Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Ularg posted:

Hey Funkmaster, good to see you posting in the thread again and playing Destiny. It's certainly been awhile since I've seen you post.

Thanks, dude. I probably won't be playing as often now; work is crazy at the moment after everyone quit on us and we had to hire up a group of newbies. Having to work all day every day and train four guys at the same time is not the best experience. I'll be around, though. They RoI hype from pubbies around the internet brought me back.

Can't wait to do a blind raid, but I have no idea how I'm going to schedule time for that. Full-blind VoG took us 11 hours back in the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Raids take less time each time.

I don't know how long it took the last time, but was much less than 11 hours.

The next raid is said to be more arcade-y, and less a dance choreography, so it may even be more doable. But with raids you never knows.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I hope so. After running KF a couple times this week it's just so time consuming, I mean I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how we hadn't done it awhile but still. I also hate the no revive mechanics too. What a load of unfun cat poo poo

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

FishBulb posted:

I hope so. After running KF a couple times this week it's just so time consuming, I mean I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how we hadn't done it awhile but still. I also hate the no revive mechanics too. What a load of unfun cat poo poo

That seems to be the go to "hard mode" for bungies raid so id e suprised if we dont get that again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Nightfall is now Shield Bros, get your fragments

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Nightfall is now Shield Bros, get your fragments

Aw, that's nice :unsmith:

I finished the y2 moments of triumph last night, but getting it just made me wish I had completed it in year one. This emblem doesn't do anything for me.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah I'm at a weird point with emblems, I have one that I don't think I'll ever take off so w/E

Even if this dumb space aids thing gives emblems or something I just don't care enough to do it:smugjones:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

hitchensgoespop posted:

That seems to be the go to "hard mode" for bungies raid so id e suprised if we dont get that again

Oh I'm sure we're going to I just hate it

There's a difference between hard and time consuming and there's a difference between hard and complicated.

I'm sure I walked into some sort of joke about my mom there so have at it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah I'm at a weird point with emblems, I have one that I don't think I'll ever take off so w/E

Even if this dumb space aids thing gives emblems or something I just don't care enough to do it:smugjones:

I'm quoting this just to see the name of that smiley

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

I'm quoting this just to see the name of that smiley

Hover over it :ssh:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

haveblue posted:

Hover over it :ssh:

Ain't no hover on mobile you desktop level scrub

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

KF would be so much better without all the useless platforming that's there to pad out the runtime.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
I've wanted a platforming-with-enemies raid fight since the first time I ran VoG.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Is true that raids take a lot of time, but is fun time.

You don't have to make a whole raid in a session. Like... you could do KF until the big golem thing dude, then do the final part in another session (fat dude, angry girls and dad oryx).

I like the puzzle jumping parts, because is a change on rithm and tone. Is more explore-y, and the error of other dudes don't affect everyone, usually only that dude, so people need to git gud if only for these parts.

If you are so useless that can't even pass the jumping parts, nobody is going to carry you.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Really all you should worry about with the y2 triumphs is the shaders. They're pretty ugly shaders, but you never know when some crazy new armor set hits that fits with them perfectly.

The emblems are lovely.

Though I could be biased because I'm rolling an emblem that is unattainable by anyone who doesn't already have it. :smug:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You mean you don't all have your t-shirts with custom gamertags yet? You bring shame to true gamers everywhere.

xzzy posted:

Though I could be biased because I'm rolling an emblem that is unattainable by anyone who doesn't already have it. :smug:

:smugdog::hf::smugdog:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Tei posted:

If you are so useless that can't even pass the jumping parts, nobody is going to carry you.

I can do the tomb ship platforming just fine. It's the stupid section with the narrow ledges and pistons that annoys the gently caress out of me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Also the solution to platform segments is to not run a hunter

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

TaurusOxford posted:

I can do the tomb ship platforming just fine. It's the stupid section with the narrow ledges and pistons that annoys the gently caress out of me.

A bad opinion. The dick wall is hilarious.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

haveblue posted:

hunters with quad jump and aerial sword slashes is basically Raccoon Mario from SMB3.

Hulk Krogan posted:

Not when it happens to me it isn't.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

haveblue posted:

:confused:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hulk Krogan posted:

also this

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Hunter is good for platforming. Like all things it is Warlock that sucks.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Hulk Krogan posted:

The dick wall and the VoG platforms own because they're platforming skill sections and you can do cool stuff in them. Tomb ships suck balls because it's trial and error/memorization and goes on way too drat long

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

FishBulb posted:

Like all things it is Warlock that sucks.

The absolute worst opinion.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

The dick wall and the VoG platforms own because they're platforming skill sections and you can do cool stuff in them. Tomb ships suck balls because it's trial and error/memorization and goes on way too drat long

During design ships was originally twice as long and I think they should have kept it that way :colbert:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

xzzy posted:

I was thinking you meant the OG exotic trials emblem, or any trials emblem at this point, but then i saw you don't have any flawless, so :smug:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I was thinking you meant the OG exotic trials emblem, or any trials emblem at this point, but then i saw you don't have any flawless, so :smug:

Like a scarab?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I just spent 1000 strange coins

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

FishBulb posted:

Hunter is good for platforming. Like all things it is Warlock that sucks.

lightning fingers your mom from 20 feet away

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Because Trials is dumb and for people who take the game way too loving seriously.

I'm talking about the sweet bungie.net emblems. I'm not old school enough to have the blue one but I got the grey one.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Anyone on Xbone want to help me with the nightfall and/or COE to finish off some moments of triumph tonight? I started playing again and am enjoying it. Xbone name is MeatBishop.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

xzzy posted:

Because Trials is dumb and for people who take the game way too loving seriously.

I'm talking about the sweet bungie.net emblems. I'm not old school enough to have the blue one but I got the grey one.

trials is really fun if you're with bros who know how to keep the balance between trying hard and having fun. it has been super obnoxious the past couple of months, though, because the only people still doing it are really good at it.

I say this as somebody who has never gone flawless

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

FishBulb posted:

Lot of legacy engrams.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Trials are awesome,
Raids are awesome,
Hunters are awesome,

...and the absolute best is to laugh at hunters problems with jumping puzzles. Destiny will not just be same game without something unfair against hunters. Hunter is the class with a higher skill ceiling, and something is necessary to balance the cosmic karma balance.
If you main a hunter, you deep down knows is true.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Brine posted:

Lot of legacy engrams.

Those were legacy?!

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Anyone on Xbone want to help me with the nightfall and/or COE to finish off some moments of triumph tonight? I started playing again and am enjoying it. Xbone name is MeatBishop.

Sure thing. I'll be on this evening. gt uberingram

worst case we two man both of them.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Call of Cholula posted:

trials is really fun if you're with bros who know how to keep the balance between trying hard and having fun. it has been super obnoxious the past couple of months, though, because the only people still doing it are really good at it.

I say this as somebody who has never gone flawless

Everyone who's ever sucked me into a trials run goes into heavy sigh mode the instant something goes wrong.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Y'all motherfuckers really touchy about the heavy sigh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

FishBulb posted:

Sorry for your lots

• Locked thread