Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RBX posted:

Anymore than 12 and i'd shoot myself

14 can be fun but 12 is really the sweet spot for me. 10 starts getting odd and I have no idea how people do 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Started Rams DST week 1 and Jets DST week 2.

Shoot me now, I hate streaming.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm starting the Raiders D this week. Yolo or something.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

TommyGun85 posted:

God drat, are you me?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RBX posted:

Anymore than 12 and i'd shoot myself

did a 14 teamer for a couple years, can confirm

I just didn't find it that fun to spend hours researching which rando blocking tight end was more likely to score 1 point than 0, and have that matter.

Totally get why people would enjoy the challenge, but 12's enough for me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/NateUlrichABJ/status/776814711753105408

#FeedtheCrow

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

I have no idea how people do 8.

Pray your studs hit slightly harder that week than their studs.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

This is the rotoworld drop list:

QB/RBs are a bit of a no brainer, but I'm personally keeping Miller though because TE is loving bleak if you didn't take an early guy this year.

Of the guys you mentioned, I probably have no problem dropping Torrey Smith for Tyrell if I didn't need the bye-week production and wanted upside. I still want to believe in Kevin White (especially with a snap count like that!) but if push came to shove I could see an argument to slightly lean Tyrell in redraft, particularly in ppr. The quarterback is better and the opportunity is better (note: it is usually dumb to bet against the 1st rounder unless you have a good reason to, though).

I'd almost certainly keep Bilal. I'd decide Wheaton vs Tyrell based on team composition (Wheaton has the higher expected value but probably the lower upside).

I have to ride with Miller until Eifert plays (Miller was originally my TE1 but some goof dropped eifert).

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

:smuggo:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm on the Jesse James bandwagon (stagecoach?) this week :getin:

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

#CrowHoes

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Does this mean Duke Johnson isn't happening?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Mikey Purp posted:

Does this mean Duke Johnson isn't happening?

He's probably going to be the Gio to Crowell's Hill.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I need trade advice. I am never confident trading and end up not improving my team through them. Hoping to change that this year. This is the offer I got on the table:

I'd get Gurley, Moncrief and Winston.
I'd send Murray and Robinson.

It's standard league with 3 WR no flex. I have Stafford at QB. Would have to drop Sims or Tajae Sharp to make room for Winston. My other RBs and WRs are Miller, Matthews, Crowell and D. Thomas, Marvin Jones, John Brown

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

walruscat posted:

I need trade advice. I am never confident trading and end up not improving my team through them. Hoping to change that this year. This is the offer I got on the table:

I'd get Gurley, Moncrief and Winston.
I'd send Murray and Robinson.

It's standard league with 3 WR no flex. I have Stafford at QB. Would have to drop Sims or Tajae Sharp to make room for Winston. My other RBs and WRs are Miller, Matthews, Crowell and D. Thomas, Marvin Jones, John Brown

Standard meaning no PPR? Pull the trigger.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Doltos posted:

Standard meaning no PPR? Pull the trigger.

Yes, no PPR. Thanks for the advice.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Doltos posted:

Pull the trigger.

Seconding this.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I'd leave Winston out of the deal and keep Sims and Sharp.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

TommyGun85 posted:

Having made this exact series of terrible decisions, my take away is stop rolling out road dst's.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd consider dropping Stafford instead of Sims or Tajiri depending on the depth of QB on the ww in that league

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd consider dropping Stafford instead of Sims or Tajiri depending on the depth of QB on the ww in that league

Stafford > Jameis

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

This is the QB situation.

Thinking of following the advice to just counter without Winston and take the trade.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

RCarr posted:

I'm on the Jesse James bandwagon (stagecoach?) this week :getin:

I'm riding this train until Gronk returns, which I'm now thinking may not be until week 4 or 5.

So, is there any justification in letting Bilal Powell waste space on my bench now other than "Maybe Forte will die?"

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

Yeah, looking at Winston's schedule for the next 4 or 5 weeks, I'd rather just leave him out and roll with Stafford.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

I'm riding this train until Gronk returns, which I'm now thinking may not be until week 4 or 5.

So, is there any justification in letting Bilal Powell waste space on my bench now other than "Maybe Forte will die?"

