Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Black Mirror S2 got a good review in the Graun today, so that'll be worth tracking down as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/sep/16/black-mirror-first-look-review-charlie-brooker

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

https://twitter.com/surfline/status/776485810816245761

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Graff posted:

you seen Nathan Barley yet? that poo poo was straight up prophetic

still disappointed they didn't go with the original title

i suppose it's nws for language but gently caress it

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

gently caress you im a shark

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Syncopated posted:

gently caress you im a shark

suck my diiiick

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

tfw when you get bored and make images for this thread and then people share them on other platforms :3:

Graff
May 10, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

still disappointed they didn't go with the original title

i suppose it's nws for language but gently caress it

lol yeah I remember the first time I heard someone say "he's a bit of a nathan" it was before the show came out when it was just a regular gag on TVGoHome

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

Graff posted:

lol yeah I remember the first time I heard someone say "he's a bit of a nathan" it was before the show came out when it was just a regular gag on TVGoHome

i just watched the first 2minutes and based on the trashbat/double bluetooth earpiece gag my judgment is thus:

i'm in

way in

thx for the tip

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

duTrieux. posted:

tfw when you get bored and make images for this thread and then people share them on other platforms :3:

you know you've arrived as an internet comedy distributor

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

abraham linkedin posted:

i have vertigo so gently caress you all

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

is russia yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU7WyuC8Hy8

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Roosevelt posted:

i visited the cliffs of moher in ireland, which is piddly in height compared to some of the tall buildings of the world, but there's a section you can walk out on to that is just directly on the cliffs, with a straight 700' drop down to the rocks below with no railing. it was a p. windy day so i was just trying to keep my rear end hole puckered up while staying as far away from the edge as possible, but my friends were lying down with their arms hanging over the edge going "lol take a picture" and i yelled at them

this is what ooh-aah point in the grand canyon is like

see that outcropping those people are standing on? that's over a thousand foot drop that people fall off of sometimes

so when we went ofc we climbed out over it and took a buncha pictures and whooo boy did my in-laws get mad when they saw

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Robot Pride posted:

speaking of prophetic, i'm sitting in my living room right now watching Idiocracy on IFC while writing some Go code for werk...this movie loving slays my side which is to say i'm not making much progress coding

movie is a straight up documentary about the near future

you talk like a fag, and your poo poo's all retarded

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Graff
May 10, 2012

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

wrong account, knuc

Graff
May 10, 2012

see i'm acrophobic as poo poo but i just find this stuff cool to watch

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QSpDfGHmtw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this is what ooh-aah point in the grand canyon is like

see that outcropping those people are standing on? that's over a thousand foot drop that people fall off of sometimes

so when we went ofc we climbed out over it and took a buncha pictures and whooo boy did my in-laws get mad when they saw

i forgot there were also these signs all over the place

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
so they're rebooting the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

amongst other things, the lips are being replaced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcPBNWqzgcc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've heard the original so many times that this one just sounds wrong, with the deep sultry wavery bits really standing out

when the singer isn't overdoing it it's fine though

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Iridium posted:

gently caress this the only reboot i need is that one episode of comedy bang bang

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

fffffffffffffffffffffffriday night motherfuckers ! !

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Sombrerotron posted:

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Sombrerotron posted:

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

lol you can't kill me i'm already dead

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Chris Knight posted:

just read this poo poo: dude's got stories for miles: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0864997/bio?ref_=nm_dyk_qt_sm#quotes

oh my goddd lmaoooo

quote:

