Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Lana will have been released from prison by this time and is the special prosecutor at the end of AA7.
I want a flashback case with Lana and Gant on the prosecution side.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Waffleman_ posted:

Lana will have been released from prison by this time and is the special prosecutor at the end of AA7.

Holy poo poo I forgot about Lana

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Case 5 Inv 2 God, I can't wait to investigate with Nick, Edgeworth, AND Rayfa! *ka-tonk*

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Case 3: "In my country, suspects are innocent until proven guilty." I... I can't... there's got to be no topping this.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Waffleman_ posted:

I want Franziska to be happy with her wife Adrian.

Yes, this please.

Waffleman_ posted:

I would be down for this, too.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I want a flashback case with Lana and Gant on the prosecution side.

That would be horrifying given the current spritework and I love it. Face them off against Byrne Faraday and Calisto Yew, have Tyrell Badd give evidence for the state, just a full-on case of deception and falsehoods. End the flashback with Edgeworth talking about the "Prosecutor Purge" or something.

Case 2 - concerning Retinz and his desire to gently caress over every last Gramayre out there he could have spared himself the the trouble since every Gramayre of the previous two generations were brilliant at screwing themselves over, or at best being victim to some heinous bullshit courtesy Magnifi Gramayre. He seemed like a real bastard; Tracy upholds the legend but still seems too young to get her head around how badly adults complicate their lives and each other. Hell, had Retinz just let Mistree steal the journal the resulting drama could have made some reality trash TV bank for him. But nope, he had to go full vengeance mode.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it'd be cool if franziska came back and she was more well rounded as a person

seeking the truth like edgeworth but still willing to whip an idiot for being an idiot

I was kind of thinking that couldn't Datz be a future assistant to apollo? i mean he was a soldier and a total troll in the game but he did work for dhurke and it was a lawyer revolution... I have no idea what his special court mechanic would be if he was on the player's side though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's been 10 years, there's no way Fran hasn't matured from being a dumb teenager.

Also, I think you mean whipping a fool for being a fool.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It's been 10 years, there's no way Fran hasn't matured from being a dumb teenager.

It's also Ace Attorney, so there's no way that she has.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Franziska was kind of that way in T&T. She did nothing underhanded, and she'd only whip Nick, Larry and the Judge. Well, and Edgey if he pressed Bikini about her bath time. She kind of regressed in Investigations, but she was in a pretty good place at the end of Investigations 2.

Also I beat Spirit of Justice. It had some of the issues I also had with DD, but on the whole, it was an excellent Ace Attorney game. I did pretty heavily dislike how (endgame spoiler) the motivation for every case 5 character and their grandmother was "blackmail," with the exception of the actual main villain and Inga, the one character for whom it would have been an interesting twist.

It may also have had the most on-point cast of any Ace Attorney game.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Fair.

I want to see Interpol Chief Franziska von Karma and Los Angeles Chief of Police Dick Gumshoe team up.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

you either get Ema returning where she's changed as a person, or you get Pearl in AA5 where she's still written like she's 8 years old

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

you either get Ema returning where she's changed as a person, or you get Pearl in AA5 where she's still written like she's 8 years old

They went for a half and half with Ema in AA6 and I think that worked pretty well.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

C-Case 3, no. Case 3, why? "I guess I've outgrown that stepladder argument we always have..."

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Athena's double desk slam is such a tiny little thing for how widely it makes me grin.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

theshim posted:

Athena's double desk slam is such a tiny little thing for how widely it makes me grin.

I always blink during it so I never catch it.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

theshim posted:

Athena has the best desk-slamming animations of any attorney in the whole series. They're just so fluid. Her double-handed one where she leans into it is great but her basic left-hander is just spectacular.

Anyway is it me or do the writers really like musical references?

Case 1: (funnier because I recently watched a certain episode of Person of Interest)

Case 2:

Case 3:

Case 5:

There's probably tons of these.

Anyway, case 5 megaspoilers:

The expression on that tiger.

