Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
.5ppr, yeah. I think Landry's weak week 1 is what did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

His TY Hilton for my Spencer Ware, .5 ppr

I have RB depth and really need WR help. Probably won't get a better offer than this, no?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Teeter posted:

His TY Hilton for my Spencer Ware, .5 ppr

I have RB depth and really need WR help. Probably won't get a better offer than this, no?

Holy poo poo mash accept.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
All these trade robberies, where's mine?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Please tell me you accepted that Hilton for Ware trade. Please.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo mash accept.

I think it came off unsure in my post, but I already mashed.

I offered Woodhead for Baldwin and he countered with this. :iiam:

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Rotoworld posted:

T.Y. Hilton was added to the Colts' injury report on Thursday, missing practice with a knee issue.
It's concerning on two fronts, as Hilton wasn't on Wednesday's injury report and was "DNP" instead of "limited." Typically players who get hurt mid-practice are listed as limited. Perhaps it was simply a maintenance day for a previously-undisclosed minor issue, but Hilton owners can't take his Week 2 status for granted until we get an update. That might not come until Friday.
Just a word of warning regarding picking up TY Hilton. His current status is unclear.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Nice, my opponent benched Forte.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I picked up Enunwa right before this game. :c00l:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Cigar Aficionado posted:

One of only 2 WW adds for me this week across five leagues.

Could still be this year's Hurns, but he looks good.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

One of only 2 WW adds for me this week across five leagues.

Could still be this year's Hurns, but he looks good.

DON'T JINX IT

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I have Johnson and Forte. With that in mind would you try to move Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, or Isaiah Crowell? I'm thinking that Crowell's appeal plummets with the new QB and I should try to move him.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Crowell is going to be pretty good under Hue, why do you think McCown, an actual QB, will hurt him?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I'd probably see if you can sell high on Gordon?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have Johnson and Forte. With that in mind would you try to move Melvin Gordon, Matt Jones, or Isaiah Crowell? I'm thinking that Crowell's appeal plummets with the new QB and I should try to move him.
Jones is probably the least valuable but then that makes him impossible to move in a trade. I'm with you on Crowell. I do think he has looked improved this season but yeah, his best chance for a breakout was with RG3 under center so there is sell high potential there. But then Crowell's value is odd. In one of my goon leagues, he's just sitting on the waiver wire at this very moment because literally no one gives a gently caress about him.

LmaoTheKid posted:

Crowell is going to be pretty good under Hue, why do you think McCown, an actual QB, will hurt him?
Crowell's power running style was better suited for the offense Hue had planned with RG3 under center. The threat of RG3's legs was still there so that was going to keep LBs off balance and aggressive runs up the middle would get chunks of yards at a time. But McCown can't provide that and defenses can play run defense a lot more conventionally. I do believe Crowell has improved as a player this year but when it's a more conventional timeshare on a team projected for maybe 4 wins this year, he's going to need to be REALLY efficient with his touches to return good value unless they up his volume considerably.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 16, 2016

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Why would a bad option QB help a RB break out? I really don't understand this. McCown has some huge games and is an actual QB and the coach is actually good this year.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VietCampo posted:

I'd probably see if you can sell high on Gordon?

I'm wondering if it really is a sell high situation though. Woodhead's age is a concern, and his draft pedigree is extremely high. With that in mind is it worth keeping Gordon, or who should I aim to get?

Hrm. You think Crowell for Josh Gordon is worth trying?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Questionable with ribs now. poo poo.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

Why would a bad option QB help a RB break out? I really don't understand this. McCown has some huge games and is an actual QB and the coach is actually good this year.
I edited my prior post but even a lovely dual-threat QB is going to help the run game and that was definitely Hue's intention. I still think there's fantasy value in Cleveland with McCown under center but most likely, the effectiveness of their run game changes considerably from here on out because of RG3's loss.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Yeah. Defenses cant stack the box as much.

E: I'm not saying Crowell is a world beater but he's going to be a very useful player once the byes start and if you need RB depth and for some reason he's on waivers, you should grab him.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

LmaoTheKid posted:

Yeah. Defenses cant stack the box as much.