[2011, on working with Steven Seagal on The Glimmer Man (1996)] So I show up at Steven's home on Stone Canyon Road. My audition was at 10 a.m. And I sat in his living room, which was filled with saddles. Saddles. All over the place. Like, ornate saddles. And I waited until 12:30. Steven came downstairs. He had been asleep. And at that point, I was kind of... What do you call it? You know, when waiting to do an audition, you develop a certain amount of stress. Like athletes who build up lactic acid in their body. At that time, I was still with lactic acid. Or whatever. My body became a toxic-waste dump. So I really don't remember the audition too much, because I was so traumatized-there's the trauma - I was traumatized by waiting to audition. They wanted me to shoot one of the first days of shooting. They called me at 7 in the morning, which I'm used to, but the crew call was 9. So I came in two hours early. The reason they wanted me two hours early was that they wanted to discuss hair with the hairdresser. But because I was bald, the hairdresser didn't come in, so I was stuck waiting in the parking lot for someone to show up for two hours. When, finally, people showed up, John Gray came in and told me in a panic that Steven Seagal wanted to rewrite the script. He decided it was bad for his karma to constantly be killing people in movies, so he didn't want to kill me, anymore. And I said, "Well, it's important in the script that he kills me, because I'm, like, a serial killer". And he said, "Don't get into it with him. He believes it hurts his karmic development if he were to kill people". And Warner Brothers is furious, because they told Steven, "Steven, we hired you because you're good at killing people. And you know, you dance with who brought you. We're not casting you to do a peace-loving cop, we're casting you to murder people". So, we got in to rehearse our scene, and Steven says, "You wanna go over the lines?" And I go, "Sure". "By the way, I should mention I think we should change the end, because I shouldn't kill you". And John Gray is standing behind us doing the ix-nay sign, with his finger going across his throat, like, "Don't talk, don't talk, don't talk. Don't say anything". I said, "Steven, that is an amazing argument. I never really thought of that before. But coming from my character's perspective, I am trapped in hell, being a serial killer. It is the worst thing that I could imagine. So if you were to kill me, you would actually be freeing me to come back in a reincarnational form as something better, and I would be able to atone for my sins here on Earth. So I think you would be doing me a huge favor". And Steven said, "I never thought of it that way". So we shot the scene where he shoots me. We put in the prosthetics where my whole chest explodes when he shoots me, and then he walks up with the gun smoking, and looks down at me. We do this whole scene where I hold a priest hostage. He looks down at me, smoking, and John patted me on the back, and he said, "Thank you, Stephen, for getting us out of that one". Fade out. Fade in. Two and a half months later, I get a phone call from John Gray. He said, "Oh, dear. We're in trouble. Steven Seagal started ad-libbing in another scene about, "Thank God I didn't kill the guy in the church". So we have to find some way to add some lines to indicate that you're not dead. So can you come in and look at the scene and see if we can put something into the film to indicate that you are still alive?" So I'm watching the film. Keenen Ivory Wayans walks in to watch the scene. We do the whole scene where I'm holding the priest, Steven shoots me, my chest explodes in slow-motion! I mean, the entire chest cavity goes! I fall out of frame, Steven walks up with the smoking gun. And John Gray said, "Maybe you can add a line off-camera here". And I said, "Like what? What would I add? Like, 'You missed me!' or, 'Thank God it's just a flesh wound', or 'Oh no! I'm injured!'" I mean, my whole chest exploded. Keenen Ivory Wayans just rolls his eyes and walks out of the room. So I added, off-camera, "Finish me. Finish me off, you son of a bitch! Finish me!" It's ludicrous! And I don't know what they ended up showing. I don't know if they ended up cutting that entirely, cutting me getting shot, cutting what I said, but I knew we were in the area of high comedy at that point.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

Robot Pride posted:

writing some Go code for werk...

:rip:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

working week's come to its end, party time is here again

everyone can come if they want to

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

I got sand on my dongle

Robot Pride
Aug 2, 2010

by exmarx

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

movie is a straight up documentary about the near future

it's a grimdark vision of a trump presidency

"i know poo poo's hosed up right now but i got a plaaaaaan"

*sponsored by taco bell*

Iridium posted:

b&/removed by 20th cent fox

if you guys haven't checked out Documentary Now on IFC yet then i highly recommend

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5UNl7m70b0

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

lol epic

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

graph posted:

lol my epic mount

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

George fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Sep 16, 2016

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
ri-ri knows whats up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
also its :3: af how flustered drake gets every time he appears with rihanna at an awards show or wherever

• Locked thread