Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

chitoryu12 posted:

The latest thing I purchased was a ring.

She said yes!

What's the center stone on the ring, opal?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Spy_Guy posted:

Got myself a new shelf at IKEA. :sweden:

That's nice.

What are you using for lights?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Assuming they also came from IKEA I would guess these.

Spy_Guy
Feb 19, 2013

spog posted:

That's nice.

What are you using for lights?

STRIBERG LED strip.
Edit: link http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40267733/

Spy_Guy has a new favorite as of 16:37 on Sep 15, 2016

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

chitoryu12 posted:

She said yes!

Goongratulations!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

rockcity posted:

What's the center stone on the ring, opal?

Moonstone. The ring is smaller than the picture makes it look, to the point where you practically have to hunt for the diamonds in real life.

My now-fiancee wanted either rose gold or a moonstone ring. I managed to find her both.

strangemusic posted:

Goongratulations!

Thank you!

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Moonstone. The ring is smaller than the picture makes it look, to the point where you practically have to hunt for the diamonds in real life.

My now-fiancee wanted either rose gold or a moonstone ring. I managed to find her both.

Thank you!

This is good, I was so stressed out by the prospect of a stranger I don't know having an opal ring (they are notorious for breaking easily). Moonstone is not as strong as diamond or sapphire, but hopefully it will be a little easier to care for than opal!

(Also congratulations!)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I spent way too much on this sweater because it was payday and I felt kind of crappy and decided to retail therapy a bit.

It's nice though. Adidas x Wings + Horns.

Edit:

vvvvvvvvvv holy poo poo jealous vvvvvvvvvv

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:53 on Sep 16, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Sandman Omnibus volumes 1 and 2

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My GF bought me all five and it's the pride of my collection :D

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

strangemusic posted:

I spent way too much on this sweater because it was payday and I felt kind of crappy and decided to retail therapy a bit.

It's nice though. Adidas x Wings + Horns.

Link please

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

RCarr posted:

Link please

http://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/special-projects/products/wings-horns-x-adidas-ombre-tracktop-off-white

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh god, that's expensive :(

It looks awesome though!

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL

DrBouvenstein posted:

A displayport to HDMI cable because my current laptop was made for that brief period when a displayport instead of HDMI in a laptop was considered a good idea, and because Kodi doesn't have Chromecast integration:

And an amplified HD antenna so I can watch OTA football in my basement TV without resorting to low quality streams:

I've been able to get Kodi to chromecast from my Nexus 5X and Shield Tablet, is there really no solution for computers? The one thing I hate about the Android app (Localcast, I think) that allows you to use Kodi on the Chromecast is that now it seems I have to cast the video, there's no way I can watch videos on the device, so I ended up taking it off my phone.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Amazon now delivers Haribo Goldbären to the states in biggish bags, so I picked up 1Kg of 'em for my wife. She loves em to death

GonadTheBallbarian has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Sep 16, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Amazon now delivers Haribo Goldbären to the states in biggish bags, so I picked up 1Kg of 'em for my wife. She loves em to death

Why did you tell me this

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Are these different from the gold bears that are in regular US supermarkets?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Also, we're going to need a direct Amazon link, stat.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

TotalLossBrain posted:

Also, we're going to need a direct Amazon link, stat.

https://www.amazon.com/Haribo-Bears...aribo+Goldbaren

Leon Black
Sep 2, 2004

Say whaaaat?
Amazon Echo. It's finally out in the UK (in a couple of weeks)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Rich peoples' trash has now become my overpriced treasure. :)

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Ooh, I wonder if they have the sugar free version available again :ninja:

chitoryu12 posted:

She said yes!

Congrats!

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

wait what. 7$?

I did not need 1 kg of sweets, what is wrong with you!

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

I always hear people saying how great Dr. Bronner's magic soap is, so I figured I should try it. It is loving amazing! I've taken 4 showers and washed my toilet, and I've used like 2 ounces.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Zeth posted:

Are these different from the gold bears that are in regular US supermarkets?