E: I'm not saying Crowell is a world beater but he's going to be a very useful player once the byes start and if you need RB depth and for some reason he's on waivers, you should grab him.
We're having different arguments. I'm not saying he isn't rosterable because you're right, he could be valuable a bye-week fill-in. But if you can trade that right now for a dude who could be a weekly starter for your team, you absolutely do that, is what I'm trying to say.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Roger that.

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Feeling pretty good that I started Forte tonight.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm wondering if it really is a sell high situation though. Woodhead's age is a concern, and his draft pedigree is extremely high. With that in mind is it worth keeping Gordon, or who should I aim to get?

Hrm. You think Crowell for Josh Gordon is worth trying?
I'm of a mind that maybe Melvin Gordon actually got better at football. I mean he looked like poo poo last year but the Chargers offensive line was one of the worst, if not THE worst, in football last year. He showed a lot more explosiveness in this preseason and just looked like a better player than he was last year. His volume worries me but then with Keenan Allen gone, maybe the passing game just doesn't get going like they were hoping and they wind up turning to the ground game more. As a Danny Woodhead owner last year, I cursed his name, because the Chargers tried really hard to get Gordon into some kind of groove in the second half of last year by feeding him the ball at Woodhead's expense until he got injured. Despite having no shares of him, I've grown a lot more optimistic about Gordon as a football player in his second year so far and think that could translate into fantasy volume so he's worth a hold.

As for flipping Crowell, I honestly have no idea what to make of Josh Gordon but I think you're on the right track trying to find the high-potential player whose owner may have soured on so far. If anyone could make Josh Gordon into a WR1 again, it's probably Hue Jackson, so maybe that works. I think Demaryius Thomas could also be a solid target if you don't need to start him immediately. Or maybe Dez Bryant. Or TY Hilton. There's some nice potential high-end WRs that disappointed in week 1.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Josh Gordon is QB proof.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I really doubt anyone that drafted Josh Gordon is willing to move him for Crowell.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

Remember what he played like after his last suspension? And how often he was seen with Manziel this year? I'm a little concerned about him keeping himself in true football shape.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Is Josh Gordon going to tear us apart again

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Why, is he injury prone?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

1 PPR

I can only pick up one off waivers because Freeman is wasting a spot on my bench.

Blount
Hill
Yeldon
Ingram
Or keep Tevin Coleman and wait weeks for him or Freeman to fully fail

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Josh Gordon is a system WR who was propped up by the WR-whisperer Brian Hoyer

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Josh Gordon is a system WR who was propped up by the WR-whisperer Brian Hoyer

Don't forget Jason Campbell!

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RBX posted:

1 PPR

I can only pick up one off waivers because Freeman is wasting a spot on my bench.

Blount
Hill
Yeldon
Ingram

Or just hold onto Freeman because it's been a week?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

RBX posted:

1 PPR

Blount
Hill
Yeldon
Ingram

Are you in a 6 person league

wait I'm sorry is that Mark Ingram

Are you in a 2 person league

Drop whoever if that's Mark Ingram holy poo poo

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
I dropped Tyrod (have a short bench), but I don't regret it despite Tyrod putting up points this week. The Bills are a terrible team and Tyrod is an erratic player. Also, Sammy Watkins looks all done and even Goodwin limped off the field at the end of the game. The TDs today came from the Jets' cornerbacks making GBS threads the bed, without those 2 bombs he'd have had 1 lucky TD throw and 150 yards passing. Finally, his next 2 weeks are against Arizona and New England. Can't imagine starting him.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Tyrod had 3 TDs and 173 yards on 3 plays

He had one trip to the red zone

poo poo was fluky af

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Better to be lucky than good

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
He also got blown up and forced into concussion protocol. He's gonna miss some games this season.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just hope he survives til Brady gets back. I had Tyrod, Bridgewater, and Brady in my dynasty league and I'm feeling awful vulnerable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Azhais posted:

I just hope he survives til Brady gets back. I had Tyrod, Bridgewater, and Brady in my dynasty league and I'm feeling awful vulnerable

Holy poo poo after it look liked Tyrod literally died I would have been Mr. Krabs meme all over the place if I were you.

• Locked thread