Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

thathonkey posted:

they allegedly used the space to fit the new camera processor and taptic unit whatever the ufck that means

Oh cool so the 7 should still have a headphone jack since it doesn't have the double camera whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

thathonkey posted:

instead they should just thicken the phone so there is no camera hump and use all that extra surface area to add the audio jack back and make a thicker battery
you're like the caveman resisting the invention of the wheel

you can't stop progress

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
the iphone 7 pre-orders are completely sold out so no1 curr lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

thathonkey posted:

instead they should just thicken the phone so there is no camera hump and use all that extra surface area to add the audio jack back and make a thicker battery

but what if instead they made it 0.1mm thinner and cut the battery life some more?

ballistics statistics
Nov 27, 2003

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

a bone to pick posted:

the iphone 7 pre-orders are completely sold out so no1 curr lol

It's almost as if the Apple haters aren't the ones buying iphones!

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Oh cool so the 7 should still have a headphone jack since it doesn't have the double camera whatever

Still has that haptic feedback thingy near the home button which I guess they'd have to move a bit so gently caress that

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Apple users are the people who see the toilet paper hanging under instead of over and say "this is fine."

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

Actually we're the best kind of people

Apple doesn’t give a poo poo about neckbeard hipsters who spent thousands of dollars on expensive audiophile gear that rely on 100-year-old technology to transmit audio signals.

What are they improving on with the lightning jack? Everyone's talking about how they freed up space for another speaker and a tap dick engine and I haven't seen a single person say "and it makes headphones sound 10x better"

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Buca di Bepis posted:

What are they improving on with the lightning jack? Everyone's talking about how they freed up space for another speaker and a tap dick engine and I haven't seen a single person say "and it makes headphones sound 10x better"

It's getting rid of that awful cable I have to lug around with my headphones at the gym

Ugh, I feel sorry for those who aren't wearing wireless airpods next October at the gym

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

ratbert90 posted:

Apple users are the people who see the toilet paper hanging under instead of over and say "this is fine."

They say "why is the toilet paper like that? Is that a good idea?" and Apple says "no, you like it like that. That way is innovative. Also we invented toilet paper" and apple users then say "wow yes you're right we like it like that. And we're so glad you invented toilet paper."

personable decorum
Sep 7, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

GreatGreen posted:

No, they say "why is the toilet paper like that?" and Apple says "no, you like it like that. That way is innovative. Also we invented toilet paper" and apple users then say "wow yes you're right we like it like that. And we're so glad you invented toilet paper."

i dumpstered many a nickleback album before i picked up a hello magazine and read about avril and chad's marriage and friendship. unfortunately some people really were offended by it and pr had pushback. arguably avril is a confused girl but incredibly adrenal when she's on. hopefully she's found her muse and stability now but people like her are rare to settle. all in all we've been planning a big island move for quite some time and we're in the omega era as it's been done a few times now.

everyone wanted a christ figure just without the whole permanent death in Christianity thing

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

personable decorum posted:

i dumpstered many a nickleback album before i picked up a hello magazine and read about avril and chad's marriage and friendship. unfortunately some people really were offended by it and pr had pushback. arguably avril is a confused girl but incredibly adrenal when she's on. hopefully she's found her muse and stability now but people like her are rare to settle. all in all we've been planning a big island move for quite some time and we're in the omega era as it's been done a few times now.

everyone wanted a christ figure just without the whole permanent death in Christianity thing

Who?

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Mozi posted:

the apple car was cancelled because they couldn't figure out wireless refueling

Turns out putting the gas nozzle on the underside of the car just wasn't practical.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Honestly I have gotten so used to using Bluetooth headphones with my Android phone that removing the headphone jack doesn't strike me as an entirely bullshit idea, but having a single button on a phone certainly does.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Hold on, that courage line was real?

I thought people were joking or something. Jesus, that is the worst loving thing for a corporation to say and it seems like they are pandering hard to their special snowflake idiots that are gonna buy this poo poo no matter what.

ConstantDelays
Jan 1, 2013
This 'problem' is severely overstated. Who the gently caress listens to music anymore? That poo poo's been around for millennia, it's time to move on.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
i got my grandads i pad after he drank himself to death and it does internet and netflix which is good but if i want to put some files on it apparently i have to get some extra software instead of just plugging it into my pc and it acting like the external storage device it is

apple produ cts are just about ok if they are free imho

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Who the gently caress uses phones for 'calling people' nowadays anyway, that poo poo's so early 2000s.

