Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Fart Amplifier posted:

"In 2011, Mr. Trump was finally able to bring this ugly incident to its conclusion by successfully compelling President Obama to release his birth certificate."

Meanwhile in 2012, https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/232572505238433794

How the gently caress can literally a single person support this man?

The woke people I know say it doesn't matter because Hillary started birtherism. Yes, I know Hillary didn't start birtherism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

straight up brolic posted:

here's a thought: without further scandal, her numbers can literally not possibly be worse than they were when people were legitimately arguing that she was dead.

Of course they can. "she's blown it bah gawd" coverage isn't a scandal but is still bad coverage.

Gyges posted:

We're constantly 4 minutes away from Donald Trump doing something like calling Mother Teresa a loser whore. Trump is the unwavering constant in the more than 1 year of this campaign, Trump is going to Trump, and by god is it going to be amazing for Hillary's numbers.

And yet here we are a few weeks after Breitbart people took over the campaign without a does-damage-to-even-trump fuckup

(To be clear I suspect her nadir will be tomorrow or Saturday and that Trump will do at least one more catastrophically ruinous thing, but neither is certain.)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Stop citing any polling done by Emerson, they literally only poll land lines.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I remember having a landline. Dubya was still president.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Nessus posted:

So you're saying we should stop all map-posting until we figure out what the hell is going on?

Unlike Mr. Trump, I gave "a couple of days" rather than an indefinite timetable.

But we should definitely not let polling data from Dearborn in.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/776624323322863616
At least they knew they bungled it.

For once.

:argh:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have a land line.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

FairGame posted:

And yet here we are a few weeks after Breitbart people took over the campaign without a does-damage-to-even-trump fuckup

(To be clear I suspect her nadir will be tomorrow or Saturday and that Trump will do at least one more catastrophically ruinous thing, but neither is certain.)

As I've said several times, the Breitbart people are much better at matching to Trump than his prior people. And their entire stock and trade is how dogshit the media is at calling them out and how much they can get away with.

It won't get him a good campaign infrastructure or a GOTV effort and he'll probably still slip the leash and go nuts, but hiring a bunch of bullies to coach a bully is literally the smartest thing he's done this cycle.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Eifert Posting posted:

I have a land line.

Okay grandpa. Tell us about when bread cost a nickel.

(You are probably younger than me)

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Misstated source: themselves

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have one too.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
what's donald trump's opinion on anime?
follow-up, what is his favorite anime?

depending on his answer to these 2 questions, it could totally tank his support from the alt-right.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cthulhumatic posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if many 25-30 year olds in Cinci have one. It was literally free with my TV/Internet. All y'all saying you know no one with a land line, are you in TWC turf or Comcast?

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

Nwabudike Morgan posted:

what's donald trump's opinion on anime?
follow-up, what is his favorite anime?

depending on his answer to these 2 questions, it could totally tank his support from the alt-right.

easy

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Eifert Posting posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if many 25-30 year olds in Cinci have one. It was literally free with my TV/Internet. All y'all saying you know no one with a land line, are you in TWC turf or Comcast?

Comcast. It's definitely not free from them. I had an actual land line ~5 years ago, but it seemed like a waste.

Edit: At least not free in my area of PA.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock

iospace posted:

https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/776624323322863616
At least they knew they bungled it.

For once.

:argh:

Did they? Because a tweet posted on the previous page or something shows Trump saying not even 1 year later that the birth certificate was "a fraud", yet no mention of that by USA Today.

:mad:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/ElectProject/status/776629943438446592
This is promising news.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

That's the silent majority in yellow bro

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Turnout is going to be up among groups currently being washed out of LV screens, book it

Una = undecided probably, and those have leaned Clinton pretty much this whole time as well which never stops getting weird to say

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Epic High Five posted:

Turnout is going to be up among groups currently being washed out of LV screens, book it

Una = undecided probably, and those have leaned Clinton pretty much this whole time as well which never stops getting weird to say

Una = unaffiliated, aka independents. Dunno why they marked it as such.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

iospace posted:

Same difference in any case

Dr.Zeppelin
Dec 5, 2003

iospace posted:

Sometimes a state has an actual party called Independent Party or Independence Party or some such and they don't want to be confusing I guess

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

iospace posted:

Because the three parties being compared are Democrats, Libertarians, and Republicans. Unaffiliated is pretty much everyone else of any numeric strength. They're not quite the same as polling Independents, but there's overlap.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Can someone explain how/if we know the big jump in unaffiliated voters doing early polling is good news for Hillary?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Stop citing any polling done by Emerson, they literally only poll land lines.
Hahaha gently caress are you for serious here?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Epic High Five posted:

Same difference in any case

Fair enough.

