Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Making it even better, the constant use of "marks" makes me pretty sure he's not American.

I have no idea what a "secondment" is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

walrusman posted:

Making it even better, the constant use of "marks" makes me pretty sure he's not American.

Second amendment, duh! :freep:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

walrusman posted:

It's a temporary transfer to another department. Apparently only used in British English so you're on the money.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Social skills important in the workplace? Whaaaaaa..?!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

People actually believe this :cripes:

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

System Metternich posted:

HOW?!? How the gently caress do they see a loving low res screen in a world with photoshop and think "yep, sounds good"?

And since when is 500 likes a lot?

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
500 isn't a lot, I agree, Furia. They should've used a crazier number like Half a Million or something.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

N. Senada posted:

500 isn't a lot, I agree, Furia. They should've used a crazier number like Half a Million or something.

:laffo:

In general these idiots always have to photoshop in pretty low numbers so that the idiots they want to bait with the images actually figure "hey we can do this".

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Murphy Brownback posted:

Adult wrestling fans are some of the weirder people out there. They are like tropers but instead of seeing real life through the lens of anime they see it through roided and greased up men pretending to fight each other.

Also why would he not expect to be fired after that? I thought during his ~pipe bomb~ he even says he's leaving? If you don't immediately file your resignation after saying something like that, no poo poo you're going to get fired. Even if he didn't get terminated he knew he'd have a "obnoxious manbaby who goes on awkward rants when he doesn't get his way" on his record, assuming he lives somewhere where employers are allowed to give negative references. No wonder the company doesn't send him out to be the public face of the company.

I have a feeling that if he gets an exit interview, he's going to be told in no uncertain terms that bullshit like this is exactly why he doesn't get the promotions or sweet ambassador gigs (where the main draw is you get to receive lots of food????) he feels he deserves. Also, if the corporation only promotes "nonsensical, douchebag, sociopathic people", why hasn't he got the job? :laugh:

Also,

Fathis Munk posted:

Social skills important in the workplace? Whaaaaaa..?!

e: also he is furiously Googling to find out whether being fired from his previous job will negatively impact his ability to find another job in the field? :psyduck: I am beginning to see why he thought this was a good idea as he's clearly a few light bulbs short of a picnic.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

In Europe, do employers say why you were terminated? All the places I've worked just give dates of employment.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We used to have a guy like this. He wasn't trusted with anything more than low-level data entry (which was always double-checked by others) and physical labor because of poor performance in virtually every category. He always bitched about being given these jobs, thinking he was destined for greatness and deserved more responsibility and money. He was a professional gamer as well, so he whined about his keyboard and mouse not being ergonomically perfect to try and get different ones that suited him. I threatened to confiscate his keyboard and make him use an Xbox controller if he kept up his complaining.

When he finally got let go, he went on a huge rant about how he's "the only person who does any work around here" and saying that he deserves more money than the people who have been there for longer and do more important work.

Later we received an anonymous letter that was really obviously from him, claiming that the manager who fired him was secretly trying to take over the company. He was a bizarre kid.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

This is circulating in Serbia, but with one of their politicians.

Also:
http://imgur.com/gallery/oOT0X

quote:

Tuesday night, I was heading out to go on a date. I was hit head on by a drunk driver going the wrong way at 75 mph. I have several fractured ribs, whole face is fractured, recently had surgery on an open fracture in my arm (humerus bone) and a broken ankle.
Please don't drink and drive, guys.

No, you did not get hit at 120 km/h and only got broken bones.
Why would she (or whoever) need to make this up? Even if it's true that the person in the photo was a victim of an accident, why do they feel the need to share it? And why go all out on the speed, making the whole thing impossible?

youknowthatoneguy
Mar 27, 2004
Mmm, boooofies!

Non Serviam posted:

This is circulating in Serbia, but with one of their politicians.

Also:

Why would she (or whoever) need to make this up? Even if it's true that the person in the photo was a victim of an accident, why do they feel the need to share it? And why go all out on the speed, making the whole thing impossible?

The same thing literally just happened about a mile from my house, minus the drunk part. I'm guessing the people involved wished that was the only thing that happened to them, since one died, and the other two are still in critical condition.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Dude that totally can happen. Crumple zones have gotten really good.

Not the only outcome possible, but it's not unprecedented.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Tunicate posted:

Dude that totally can happen. Crumple zones have gotten really good.

Not the only outcome possible, but it's not unprecedented.

The way I read it, she was a pedestrian.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Don't worry. If Zuckerburg doesn't pull through, Trump will go away all by himself.