Get rid of it Apple, I want my phones even thinner I crave the march towards size zero phones unnghh.

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Whenever iOS versus Android comes up, I'm reminded that it was a pile of junk until Google finally added SD card app storage in mid-2010, a full 3 years after the iPhone was launched with 8gb internal storage, compared to only 512mb on most Androids at the time.

LOL never forget people getting upset about "huge" 20mb apps: http://android-developers.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/apps-on-sd-card-details.html?m=1

psyman fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Sep 16, 2016

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

psyman posted:

Whenever iOS versus Android comes up, I'm reminded that it was a pile of junk until Google finally added SD card app storage in mid-2010, a full 3 years after the iPhone was launched with 8gb internal storage, compared to only 512mb on most Androids at the time.

LOL never forget people getting upset about "huge" 20mb apps: http://android-developers.blogspot.com.au/2010/07/apps-on-sd-card-details.html?m=1

As a embedded engineer: gently caress SD cards forever.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vYfAqEyGV0

Watch a man scratch a phone

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

As a embedded engineer: gently caress SD cards forever.

As not a embedded engineer: why do you hate SD cards?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

NihilismNow posted:

As not a embedded engineer: why do you hate SD cards?

Users are dumb and will rip them out while a program is accessing them, then bitch about corrupt data.

Users are dumb and will buy the cheapest slowest pile of dumpster fire garbage Chinese made no name brand card and bitch that their device is slow.

SD card slots are expensive.

I am forgetting some other things as well.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Ah you seem to have things mixed up: you don't hate SD cards, you hate people.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

KomodoWagon posted:

Ah you seem to have things mixed up: you don't hate SD cards, you hate people.

Well yeah, but sometimes you need to take away dumb peoples ability to do dumb things.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

ratbert90 posted:

Well yeah, but sometimes you need to take away dumb peoples ability to do dumb things.

Ah the eternal tech problem.

Yeah that's never going to fully happen, sorry but users will ALWAYS find a way to gently caress things up.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
This phone is corrupting the 128 GB SD card I bought for $10. It always happens after I write over 16 GB to it! This idiot phone can't even write more than 16 GB!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the iphone 6 already feels kinda fragile (and is IME compared to the 5/5S/SE style) because it's too thin. makes it harder to hold also. or maybe that is just the weird slippery edges that they made or some reason. there's yet another way they could eek out more space: don't round the corners so much.

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe
Yeah but they're counting on people dropping their phones because it means they'll sell more, so the "wet bar of soap" style probably isn't going to change any time soon.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah but if you drop it within a year it's covered and you can buy the 3 year care plan

i think they just favor aesthetics over usability

look at all their terrible mouse designs over the years

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

ratbert90 posted:

Holy gently caress pull over you idiot. Don't use headphones while driving you moron.

Do you hate deaf people driving too

Also lol you must not have a job that requires you to drive a gently caress ton while also telling people what to do

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

thathonkey posted:

Yeah but if you drop it within a year it's covered and you can buy the 3 year care plan

"Bar of soap in plastic" remains my favorite. because who the gently caress thinks that even looks good?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Also lol you must not have a job that requires you to drive a gently caress ton while also telling people what to do

Yeah it sucks when you don't have a job that requires constant driving and phone calls, drat.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I personally like "rat fece encased in a plastic shell"

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

notZaar posted:

Yeah it sucks when you don't have a job that requires constant driving and phone calls, drat.

idk getting paid well is p great, i just work in the field a lot and enjoy that over being in the loving office all day rotting away at a computer

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

Also took em what like 2 decades to admit that maybe a second mouse button was a good idea

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I don't hate deaf people because their other senses are heightened to compensate for the lack of hearing.

You on the other hand aren't, so stop driving, using the phone, and blocking out sound and pull the gently caress over you idiot.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also took em what like 2 decades to admit that maybe a second mouse button was a good idea

Jesus that loving puck mouse

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Take your headphones out, put both hands on the wheel, stay 3 car-spaces behind the car in front of you, slow down to 5 under the speed limit, and maybe then you'll be half as good a driver as ratbert90.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
we all remember that classic apple catchphrase, 'go puck yourself'

• Locked thread