Until last year, Forte was the Iron Man of workhorse RBs. Even if he does go down, I wouldn't expect the same production from Powell. If you see someone better, I'd drop him.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

Yeah, looking at Winston's schedule for the next 4 or 5 weeks, I'd rather just leave him out and roll with Stafford.

Pulled the trigger. Feels good.

Follow up question. Who'd you start in the three WR slots:

Moncrief, D. Thomas, M. Jones, John Brown, Tajae Sharp

walruscat fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Sep 16, 2016

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

Stafford > Jameis

Depends on the scoring. Also Stafford doesn't get to play the Colts every week. I'd take Jameis between the two.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
It's true he doesn't play the Colts every week but based on last years defenses the Lions have the best schedule this year for QB...

That's filtered for "weeks 1-14"

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Am 100% invested across three leagues. Am fine with this.

Good Work You Get An HIV
Feb 22, 2016

I love how seamlessly everyone agreed that Tajae is now Tajiri

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tree Dude posted:

It's true he doesn't play the Colts every week but based on last years defenses the Lions have the best schedule this year for QB...

You know, I have Cam as a keeper and Stafford. I also lost Keenan Allen. I should really be looking to trade One of them for WR help.

I wonder if Cam as a keeper would get me ARob?

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

walruscat posted:

Pulled the trigger. Feels good.

Follow up question. Who'd you start in the three WR slots:

Moncrief, D. Thomas, M. Jones, John Brown, Tajae Sharp

Keep an eye on Thomas' status, but I'd go Moncrief, Thomas, Jones. If Thomas looks iffy or set for decoy duties, Tajiri in over Brown.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Who, if anyone on my team can/should I trade for Crowell? My team:

QB: Dalton / Carr
RB: Gurley / Langford / D. Washington / C. Sims
WR: Nelson / Allen (rip) / Fitzgerald / Moncrief / VJax / W. Fuller
TE: Gates / Walford

p.s. dont critisize me for having a backup qb and te. I know and understand its stupid and they will be dropped for waiver pickups.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

LmaoTheKid posted:

You know, I have Cam as a keeper and Stafford. I also lost Keenan Allen. I should really be looking to trade One of them for WR help.

I wonder if Cam as a keeper would get me ARob?

Carolina's SOS week 1-14 is 23rd for QB but 3rd for RB so I don't really know how to value Cam just based off that information.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Mikey Purp posted:

Keep an eye on Thomas' status, but I'd go Moncrief, Thomas, Jones. If Thomas looks iffy or set for decoy duties, Tajiri in over Brown.

Alright man. That's how I was leaning. Thanks!

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

Who, if anyone on my team can/should I trade for Crowell? My team:

QB: Dalton / Carr
RB: Gurley / Langford / D. Washington / C. Sims
WR: Nelson / Allen (rip) / Fitzgerald / Moncrief / VJax / W. Fuller
TE: Gates / Walford

p.s. dont critisize me for having a backup qb and te. I know and understand its stupid and they will be dropped for waiver pickups.

How many WRs can you start and who is the Crow owner starting at WR, QB and TE?

You could try to trade Fuller for Crow but I think you'd be overpaying and there are no guarantees that you're just reacting to coach speak.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Tree Dude posted:

Carolina's SOS week 1-14 is 23rd for QB but 3rd for RB so I don't really know how to value Cam just based off that information.

He'd also be a 1 year keeper to whoever gets him (9th round) so maybe that will entice someone?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If you were WR needy who would you aim to trade Gordon for in half PPR?

I have DJ, Forte, Gordon, Crowell, and Matt Jones. WR is Dez, Cobb, Diggs, Fuller, and Tyrell Williams. Start 2RB and 3WR with a flex so I am definitely hurting there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tree Dude posted:

I'd still take Jameis, unless the Bucs are in the 30s or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks

Do my thinking for me, FF nerds. 0 ppr, 2 wr, 2 rb, one wr/rb flex, & other insignificant boring positions. Which rb (or David Carr, who is offscreen in that screenshot) can I drop to stash Josh Gordon?

Alternatively tell me I'm an idiot for considering this, tia

• Locked thread