Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anglachel
May 28, 2012

Mystic Mongol posted:

It kind of has to be if all these Serv Bots are going to accomplish anything.

Have we seen any "give your team a damage boost" at common or uncommon yet? Like cause the little servo dudes seem to be there for crewing vehicles or being counted for the metal craft effects. Like at the moment I can't see myself not just putting the fabricate counters on the base creature (4/3 for 4 mana is respectable in limited) and making my dude big enough to stonewall their little robot army.

I haven't seen much at common or uncommon that makes me want to go wide with servos other than the Artifact Lord (I'm sure I've forgotten something)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Elyv posted:

E: that dwarf is in Ripley's construction mech from Aliens and I won't hear a word to the contrary

100% gonna slam this and shout "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH" every time

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

anglachel posted:

Have we seen any "give your team a damage boost" at common or uncommon yet?
Yes indeed!

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKXMj9Ch0Xx/

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

:captainpop:

Maybe one day there can be a racing plane/block, either podracing or ben hur (ancient podracing). Wasn't one of the planeshift cards a giant hippodrome?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Holy poo poo, this is loving pro click.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

anglachel posted:

Hmm, so overall the power is higher than the toughness in this set. Thats a good sign. Also the overall P/T on the cards is much higher than normal. This looks like it's gonna be a high powered limited environment

The flipside is that everyone and their mother is farting out 1/1 tokens, so it's going to be a lot more like ROE where mediocre dudes of the grizzly bear type variety are actually just total garbage and everyone is kind of building up these board positions until someone lands a haymaker.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

little munchkin posted:

It's somewhat consistent as far as assembling the combo goes, but its extremely fragile. It's not like dredge or something where you can get their graveyard hate off the table and start doing your thing again, if you lose a chunk of your graveyard it might be impossible to win. Doesn't care about cage much though.

If you have the pieces already it's probably worth trying for an fnn or something.

I was thinking of picking up Foothills and Grounds anyway, at which point I'd be like 60% there in terms of price. I just wish my store did Modern more than once every third week so I could justify having multiple decks for the format.

GoutPatrol posted:

Depends on what hate you see. Cage doesn't stop you at all. I've won through Rest in Peace because many decks that use it are also now using their graveyard (Nahiri.) Relic was harder, but I've won matches against it. I kind of turned the deck into a more value RG deck if I thought Relics would be coming in: Thruns, Thrags, Baloths, Finks. Just be more careful on your Assault/Loam parts because if there is a Relic there then each land is going to be thrown once.

I was thinking of including two Prime Time maindeck as a plan B that also helps plan A, but good call on the value G dudes since I have a bunch of those already.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

All aboard the pain trains. Those are some mighty beefy commons.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

I was thinking of picking up Foothills and Grounds anyway, at which point I'd be like 60% there in terms of price. I just wish my store did Modern more than once every third week so I could justify having multiple decks for the format.

I was thinking of including two Prime Time maindeck as a plan B that also helps plan A, but good call on the value G dudes since I have a bunch of those already.

Back when I was messing around with earlier builds, it manages to be a deck that is simultaneously not faster than TitanBreach, while not being as resilient to hate as TitanBreach, while attempting to play pretty much the same game as TitanBreach.

If you're going to play an R/G deck that isn't R/G/x, there is no reason to not be playing TitanBreach, there is no configuration of cards that either does as good as TitanBreach, or isn't made better by the addition of a third color (ie, if you want to play fast aggro, go with Naya Burn, if you want to play a midrangey deck, go with Jund.)

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
This set has some boring-rear end uncommons and awesome commons

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Renegade Freighter is gonna win a whole lot of limited games.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oh my god I wanna drive a train into an Eldrazi and blow them up

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Renegade Freighter is gonna win a whole lot of limited games.

Curving Speedway Fanatic into Renegade Freighter is gonna be loving great.

Seems like a bomb as gently caress common tbh. Turns random dorky creatures into a 5/4 Trampler for 3.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Magic: The Gathering: You'll need a credit card to ride these trains.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

So does menace mean it's multi-track drifting?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I mean, I would be menaced by a giant train, I don't know about you.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

sarmhan posted:

It's cool how all three of these have different ways of getting through a board full of Servos.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

sarmhan posted:

I mean, I would be menaced by a giant train, I don't know about you.

They're not so scary once you realize that they have a fatal weakness to being suplexed.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

AceClown posted:

100% gonna slam this and shout "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH" every time

:hfive:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

suicidesteve posted:

They're not so scary once you realize that they have a fatal weakness to being suplexed.

