical_Compound_123

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
guys

GUYS

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Cupfish

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

SettingSun posted:

im imagining a lallafel black mage riding on top of a giant robot, completely missing the point, continuing to cast normal-sized Fire 4s from the open cockpit

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

AweStriker posted:

situationally bad metric, monks can't use quelling strikes

That's exactly my point, if I'm the only one using an emnity-reducing skill and I'm still drawing more emnity than everyone else, it tells me that everyone else is doing really low DPS.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

:kimchi:

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Alex fight has a quarantine mechanic where you get sent back in time, but it's all 16 bit

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Farg posted:

Alex fight has a quarantine mechanic where you get sent back in time, but it's all 16 bit

FF1 battle music plays. WARMECH appears!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

I really hope that the GC rank requirement isn't an indication that you'll only be able to get an apartment in the ward of your GC. It's probably just there as another gate with the level requirement to keep alts and gil sellers out though.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If I snag hate it's after I'm done with my opener or near finished with it. If it's a minor trial or something I'll just hold hate for a second until I have a clear chance to do it. Depending on the fight I can just aim at the wall and not really even get out of melee range. It's possible to use the skill without really slowing yourself down or losing out on too much dps.

Would it be possible to spin around and elusive jump through your target? I mean, I don't have remotely the dexterity to pull it off, but it'd be pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Thundarr posted:

Don't think so small. Alexander can time travel!

Fighting on top of Alexander's head while it stomps through the timeline

• Locked thread