329k likes, 59k comments

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Don't you have to be friends with people on Facebook before messaging them? Is the implication here that Trump's bff wants him to drop from the race?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

ghost emoji posted:

Restaurant with weird food rules visited by utter dumpster fire of a family.

I've been thinking about this one a lot and there is one thing (but only the one thing) that for sure actually happened here. The guy told a really little kid they could have a cookie but they could not have it right now, and the kid flipped out.

And maybe they once met an old lady who didn't give a poo poo about manners anymore. Maybe.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Furia posted:

Don't you have to be friends with people on Facebook before messaging them? Is the implication here that Trump's bff wants him to drop from the race?

You can message them, but the message gets put in a different folder you need to specifically open. No notification is given.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Furia posted:

Depends on your privacy settings. Most people can receive messages from strangers, but it might wind up in a separate inbox meant to filter spam.

Cover my Eyes
Mar 31, 2011

Furia posted:

HOW?!? How the gently caress do they see a loving low res screen in a world with photoshop and think "yep, sounds good"?

And since when is 500 likes a lot?

It says 500K.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

With that filter I hope she dies.

ok not really but fuckin' filters man

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Non Serviam posted:

The way I read it, she was a pedestrian.

She mentioned that the driver walked away without a scratch. So, yeah.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

hyperhazard posted:

She mentioned that the driver walked away without a scratch. So, yeah.

What? That in no way implies she was a pedestrian; the way that it says she was hit 'head on' by a driver going the wrong way implies she was driving as well.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Garrand posted:

What? That in no way implies she was a pedestrian; the way that it says she was hit 'head on' by a driver going the wrong way implies she was driving as well.

None of that necessarily means she was driving. It doesn't matter though, who cares.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

None of that necessarily means she was driving. It doesn't matter though, who cares.

I think I've figured out your inability to see obvious racism.

You just don't understand what words mean. Like fundamentally.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Non Serviam posted:

"Head on" would imply she was traveling in the direction the drunk driver was coming from. If she wasn't driving, she was walking down the street in the middle of the road.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

Hardcordion posted:

"Head on" would imply she was traveling in the direction the drunk driver was coming from. If she wasn't driving, she was walking down the street in the middle of the road.

She also mentions in the comments that she was on her phone, which would definitely lose her sympathy points if she says she was driving.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Roy posted:

She also mentions in the comments that she was on her phone, which would definitely lose her sympathy points if she says she was driving.

She mentions she had her date on speakerphone, not that she was texting or something.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Garrand posted:

She mentions she had her date on speakerphone, not that she was texting or something.

Anyone other than my mother who puts a caller on speakerphone is basically worse than a drunk driver

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Oh boy....

http://imgur.com/gallery/84Lrk

" Vandalized due to my police support.....
On Tuesday Night, 9-13-2016, between 9:30PM and 10:45PM, my van was tagged by a supposed Black Lives Matter "Activist" because I have 3 Thin Blue Line Decals (it represents the Police, the blue line, separating the good from the evil). The Van was parked in my Driveway in Florissant, MO.

I am an Owner/Operator, and this is my only source of income. I don't want any sympathy, I just want to show that no one is safe from these "peaceful" activists."

I give this til tomorrow afternoon before it comes out that this Missouri Good 'ol Boy did this himself.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Hardcordion posted:

Head on doesn't necessarily mean both parties were driving. She could be crossing the street, and the front of the other car, who's coming from the wrong side, hits her.

I actually looked up the definition, since I was worried I could be getting it wrong. But no, head on means that it involves the front. If that's not the common usage there though, I guess that's possible

Megera
Sep 9, 2008

CannedMacabre posted:

Oh boy....

http://imgur.com/gallery/84Lrk

" Vandalized due to my police support.....
On Tuesday Night, 9-13-2016, between 9:30PM and 10:45PM, my van was tagged by a supposed Black Lives Matter "Activist" because I have 3 Thin Blue Line Decals (it represents the Police, the blue line, separating the good from the evil). The Van was parked in my Driveway in Florissant, MO.

I am an Owner/Operator, and this is my only source of income. I don't want any sympathy, I just want to show that no one is safe from these "peaceful" activists."

I give this til tomorrow afternoon before it comes out that this Missouri Good 'ol Boy did this himself.

A few years ago, I came home at 2AM, and a group of six Asian people were at the house across from me. I didn't think anything of it since that house had late night parties all the time, and I lived in Little Saigon, and I just wanted to sleep. The next morning, one of our neighbors was going door to door to ask if anyone had witnessed anything after midnight, and it turned out my neighbor's son's car had been spray painted with "White Power" and had its tires slashed.