Also, in attention to detail news:

(Case 5)

Check what Mr Atishon is doing with his left hand here. This is an actual thing with politicians! In the US some call it the Clinton Thumb, in the UK we know and despise it as the Tory Knuckle (which is a bit of a misnomer because Tony Blair loving loved doing it). All these names are a bit silly really because it's a thing that will be taught to anyone rich enough with their eyes on power by expensive image consultants of all ideological stripes. Anyway. It's a pointing-like gesture that isn't perceived as being as rude as actually pointing your index finger at somebody but psychologically grabs just as much attention.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 15, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Case 5 Trial 2 OH poo poo THE QUEEN HAS A VOICE CLIP OH poo poo SHE'S ON THE BENCH OH poo poo

E: WHAT THE gently caress WHAT THE gently caress WHAT THE gently caress

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedule posted:

In the US some call it the Clinton Thumb, in the UK we know and despise it as the Tory Knuckle (which is a bit of a misnomer because Tony Blair loving loved doing it).

Hm...

Tony Blair doing something very Tory. How strange...

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Case 5:

Armie Buff's design reminds me of someone else, but I can't place it. Also her mom is badass and I love the misdirection in that part of Armie's backstory.

"During the fire My mom cradled me in her arms....

...then she kicked out a window and jumped out."

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Okay, case 5 trial 2 is getting crazy go nuts. Pretty much exceeding 3-5.

E: Me, yesterday: Trial 1 is the hypest poo poo I've ever seen in this series.

Me, a bit ago: FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Sep 15, 2016

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

just wait till the game asks you "are you done going down this rabbit hole or do you loving WANT TO SEE MORE"

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Early Case 5 spoilers up to the end of the first investigation:

Dhurke going in serious mode is cool as hell and also, WHAT THE gently caress PHOENIX?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Case 4 Trial 1: I didn't realize how much I've missed Simon. :allears:

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Whatever happened to iris anyway?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ilifinicus posted:

just wait till the game asks you "are you done going down this rabbit hole or do you loving WANT TO SEE MORE"

I'M ALREADY THERE.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Night Blade posted:

Whatever happened to iris anyway?

She was in jail when that case was over due to her involvement of the crime as an accomplice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Case 5 day 2 is extremely good.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I never really got the impression that Pearl was written like an 8-year-old in the AA5 DLC. Phoenix still talks to her like she's a kid, but if you're a grown-up who's spent time with someone since they were eight, chances are you'll still treat them like they're a kid down the road (at least until they're tough enough to fight or drink with you)

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

The thing is that both Athena and Apollo treat her as if she's if she's much younger than them, but she's really only a year younger than Athena.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Case 5: Apollo pulling a Phoenix Wright on Phoenix Wright is incredible. I can't believe there's a second half to this case! so excited to play the rest out

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
They also didn't change her animations at all, which really just makes it look like she's the same person but taller. She should've changed the most of any character, not the least.

Maya's animations have sort of a similar problem, but in practice I think it turned out alright.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Momomo posted:

They also didn't change her animations at all, which really just makes it look like she's the same person but taller. She should've changed the most of any character, not the least.

Well, what're you basing that on, exactly?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
She went from being 9 to being 16, which is a pretty huge change developmental wise. She went from being immune to plot to being old enough that she could be accused of murder, for instance.

edit: I posted that and then immediately remembered case 1 of this game is literally defending a 9 year old. I think you get my point though.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Momomo posted:

She went from being 9 to being 16, which is a pretty huge change developmental wise. She went from being immune to plot to being old enough that she could be accused of murder, for instance.

The other thing that's really jarring is that Pearl is older than Trucy, and yet she doesn't act remotely as old.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I can accept Pearl acting much younger than she should (it was always her thing to be unexpectedly mature about some things and hopelessly innocent about others), but it does require some brain-twisting. Especially the fact that she apparently goes to a normal high school seems really incongruous with her personality. If she just dropped calling everyone Mr. Something, that would help immensely.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Who the heck raised Pearl while Maya was off in Khura'in? Isn't her mother in prison or something?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Kazy posted:

Who the heck raised Pearl while Maya was off in Khura'in? Isn't her mother in prison or something?

well, Maya was only in Khura'n for two years. I'm sure Pearl knows how to hold down the fort

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
So why did they retcon Kurain into Khura'in, anyways? Or are these two different things?

Irisize
Sep 30, 2014

I imagine being the only left person in the village that can channel spirits helped her quite a bit as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

HenryEx posted:

So why did they retcon Kurain into Khura'in, anyways? Or are these two different things?

2 different things. There's the Kingdom of Khura'in and Kurain Village. Kurain Village is comprised of Japanese immigrants that had roots from the Kingdom of Khura'in.