Yeah, the flavors/colors are a bit different, and it has less corn syrup in it. Consequently, they aren't quite as sticky/slimy in warm weather, and some people prefer the taste

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Oh god Amazon.ca has 5 pound bags (2.2kg)

HELLO DIABETES!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

strangemusic posted:

Oh god Amazon.ca has 5 pound bags (2.2kg)

HELLO DIABETES!

You could always get the sugar-free ones! :shrek:

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

I'm thinking about plunking down for the American Giant Full Zip Hoodie, but I'm open to suggestions.

http://www.american-giant.com/classic-full-zip/M1-1A-1.html?cgid=mens&dwvar_M1-1A-1_color=brick#start=1

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Inspector 34 posted:

I've been able to get Kodi to chromecast from my Nexus 5X and Shield Tablet, is there really no solution for computers?

Not a good one, no. Both Android devices and Windows have to resort to the Chromecast App's "cast screen" function.

It works ok from my phone, but there is serious lag when I do it on my laptop.

Maybe one day I'll get an Amazon TV since I hear there's a Kodi app that can be installed easily on them, but until then, I'll be using the cord.

Since it'll be downstairs in my gameroom/den, I have to decide if i"m ok with having the cord drape across the floor, or if I want to be "fancy" and figure out a way to route it along the wall.

Or put the laptop right next to the TV and use one of those apps where your phone functions as a wireless keyboard + mouse for your laptop...or just buy a wireless keyboard + mouse.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Coredump posted:

I'm thinking about plunking down for the American Giant Full Zip Hoodie, but I'm open to suggestions.

http://www.american-giant.com/classic-full-zip/M1-1A-1.html?cgid=mens&dwvar_M1-1A-1_color=brick#start=1

Is there something special about this that justifies the price? I don't see any imposing logo so I assume you're just paying for excellent construction and not just trendiness like those SUPREME hats.

Edit: vv maybe he has porcelain skin

davebo has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Sep 16, 2016

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Solid Oak Acorn posted:

I always hear people saying how great Dr. Bronner's magic soap is, so I figured I should try it. It is loving amazing! I've taken 4 showers and washed my toilet, and I've used like 2 ounces.

What

You use the same soap to wash your toilet that you shower with ?

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sappo569 posted:

What

You can brush your teeth with it too

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

PCOS Bill posted:

You can brush your teeth with it too

Can I use the same brush for all 3 ?

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sappo569 posted:

Can I use the same brush for all 3 ?

You could...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sappo569 posted:

What

They just bought enough soap to clean themselves and everything they own for the next thirty years.
Seriously, if you dilute it like you're supposed to, a standard bottle can last a year or more.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

For what it's worth the Bronners you bought is best for self cleaning and textiles. They make a detergent too that's better for household cleaning.

Sappo569 posted:

What

Look at this "not knowing about Dr. Bronner's" scrub.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

davebo posted:

Is there something special about this that justifies the price? I don't see any imposing logo so I assume you're just paying for excellent construction and not just trendiness like those SUPREME hats.

Edit: vv maybe he has porcelain skin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xukM8i4GW-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOFwWjuKMTA

But mainly I'm buying into the hype Its either this or looking for a hoodie in merino wool. I'm open to suggestions on that too.

Coredump has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Sep 16, 2016

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Coredump posted:

But mainly I'm buying into the hype Its either this or looking for a hoodie in merino wool. I'm open to suggestions on that too.

I went on an insane hoodie quest last year and this was the best zip up:
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Black-Diamond-Men-s-Deployment-Hoody_10234953_10208_10000001_-1_

And this the best pullover:
http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Flux-Hoodie

I got rid of the pullover as the pocket was a bit too low for perfect handwarming comfort, but it was great aside from that.

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

What

well, I don't reuse it

but, yeah, 18 in 1 is not an overstatement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

bongwizzard posted:

I went on an insane hoodie quest last year and this was the best zip up:
http://www.moosejaw.com/moosejaw/shop/product_Black-Diamond-Men-s-Deployment-Hoody_10234953_10208_10000001_-1_

And this the best pullover:
http://store.tripleaughtdesign.com/Flux-Hoodie

I got rid of the pullover as the pocket was a bit too low for perfect handwarming comfort, but it was great aside from that.

The Black Diamond one looks neat but they only have a small and I'm not seeing it around in other places, just the hybrid.