What I'm saying is the imgurian probably did it to himself because there's no other damage to his car.

That's my story, thanks for reading.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Non Serviam posted:

Head on doesn't necessarily mean both parties were driving. She could be crossing the street, and the front of the other car, who's coming from the wrong side, hits her.

I actually looked up the definition, since I was worried I could be getting it wrong. But no, head on means that it involves the front. If that's not the common usage there though, I guess that's possible

Head on usually refers to the positioning of the victim (more specifically that the front of both vehicles collided, really). One generally doesn't say a pedestrian is hit head on because it doesn't really matter what way they were facing. Much like how you don't hear of them being t-boned or rear ended either.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Megera posted:

What I'm saying is the imgurian probably did it to himself because there's no other damage to his car.
That and he magically knows it was done by a Black Lives Matter activist. Unsurprisingly, the comments are mostly eating it up without question.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Garrand posted:

Head on usually refers to the positioning of the victim (more specifically that the front of both vehicles collided, really). One generally doesn't say a pedestrian is hit head on because it doesn't really matter what way they were facing. Much like how you don't hear of them being t-boned or rear ended either.

Thanks for clarifying. English isn't my first language, so I appreciate it

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Haifisch posted:

That and he magically knows it was done by a Black Lives Matter activist. Unsurprisingly, the comments are mostly eating it up without question.

Well, it WAS tagged by the bureau of land management.

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

Back today with a incredibly important update re: cardboard and rain

quote:

Yesterday, I posted a picture of my van that had been tagged up by supposed BLM activists. The image showed a piece of cardboard. That Cardboard was used to cover the deplorable graffiti.....Until this morning, when the rain took it out.....

I just want to be clear, I AM NOT LOOKING FOR ANY MONETARY GAINS. This is causing my family and I some hard times financially, but that is something I am used to, and I always find a through it. However, one of my companies largest customers has stepped forward to remove the graffiti, and replace all the graphics on the can, for which I am very grateful! Thank you Schnieder Graphics (Weldon Springs, MO)!

The Vandalism is being investigated by St. Louis County Police, 1st Precinct, by Detective Walsh. A Police report was made Tuesday night when the vandalism was discovered.

I want to thank all the support and advice that the people of Imgur has shown, but some concerns have come up stating that this is a new account, and that I am a new member. 1st off, yes, this is a new account, but I am NOT a new member, I have another account that I forgot the login details to, that account is "Tiroch"

As for the nay-sayers saying that I did this for attention/money/being racist/upvote whoring, you people are DEAD WRONG! I am a hard working, middle class guy. I don't like being given handouts, I don't even like free stuff when I don't either work for it or deserve it. Some of my best friends are black, and I don't care about the upvotes at all. I am just showing what coward(s) did to my van because of my Blue Porch Light/Thin Blue Line police support.

I also want to mention that if ANYONE has information leading to the arrest AND conviction of the pathetic coward who attacked a working class mans only source of income, then there will be a $500 reward for you.

If anything else needs to be addressed, please ask me below in the comments and I will be happy to reply.

Link to Original Imgur post: http://imgur.com/gallery/84Lrk

Link to Fox 2 News Initial report: http://fox2now.com/2016/09/15/north-county-mans-truck-vandalized-over-thin-blue-line-support/
Link to KMOV Channel 4's report: http://www.kmov.com/story/33115753/florissant-mans-work-van-hit-by-vandals
Link to Fox 2's Follow up report from last night: http://fox2now.com/2016/09/16/businesses-aid-man-whose-truck-was-vandalized-over-police-support/

-Jim Tiroch
Florissant, MO

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ah, the good old "some of my friends are black" rears its head.

And loving cardboard. That's the nail in the STDH coffin for me. Like it's really hard to get some enamel spray paint in a close enough hue to cover that poo poo? At least until he has the time/money to get the panels re-painted. If I saw a contractor van with patches of gray or off-white paint on it, I'd assume "ah, must have been some vandalism" at the worst. And that's if I'd even think anything of it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I find it highly suspect that no functional damage was done. No tire slashing. No windows broken. No lights smashed. Just cheap, easy spray paint and an arrow pointing to the offending sticker. Also, I live pretty close to St. Louis on the Illinois side and I've never heard "PIG LOVER" in my life. Usually there is only one word that fills the space in "______ lover" in Missouri.