Also, USA Today is having well, a day:
https://twitter.com/rdpaolinelli/status/776631634313392128

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

iospace posted:

Fair enough.

Also, USA Today is having well, a day:
https://twitter.com/rdpaolinelli/status/776631634313392128

The Pivot is Real!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Dr Christmas posted:

Can someone explain how/if we know the big jump in unaffiliated voters doing early polling is good news for Hillary?

We don't. Full stop.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Dr.Zeppelin posted:

Sometimes a state has an actual party called Independent Party or Independence Party or some such and they don't want to be confusing I guess

My dad tried to go from R to I in the mid-90s and they signed him up for the Florida Independence Party. He tried to get them to switch him to I and ended up an R again. He gave up and now just keeps his Republican affiliation because he likes laughing at the junk mail he gets from local candidates.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Dr Christmas posted:

Historically speaking Republican-leaning people, due to age/free time/whiteness/money, have been more reliably able to make it to the polls. If someone working swing shift gets his mail in ballot and votes for Hillary when he might not have been able to go vote on Election Day, since it's for some godawful reason during a workday and not a holiday, that's +1 for :abuela: which she might not have otherwise gotten.

Also, you can't take back that vote if you have a sudden attack of "Oh no I voted for hillary, my penis is gonna fall off!" Sorry bro, if you mailed it, you're gonna have to accept your new, penis-free lifestyle.

e: Of course this is also true for Trump, but generally speaking making it easier to vote will help the Democrat more than the Republican. You can be drat sure that if it was the other way around we'd have national voter IDs and complementary Uber rides on the public dime to get to the polls.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Am I seeing something incorrectly, or is that chart showing there are about 45K absentee ballot requests in the whole state?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Trabisnikof posted:

The Pivot is Real!

If he won't pivot himself, we'll do it for him!!

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cthulhumatic posted:

I have a landline because I live in a dead zone, I'm only 30 minutes from downtown Sarasota but I live at the epicenter of several housing developments who all keep blocking the construction of local towers because they think it'll lower their property values. I'm moving in 2-3 months and won't need one then, but if you're in the sticks or have rear end in a top hat neighbors a landline is a nice option.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I would guess "unaffiliated" voters are the ones less likely to vote a straight-party ticket.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nessus posted:

Hahaha gently caress are you for serious here?

Yes.

Also I'm registered as an unaffiliated voter because I didn't give a gently caress when I first got my driving license 8 years ago and haven't bothered to change it. I have a feeling I'm not alone.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Yeah I'm Ind. too because I'm in an open primary state

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ind, but pretty much straight D on ballots.

Unless it's David Clarke, who can go piss up a tree in Sherman Park.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Dr Christmas posted:

Absentee ballots are a frequent tool of GOTV efforts, and a large increase in any group is often due to GOTV efforts. Trump doesn't have any real GOTV efforts, so on balance the chances are better that those are unaffiliated Hillary voters than unaffiliated Trump voters. Since North Carolina's primary is semi-closed it's less likely that unaffiliated voters are Republicans in transition for primary reasons.

Luigi Thirty posted:

My dad tried to go from R to I in the mid-90s and they signed him up for the Florida Independence Party. He tried to get them to switch him to I and ended up an R again. He gave up and now just keeps his Republican affiliation because he likes laughing at the junk mail he gets from local candidates.

There should have been a box to check that said unaffiliated on the registration form. My junk mail is always pretty bonkers because I frequently switch my party affiliation depending on the primaries for any given election. Living in Northeast Florida means there's a lot of Republican primaries that are the real election and the few Democrats with a chance need to be supported in their primary.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Eifert Posting posted:

I have a land line.

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Just saw the news about Julian Assange. If this works then I will have all the respect in the world for him.

• Locked thread