Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
it's like almost everyone playing this game sucks, is unstable, or is useless in some way but there's no real reason to air dirty laundry unless the other party does it first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

RhoA posted:

Nice missing high slot bro.

well gently caress

i did not see that, i thought it was empty for cap or something gently caress. oh well i dont have logi 5 for srp

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

gwrtheyrn posted:

it's like almost everyone playing this game sucks, is unstable, or is useless in some way but there's no real reason to air dirty laundry unless the other party does it first

the only thing i've learned from the past 517 pages is that becoming space important makes you completely batshit insane

Schlampa
Dec 28, 2006

who is everyone voting for president?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

you are starting to understand the true zen of nullsec alliance politics

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

bonewitch posted:

the only thing i've learned from the past 517 pages is that becoming space important makes you completely batshit insane

as if it's not a prerequisite

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Divine Blob posted:

well gently caress

i did not see that, i thought it was empty for cap or something gently caress. oh well i dont have logi 5 for srp

Yeah, you really need logi 5 if you're going to be flying the guardian.

Schlampa posted:

A wild Lamp makes an appearance!

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

RhoA posted:

Yeah, you really need logi 5 if you're going to be flying the guardian. any logi ship

Never not train logi 5

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Schlampa posted:

travis wells

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

bonewitch posted:

yeah, this seems correct.

goninzo
Aug 26, 2009

All around decent avatar

Foehammer007 posted:

travis wells

This is the only answer.

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Foehammer007 posted:

travis wells

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Rhymenoserous posted:

this is what happens when you don't read the guys posts and only read the ones going after him.

like I'm a card carrying member of the "doubt the directors" and "free kismeteer" club but even I'm slowly losing the "Feel sorry for him vibe" and moving on towards "Well he's digging his own holes v0v"

but thank you for coming in here and telling us ~how it is~

i did infact read his self imposed martyr posts. doesnt change how it seems to keep repeating itself. just because you frame an idea with sarcasm, doesnt mean it isnt happening

gwrtheyrn posted:

maybe this is true, but it seems like a real lovely way of acting towards each other. what if the gsf leadership crew didnt jump at every opportunity to sling poo poo like unsubstantiated stolen valor claims or MENTALLY UNSTABLE every time a bitter ex went off the rails? no, lets slapfight about it for another 100 pages i guess

im enjoying it, as you can plainly see

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

dodkalm posted:

Foehammer007 posted:

travis wells

:ironicat:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Schlampa posted:

trump, without hesitation :911:

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

RhoA posted:

Yeah, you really need logi 5 if you're going to be flying the guardian.

A wild Lamp makes an appearance!

Yeah, it's in my skill queue. I got a little excited and wanted to fly logi and wanted to try and help out. Shame almost every got alpha'd.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
I don't think Travis is 35 or older so he's out for president sorry.

Also don't really bother flying logistics ships if you don't have logistics 5 it's a waste of ISK. Did you find a mentor who actually plays -- a logi pilot specifically? Find one if you don't have one. I'm sorry it can't be me but I've been othergaming for a while now and just started witcher 3 so it's gonna be a while before I make my way back to active town. Reading about it has been nice though - been a while.

stale meme dot png fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 16, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

ChickenWing posted:

you'll note I didn't blame you this time deadtear

better not, fucker

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

goonfleet dot com has too many loving stickies everywhere

find me useless stickies and ill knock them over, vio did for a couple days then got bored

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
im now live blogging what im seeing, im at the part where kismeteer is desperately trying to make the thread about himself and everyone is falling over themselves to help him out in his endeavor

Spice World War II
Jul 12, 2004

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

find me useless stickies and ill knock them over, vio did for a couple days then got bored

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/144701-h-ratli-smirks-infamous-guide-to-posting-read-this-now/

This one as no one reads it anyway as evidenced by all the posting

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

im now live blogging what im seeing, im at the part where kismeteer is desperately trying to make the thread about himself and everyone is falling over themselves to help him out in his endeavor

ive been waiting for your opinions on the thread with baited breath

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

maybe this is true, but it seems like a real lovely way of acting towards each other. what if the gsf leadership crew didnt jump at every opportunity to sling poo poo like unsubstantiated stolen valor claims or MENTALLY UNSTABLE every time a bitter ex went off the rails? no, lets slapfight about it for another 100 pages i guess

im enjoying it, as you can plainly see

It's kind of hypocritical to talk about one group slinging poo poo while ignoring the instigators whom are the very ones you feel the need to defend. Our directors didn't instigate the verbal attacks on Darius Johnson, they responded to them. The same with Endie as much as I love him, or Kismeteer. The directors didn't nail these people to a cross, they chose to do that entirely on their own, and the shock and dismay that previous friends may have unkind words to say after the fact never seems to have crossed their minds. I mean despite all the dirty laundry aired I like Endie, hell I like Kismeteer, I'd have probably liked DJ if I got to know him, I definitely think he's hilarious. But he's also full of poo poo and threw a tantrum because the current directorate trusted their own guts (Which I personally think they were wrong about too tbh) over what absentee dad was telling them he wanted them to do, because ~reasons~.

And while sure it would be entirely possible to just take the high road and keep quiet about it while your name was dragged through the mud by your once upon a time allies, that is literally the very definition of a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If they didn't fire back and these posts were just shuffled off to the side and ignored your dumb concern troll rear end would be sitting in here going "Lol can't even respond to those accusations huh?"

I hope this helps you understand all that I mean when I say "Shut the gently caress up retard."