Even he didn't block that train alone.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

TheKingofSprings posted:

So does menace mean it's multi-track drifting?

it means you aren't standing on the tracks unless someone else is there with you because it's A loving TRAIN HOLY SHIIIIT

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
blocking a train: a good idea as long as you have a buddy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
all it takes to destroy a train is 6 squirrels

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

anglachel
May 28, 2012
Fabricate being able to split up so some can drive a car and some can block will be super relevant.

Turn 3 train. Turn 4 augmenter making all tokens with the card crewing and the tokens back to block or crew the vehicle you played turn 2 might be a very real thing.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Elyv posted:

E: that dwarf is in Ripley's construction mech from Aliens and I won't hear a word to the contrary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ5VzlRvIw4

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Fabricate creature stats look so damned pitiful if you don't choose to put counters on them. I am not a good enough Magic player to not choose +1/+1 counters every time, because I don't want to pay six mana for a 1/3 even though I know the benefits.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

Back when I was messing around with earlier builds, it manages to be a deck that is simultaneously not faster than TitanBreach, while not being as resilient to hate as TitanBreach, while attempting to play pretty much the same game as TitanBreach.

If you're going to play an R/G deck that isn't R/G/x, there is no reason to not be playing TitanBreach, there is no configuration of cards that either does as good as TitanBreach, or isn't made better by the addition of a third color (ie, if you want to play fast aggro, go with Naya Burn, if you want to play a midrangey deck, go with Jund.)

Do you play TitanBreach, and if so is it fun?

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

sarmhan posted:

All we need is Legendary Creature - Train and I'll be good.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

C-Euro posted:

The most fun.

Resolving Primetime and hitting people with Emrakul are part of the three most fun single actions you can do in Magic the Gathering, the 3rd being resolve Mindslaver.

I posted my list a while back. The current version I'm running I largely stole from a GP deck and the improvements I stole made it very, very resilient, and with intelligent mulling you very rarely lose to the deck, which is a problem with my other decks (dredge, storm).

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

C-Euro posted:

It's fun until you keep a hand with a bunch of ramp and a Summoner's Pact, get the Pact Inquisitioned, and then go 27 cards deep without finding a threat. That's what you sign up for playing a ramp deck, unfortunately.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Hellsau posted:

It's fun until you keep a hand with a bunch of ramp and a Summoner's Pact, get the Pact Inquisitioned, and then go 27 cards deep without finding a threat. That's what you sign up for playing a ramp deck, unfortunately.

The version of the deck I'm playing solves this by running ramp and then a threat list like this:

3 Pacts
3 Emrakul
4 Primetime
4 Breach
2 Summoning Trap (with 2 more in the board)

It is a lot more resilient than other lists with the traps and 3rd pact. At any given time if I don't already have a threat I have about a 20% chance to draw one.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Sigma-X posted:

The version of the deck I'm playing solves this by running ramp and then a threat list like this:

3 Pacts
3 Emrakul
4 Primetime
4 Breach
2 Summoning Trap (with 2 more in the board)

It is a lot more resilient than other lists with the traps and 3rd pact. At any given time if I don't already have a threat I have about a 20% chance to draw one.

At the time that I went 27 cards deep while only finding one Pact, I had 2 more Pacts, 4 Titans, a Hornet Queen, 3 Baloths and 3 Nahiris. I missed on all of them for many turns. Sometimes ramp decks just don't find threats, and that's fine, it's just some games you won't draw threats and will just draw lands and ramp spells too many times.

Also drawing an actual Valakut helps in those situations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

mandatory lesbian posted:

well i guess if you throw them in the gears

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

well i guess if you throw them in the gears

You'd have to be a totally deranged hermit to do something like that, and if that's the case it'd only take three squirrels.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Sigma-X posted:

The most fun.

Resolving Primetime and hitting people with Emrakul are part of the three most fun single actions you can do in Magic the Gathering, the 3rd being resolve Mindslaver.

I posted my list a while back. The current version I'm running I largely stole from a GP deck and the improvements I stole made it very, very resilient, and with intelligent mulling you very rarely lose to the deck, which is a problem with my other decks (dredge, storm).

I just took apart my one red Modern deck (Goblins) and my symmetry OCD is compelling me to build something with red to replace it, I might give this a shot since it looks cheaper than I thought it would (provided I stick to using SB cards I own). Plus I miss casting big dumb creatures.

I know it's a ramp deck but how often are you getting off Emrakul without Breach? Do you even need to be able to hardcast it to win?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Sep 16, 2016

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Isn't the full spoiler getting posted today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Count Bleck posted:

Isn't the full spoiler getting posted today?

I believe so.

• Locked thread