Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vat of Lead
Sep 21, 2008

5/8/09 Never Forget
Does anyone know the secret to downloading the WFMU episodes as real media or mp3 or whatever format from the archive? The streaming player is bumming me out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe

Vat of Lead posted:

Does anyone know the secret to downloading the WFMU episodes as real media or mp3 or whatever format from the archive? The streaming player is bumming me out

https://mega.nz/#F!IhMUHSbT!bd9x_zzfj2lFfm8_dkvD_A

Vat of Lead
Sep 21, 2008

5/8/09 Never Forget

oh brudder this is the motherlode, thank you!

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Loved the Jim Morrison talk on this week's mini-ep (which felt like a double-HHOP) (which is a good thing)

Also love the return of Tom's weird self-sabotaging Draft Kings ad reads. Kinda surprised that Draft Kings is still legal.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol I was just going to say the Jim Morrison thing was great too.

Summer's over! Gotta get my ninja turtles lunch box

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
The cat scratch fever bit from this week was hilarious. Especially since the kid calling didn't know what Tom was talking about.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Solid ep, even tho no Wurster. I loved the Greg Gutfeld / Faith No More moron alarm part.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

SNOOCHIE BOOCHIES

That kid was a champ and broke the streak of Steven Universe callers being awful. Great episode in general.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

WrathOfBlade posted:

SNOOCHIE BOOCHIES

That kid was a champ and broke the streak of Steven Universe callers being awful. Great episode in general.

that kid was a good sport

I loved the story of Terre T pulling a knife on the drunk frat guy who wandered in and crashed on their couch

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Are there more this week? The Steven universe weebs are the worst callers I have ever heard and I'm sad that they all seem to have found out about the show.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Am I inferring correctly from this week's show that the Pomplemoose guy offended Tom by not knowing he lives in New Jersey and that's why he refuses to make a Patreon for the Best Show

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Is he talking about the YouTube-based band Pomplamoose, or is there some other entertainment entity with a Patreon account with a similar sounding name?

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Tatumje posted:

Is he talking about the YouTube-based band Pomplamoose, or is there some other entertainment entity with a Patreon account with a similar sounding name?

Ya, that guy from the band in the car commercials started Patreon.

I'm about an hour in to the new show and saw twitter explode last night, cannot WAIT for Matt Skiba call

(e: it was just as amazing as I thought it'd be)

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Sep 8, 2016

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Whoops. I knew that Conte started or helped to start Patreon, but the mispronunciation of the band name threw me off.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Is there a particularly large trans fanbase for the best show? I've noticed more than a few callers who have female names and identify as female but who have really male-sounding voices.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I think there's been a few regulars who have started calling in over the past few weeks. Like three i think call in from Ithaca

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yeah Jessica from Ithaca is one of the folks I was thinking about, but there was also someone named Collette who called in this past week

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
There's also the vegan transgirl who works in a deli and has called a bunch lately. I like her.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

CaptainPsyko posted:

There's also the vegan transgirl who works in a deli and has called a bunch lately. I like her.

I think her name was Erin, Tom mistook it for Aaron at first and it took a couple hints for him to figure it out.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Toebone posted:

I think her name was Erin, Tom mistook it for Aaron at first and it took a couple hints for him to figure it out.

In fairness, I like her but her phone sucks.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

CaptainPsyko posted:

In fairness, I like her but her phone sucks.

This is how I feel about a lot of callers.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

CaptainPsyko posted:

Her story of opening a used Bronski Beat album and finding a photo and love letter in it was amazing. I also like her. She has a pretty good rapport with Tom.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Holy poo poo that Matt skiba call was awkward. I was kind of surprised how hard Tom was on him.

Was also surprised at how willing he was to say blink 182 sucks.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
Matt constantly saying "I value you, Tom" as a deflection was super weird and awkward.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah that whole thing was awkward and not particularly interesting, the only good part was Tom continuing to sing the "She left me roses by the stairs" and the na na na na na stuff during and after the call.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't really get what was going on. Was he a planned guest?

I kind of felt bad for him. Like, he was clearly a fan of the show I kind of wanted to hear what he had to say but tom was just gunning for him right out of the gate. Of course, he was also just incredibly awkward and timid and probably wouldn't have been a great caller anyways.

beeman
May 7, 2008

came here to comment on how loving weird the matt skiba phone call was lmao

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
I can't be the only one who thought the Burlington Coat Factory dude with a disability was going to be the e-cigarettes for legs guy, can I?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

beeman posted:

came here to comment on how loving weird the matt skiba phone call was lmao

I appreciate you

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Riptor posted:

I appreciate you

"So like, how would you get someone in to The Residents"

"I wouldn't"

Dude was reaching so hard for cool points, it was heartbreaking

beeman
May 7, 2008

I actually can't get my head around why Tom finds anthropomorphic food so disgusting lol. I wonder if it's from some kind of childhood trauma

it was so funny every time he (seemingly unintentionally) referred to seth rogan as joe rogan

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imo it was probably intentional but we aren't supposed to know that. Tom really likes to play up how little he knows about things he thinks are stupid but the guy is pretty much a walking pop culture dictionary.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tom's art bell laugh is the best

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
It's been a day and I still can't stop thinking about Flava Flav photoboming a sick child.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
I did not expect to get closure on the sleeping caller. A great Best Show!

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
I wish Tom would only take calls if there is a topic on the table. I still can't decide whether or not it was a bit that VEGAS STORIES was not the topic.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
!!!

https://twitter.com/scharpling/status/776831752362921984

beeman
May 7, 2008

ah man i can't wait

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I've loved listening to toms enjoyment of impractical jokers go from total irony
to zero irony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

This episode was seriously one for the ages. The Impractical Jokers reckoning was amazing, the way Sal recounted friends telling "ooh Tom said this this week", I was dying. Great Gary.

and of course
https://twitter.com/holdingcourtpod/status/778442441212899328