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Rhymenoserous posted:

It's kind of hypocritical to talk about one group slinging poo poo while ignoring the instigators whom are the very ones you feel the need to defend. Our directors didn't instigate the verbal attacks on Darius Johnson, they responded to them. The same with Endie as much as I love him, or Kismeteer. The directors didn't nail these people to a cross, they chose to do that entirely on their own, and the shock and dismay that previous friends may have unkind words to say after the fact never seems to have crossed their minds. I mean despite all the dirty laundry aired I like Endie, hell I like Kismeteer, I'd have probably liked DJ if I got to know him, I definitely think he's hilarious. But he's also full of poo poo and threw a tantrum because the current directorate trusted their own guts (Which I personally think they were wrong about too tbh) over what absentee dad was telling them he wanted them to do, because ~reasons~.

And while sure it would be entirely possible to just take the high road and keep quiet about it while your name was dragged through the mud by your once upon a time allies, that is literally the very definition of a "Damned if you do, Damned if you don't" situation. If they didn't fire back and these posts were just shuffled off to the side and ignored your dumb concern troll rear end would be sitting in here going "Lol can't even respond to those accusations huh?"

I hope this helps you understand all that I mean when I say "Shut the gently caress up retard."

This post right here is why I tried (in my own inept, stumbling way) to try and at least address the BOS/SV thing openly. This sort of thing means a lot to me, and I really appreciate it.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
triggered

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Remind me how Blwarrf's departure fits into the saga. IIRC Endie was citing his dismissal as support for the lovely way the direkkktorate was treating people at the time?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

This post right here is why I tried (in my own inept, stumbling way) to try and at least address the BOS/SV thing openly. This sort of thing means a lot to me, and I really appreciate it.

I still think you guys were wrong about it too, but that's gonna happen. I still have a high opinion of Endie (Because everything posted so far is entirely context free), I think Kismeteer is the best thing to happen to newbies ever, but denying people the right to defend their actions all in the name of some false moral high ground just ensures issues are NEVER hashed out as one side ultimately gets to soap box around like gang busters.

I wouldn't accept that as an outcome just to appease anyone. I'm a fair person.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 16, 2016

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

Blazing Zero posted:

can someone please stop teasing me and drop some god drat logs

someone pasted these in elysium earlier, might just be sion's doing though

http://pastebin.com/4Q9FELC1

Blazing Zero posted:

really need to stop airing reruns imo

this is like the ensemble number where everyone comes out and airs all of their problems before magically resolving them and maybe there's a wedding

Blazing Zero posted:

baited breath

don't eat worms silly dogge

I'm not stalking you I'm just catching up I swear

Daco Vato posted:

I don't think Travis is 35 or older so he's out for president sorry.

Also don't really bother flying logistics ships if you don't have logistics 5 it's a waste of ISK

I thought the Oneiros was designed for logi 4 guys?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
so i shouldn't fly my guardian until logi 5 or should i just fly it and not expect srp until logi 5?

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Divine Blob posted:

so i shouldn't fly my guardian until logi 5 or should i just fly it and not expect srp until logi 5?

guardians a cap hog, just don't fly it.

EDIT: Till 5 I mean.

To explain this, a uber tanked perma ab guardian at logi 5 can be cap stable with 1 cap transfer on it. At logi 4 if I'm not mistaken it requires 2 cap transfers (I'm away from my EFT and I haven't flown one in 4 years). This means in a standard logi chain you are a weak link and you require far more effort to be "Effective" than the rest of the logi wing.

EDIT: Again, and so that's why even as a member of the cap chain you were capping out on the reg.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Sep 16, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Blazing Zero posted:

its mysterious how as soon as an ex gsf director voices discontent, history gets changed into they sucked/are unstable/were useless by the same 2-4 posters itt

kismet no joke was always terrible and I've been saying that publicly for at least 5 years

dodkalm
Nov 27, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Remind me how Blwarrf's departure fits into the saga. IIRC Endie was citing his dismissal as support for the lovely way the direkkktorate was treating people at the time?

The very short version: Blawrf turned into an entitled manchild, threatened to leak some ~things~. Misinterpreted something Sion said as a personal threat and started a reddit hate mob after sion

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
sorry for the post delay im getting ready to take a nice drive up the mountains because its a nice day

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

kismet no joke was always terrible and I've been saying that publicly for at least 5 years

you say this about everyone so it's more of a cya than an honest opinion at this point

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

you say everyone is terrible

and are generally right about that

Porkbutte
Jan 26, 2015

Bilirubin posted:

Blawarf had his sex chamber rights revoked because he was afk and dear leader wanted to make sure only actives were going to be showing up to the orgies so that everyone would have the right amount of partners and no one would be left out or matched up incorrectly.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Zodium posted:

this was a thing right from day one with the pre-Goonfleet old guard goons feeling entitled to leadership and bitterly going gently caress goons when they didn't get it
dont forget remedial and kind of hoegaarden

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

Our directors didn't instigate the verbal attacks on Darius Johnson, they responded to them.

No, I did

iVjLZDDc
Mar 29, 2016

Divine Blob posted:

Yeah, it's in my skill queue. I got a little excited and wanted to fly logi and wanted to try and help out. Shame almost every got alpha'd.

That'll happen; don't get discouraged. Utility roles are awesome fun and end up teaching you quite a lot because you're forced to be aware of a lot more about what's happening on grid, so you end up learning better than if you'd kept in mainline DPS (or even mainline logi).

Dictor, logi, and properly used ceptors are fun and teaching roles for blob; recon/(solo) logi/EAF are super satisfying for smaller scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

You instigate verbal attacks on everyone.

• Locked thread